• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dream Stone Re-Upgrade CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the upgrade goes through and we reach a consensus on what number of universes to use, I can draft a blog (It basically just needs to highlight the number of universes and why it's that number, right? If it's more than that though you may wanna get someone more knowledgeable on the verse)

That is a stark difference. I would assume this calculated value was accepted by staff?
I'm actually gonna put a moratorium on that real quick because we're currently discussing what the actual number might be. Seems like it'll be more in the thousands to tens of thousands atm

I'm actually gonna put a moratorium on that real quick because we're currently discussing what the actual number might be. Seems like it'll be more in the thousands to tens of thousands atm
I see. Can you link to this calc. I'm curious about the methodology.

I see. Can you link to this calc. I'm curious about the methodology.
Tbh I don't think that's what the past calc was, I think we were scaling it to the Dream Depot which has countless dreams. The calc for 292,200,000 universes was done in this thread on the first page, but I'm really not in agreement with it anymore because of the context of the story.

Honestly I'd prefer just using the real world smallest island equivalent cause trying to count the NPCs could have some margin of error.

Given the need for the Dream Stone to be charged up with people’s dreams via the Dreambeats, we should use the population of Pi’illo Island as the number of dreams. Using the population of the island with the smallest population, this comes out to 100,000

100 K seems too high, I counted less than 10000 when considering both NPCs and enemies in the real world segments.
Counting NPCs and all that leaves room for error and doesn’t account for any residents we may have just not seen

Nothing suggests it’s “too high”

so, if I'm understanding

those who scale to/above the Dream/Nightmare Stones are a countable amount into 2-B

and those who scale to/above the Chaos/Pure Hearts are a countless amount into 2-B?

Last edited:
The Void and the Hearts are always going to be the God Tiers of the franchise that directly scale to the cosmology unless something new comes that's explicitly stated to be the same level of threat or scales above them, but I doubt that's going to happen.

The cosmology is easily Multiversal so the best shot of downgraded them would be to argue the Multiverse isn't made of countless universes but I'm not sure how strong that argument would be given all the evidence to suggest otherwise.

Well an argument could be made the Void doesn’t really scale to anything outside the Paper Mario cosmology, since no even knew about the events in that world before Paper Jam.

Well an argument could be made the Void doesn’t really scale to anything outside the Paper Mario cosmology, since no even knew about the events in that world before Paper Jam.
Let's not derail with further discussion about the Void. This is about the Dream Stone

Theres 47 characters in dream team, not that its the number we are probably looking or hoping for bur surely thats not including every npc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back