• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Evolution CTR (Yes, I'm serious)

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
So I have been watching the masterpiece known as Dragonball Evolution (No idea of why we never got a sequel, tbh). But while the movie is great, all two of it's profiles are not so much.
Goku (Dragonball Evolution)
Name: It can actually be changed to Son Goku, Mai calls him that in one scene. When talking to Piccolo. And nowhere else.
...huh.
Age: It should be changed to "At least 2000 years old (Was terrorizing Earth along with Piccolo over 2000 years ago as Oozaru), 18 years old physically and mentally". How exactly this works isn't explained since Gohan dies before doing so.
Powers and Abilities: Goku has shown Precognition while holding a Dragon Ball, and Roshi even points out that the future the Dragon Balls show Goku can change.
Attack Potency: So Goku's attack potency comes from matching a ki blast from Piccolo which, yeah, it happened, but the context is also important. Before doing that, Goku says: "I am... Goku. I... am Oozaru. To be a one with myself I must be two", then roars like Oozaru without transforming. This, besides being a reference to when OG Goku unlocked his hidden potential before fighting King Piccolo, would imply that Goku is unable to match Piccolo in base, which is actually supported by the movie:
  • Goku had never beaten Gohan, who was easily killed by Piccolo.
  • Goku struggled against Roshi, who is weaker than Piccolo as he thought that the Mafuba has the only way of beating him.
  • Roshi explicitly says that Goku wasn't ready to fight Piccolo, which is why he wanted to use the Mafuba
  • Most of Goku's fight against Piccolo consisted in dodging his ki blasts, and giving him just 2 punches
On top of that, the only way we know Goku is able to use Oozaru at all is when the blood moon eclipses the sun, so he can't even use it as he pleases.

This would divide Goku in 3 keys: Base, Oozaru, and... One with himself? I dunno how to call the last key.

Not sure of what his tier in base should be, I don't remember any notable feats. Maybe 9-C for now as Gohan feared what would happen if Goku decided to fight his bullies.

Weakness: Holding back and lacking confidence should be removed, the first because it only applies to people he doesn't want to hurt, and the second because it's mostly about his social skills, not to mention he gets over it by the end of the film.

The Oozaru key, however, should have "Blindly follows Piccolo's orders" as a weakness.
Piccolo (Dragonball Evolution)
Attack Potency: Now, normally I would say that the calc should be changed to this one which is more accurate (Though it still needs to be evaluated). There is a problem however:

When does the feat of Piccolo destroying a Country happens? Because maybe I zoned out, but I don't remeber ever seeing it.
This is the closest thing I saw (It's from the vision Goku gets from the Dragon Ball on the volcano), but not only it doesn't match the image of the calc I just linked, it's also never shown who causes said explosion.

I also tried to look for the scene by itself, but I no luck. If no one can provide the scene, the profiles should probably be downgraded

I saw this while I was in the infinite speed CRT and started laughing my life away.

It looks good though, I agree with the OP

We only know Goku is a "shell", but Ozaru is also refered as his "True self".

This is completely unrelated, but I find it so funny they never say Mai's name in the entire movie.

Also having seen the movie, I think the narration says something like "cities and countries fell to Piccolo" or smthn to act as some support for country destroying Piccolo.

Best strength feat I think for Goku is near the middle of the film, when he lifts a bunch of metal pans and shit on his back while running alongside a car.

As practically no one has seen the movie, I guess I can jump in and say that I find the changes fine.

So can what has been accepted be applied now?

Okay. Tell me here when I should close this thread.

Pretty sure that if you wanted to make keys for DBE Goku, there's better feats in support of his Base than the Gohan statement. I'd have to look though

More importantly, I'm glad to know yet another person here has watched this vital piece in cinematic history

However, the user who made it doesn't seem a vandal, so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt

I gave him a warning via his wiki message wall.

I agree.

As a suggestion:
"Base | Oozaru | Fully synced".

Geeko (base) was able to react to an attack from one of Fuller's boys, despite the guy being behind him. The scene shows Geeko's pupils move, like, a centimeter to the left before dodging his attack from behind, so based on how you see it, you could either be Instinctive Reactions or Analytical Prediction.

While he didn't actually fight back against the bullies, two of which (one being Fuller) surviving being struck with metal rods by each other, he could theoretically scale to them, if you are to take "Geeko is depicted as much faster and much more skilled than them" as "Geeko surpasses them in all aspects", which makes sense. I doubt these random highschoolers are more powerful than Grandpa Gohan who Geeko trains with regularly, if I recall correctly.

Also noteworthy is that Fuller accidentally destroyed his car with that metal rod I mentioned earlier, shattering windows and windshields, denting the roof, with the car eventually succumbing to wheel stud destruction.

Geeko also perceived the bullies as really slow at one point in the fight, but not slow enough to be considered a snail's pace, but still noteworthy. Some shots later on are shot in slow motion, which leads me to believe this isn't an outlier and Geeko is just that much faster than the bullies and water splashes. And, of course, there's his bullet dodging feat that's already listed on his page.

Based off of this, I think it's reasonable to scale Geeko to "At least Athlete level, likely higher" and "At least Supersonic, possibly far higher".

I haven't seen the movie in years, so I'd have to rewatch it to know more. I just went to watch the bully fight on YouTube.

Well, Rodri can probably do so then. He should tell me here when he is done.

As a suggestion:
"Base | Oozaru | Fully synced".

Geeko (base) was able to react to an attack from one of Fuller's boys, despite the guy being behind him. The scene shows Geeko's pupils move, like, a centimeter to the left before dodging his attack from behind, so based on how you see it, you could either be Instinctive Reactions or Analytical Prediction.

While he didn't actually fight back against the bullies, two of which (one being Fuller) surviving being struck with metal rods by each other, he could theoretically scale to them, if you are to take "Geeko is depicted as much faster and much more skilled than them" as "Geeko surpasses them in all aspects", which makes sense. I doubt these random highschoolers are more powerful than Grandpa Gohan who Geeko trains with regularly, if I recall correctly.

Also noteworthy is that Fuller accidentally destroyed his car with that metal rod I mentioned earlier, shattering windows and windshields, denting the roof, with the car eventually succumbing to wheel stud destruction.

Geeko also perceived the bullies as really slow at one point in the fight, but not slow enough to be considered a snail's pace, but still noteworthy. Some shots later on are shot in slow motion, which leads me to believe this isn't an outlier and Geeko is just that much faster than the bullies and water splashes. And, of course, there's his bullet dodging feat that's already listed on his page.

Based off of this, I think it's reasonable to scale Geeko to "At least Athlete level, likely higher" and "At least Supersonic, possibly far higher".

I haven't seen the movie in years, so I'd have to rewatch it to know more. I just went to watch the bully fight on YouTube.
Fuller's feats definitely would yield Street level, so it's safer to say BoM Geeko is 9-C

Plus there's also that locker feat in that scene with Chi-Chi plus and the fact that based off his training, 10-A would be a great amount of lowballing

I do not really want to interfere when I do not remember the context for what I should do.

@Amelia_Lonelyheart

Are you willing to handle it?

Back