• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Revival Discussion Thread

I dunno, nothing really on your end just hard to get distances

While we wait for the controversial feats, should probably work on the ability list. I’ve also been slowly composing “profiles” in a separate document until I figure out the sandboxes (or someone else does it). Erdrick Trilogy profiles will be the easiest since they have the least feats. It would be very helpful if someone could gather feats (mainly powers for the latter) for DQ7 and DQ9. The former is a really long game so that one will take plenty of work.

While we wait for the controversial feats, should probably work on the ability list. I’ve also been slowly composing “profiles” in a separate document until I figure out the sandboxes (or someone else does it). Erdrick Trilogy profiles will be the easiest since they have the least feats. It would be very helpful if someone could gather feats (mainly powers for the latter) for DQ7 and DQ9. The former is a really long game so that one will take plenty of work.
I own DQ9 so you need like a list of powers outside of player/enemy attacks or including player/enemy attacks?As there are powers/abilities that are only gone over in text ie Flame Spirits having elemental intangibility, Morag’s Witch’s Gaze being curse manipulation, the Ragin Contagin being both a disease and a curse, morag’s necromancy, etc

I own DQ9 so you need like a list of powers outside of player/enemy attacks or including player/enemy attacks?As there are powers/abilities that are only gone over in text ie Flame Spirits having elemental intangibility, Morag’s Witch’s Gaze being curse manipulation, the Ragin Contagin being both a disease and a curse, morag’s necromancy, etc
Mainly outside. Battle spells and abilities are way easier to identify and don’t need much input.

Intangibility:Monsters like Firespirits and Spirits are stated to lack a material body or are formless and that weapons pass through them and are hard to get a hold of

Non Physical Interaction: The hero and his party as well as other monsters are capable of harming monsters such Firespirts and Spirits

Soul Manipulation: Some monsters like Mean Spirits are described as being able to steal souls

Fusionism: Slimes are capable of combining into stronger monsters such as a Slime Stack or King Slime.

Inorganic Physiology: Many monsters are animate objects like sculptures or robots

Flight: Many monsters can fly

Levitation: Many monsters can levitate

Water Breathing/Self Sustenance: many monsters can breathe and survive on both land and in water

Weather Manipulation: Monsters like Cumulonimbus Hex and White Tigertaur can manipulate the weather

Immortality/Longevity : Many monsters are capable of living for hundreds of years or potentially forever

Poison Absorption?: Bubble Slimes are known to spend time relaxing in poisonous pools to increase their bodies toxicity

Resistance to Soul Manipulation: Monsters like Magus no longer have souls

Last edited:
So DQM Dark Prince has been out for a month or so now. I only recently got it so I’m not too far through. Anyone else play it?

Guys I don’t know if y’all been looking into DQX lore but apparently it goes off some kind of jank wizard 101 cosmology with all the worlds being separate but not separate?

Found this Reddit post while looking for possible connections of IX and X and DqX lore in general

So I'm sure some of you have seen this image from DQX Version 7's intro going around but as someone who's put an ASTRINOMICAL amount of time in to DQX for JUST THIS I can say I'm pretty confident 9 and 10 don't actually share the same world. The main reason is the world lore that the Human god, Gran Zenith, and human race were both the last to be created. And while Gran Zenith does exist in DQIX this wouldn't be the same person. And DQ does use names over several things such as the pegasus in VI having the same name as the on in DQX. But they are clearly not the same. Furthermore you can fight Corvus in DQX as an option boss that appears at the goddess tree/panaglam. And his description reads
"An otherworldly angel that brought destruction in a place different from here, in ancient times. The mysterious power dormant in the Origin Vault summoned its phantom."
"The Origin Vault Panigalm stores various memories from ancient times, and the incident caused by Corvus was an especially dense memory."

Which suggests he's NOT from Astoltia.

Further still whatever this place is we know is the world of ゼニアス (Zeniath?) and not Astoltia
The most logical explanation goes into a bit of the DQX world origin. So spoilers ahead.
beings known as the Dai Kut attack and eat the power of creation from worlds. And a place simply known as the cradle was attacked by them as well. As it was being destroyed the goddess Lutiana was told to flee. Once to safety she created Astoltia. Now that's very much the footnotes version but if DQIX and DQX are connected at all then IX would likely be whatever the world in the cradle was. Or just a separate world entirely as DQX is no stranger to world hoppers all over it's story and side quest content. But what ever the world we go to in Version 7 is I think it's likely A world that's been attacked by the dai kut and is recovering and that world seems to be that on IX

Back