• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well I never agreed with SSB being 50x SSG, that legit was ignoring something stated for the sake of an upgrade. I'd rather it be reverted to 10x
Okay, fair. I'm not sure about that multiplier myself either.

Also Vegeta's SSB is less than 10%, my point is that it's simply not less than 1% of something like that. Also, even if it's a tournament, that doesn't mean no one's fighting at full power or close to it.
Okay.

I'll piece something together in a sandbox for the scaling chain for that.

In the meantime though, the hang-ups for the DBS manga portion of this CRT shouldn't interrupt the Planet Vegeta re-calc getting applied so I think we're probably okay for that to go ahead? Or are we still waiting on one more staff member for that.

Hit was objectively taking hits from SSG Goku and I think this just speaks to the fact that SSJ and SSG aren't infinitely apart or something like that. I briefly saw arguments saying stuff like:
  • Hit taking blows from SSG Goku means nothing (no reason was given, it just means nothing and we're supposed to agree I guess)
If you are only gonna "briefly" look at things don't make such statements, I've given walls of reasonings and evidence that go against the idea of casual Hit being God level, so for you to come here and make a comment and say that I appear to give no reasons and expect people to agree is extremely unprofessional coming from a mod. If you're not gonna read the thread properly that's cool, but don't be making comments like this judging argumentation you haven't even bothered to properly check.
  • Whis says Hit is nowhere near SSG Goku (this is misleading, as he just says Goku is stronger than him, which can still be true with both of them being 2-C)
It's not misleading. Whis verbatim says that Goku is far stronger than Hit and that Hit's abillity doesn't work because it's only effective against people near his level.

Last edited:
If you are only gonna "briefly" look at things don't make such statements, I've given walls of reasonings and evidence that go against the idea of Hit being God level other than "it means nothing bro trust me". Even if we cut you some slack because you haven't read the thread, the little sum up you responded to already contains proof and reasoning for why that is the case. This reply comes off as extremely poor coming from a mod.
Your only retort beyond that was that Hit was being damaged by Base and SSJ Goku damaging Hit. And I already addressed this below:
Hit was objectively taking hits from SSG Goku and I think this just speaks to the fact that SSJ and SSG aren't infinitely apart or something like that.
And cool it with your high and mighty "this comes off extremely poor coming from a mod." Your argument and evidence is simply not sufficient in my view, and you just kinda have to accept that unless you've got something new to share.
It's not misleading. Whis verbatim says that Goku is far stronger than Hit and that Hit's abillity doesn't work because it's only effective against people near his level.
Doesn't change other stuff, though, like Vegeta's weakened SSB not even being less than 1% of its full power and thus making him still 2-C.

And then there are arguments you've given still that I find quite poor, like arguing SSG Goku didn't one-shot Trunks (he absolutely did, he was knocked down to base form and everything, that's like nigh-irrefutable) and Vegeta being weakened from 2-C to 4-B just by flying a short distance (which is completely unsupported, and no, Vegeta one-shotting Cabba is not an apt comparison because one is combat and the other isn't)

Your only retort beyond that was that Hit was being damaged by Base and SSJ Goku damaging Hit.
The issue is that initially you made the FALSE CLAIM that I gave no argumentation. My point is that if you aren't going to properly review things don't speak. It's the bare-minimum that's expected of a mod. Also note how even this lie is verifiably false, as I've presented much more than "Hit took damage against base or SSJ Goku", which anyone can just look up.
And cool it with your high and mighty "this comes off extremely poor coming from a mod." Your argument and evidence is simply not sufficient in my view, and you just kinda have to accept that unless you've got something new to share.
My issue isn't whether or not you agree with my arguments. What I do however take an issue with is you making objectively false claim that I presented no reasoning in my comments and just expected people to agree with me despite not having properly reviewed the thread by your own admission, and seemingly only having seen my very latest sum-up. Which is indeed quite unprofessional. But hey, maybe that's just me.

As for the rest it's basically just one big "Nuh-uh.". Anyway, I'll stop discussing this here. I'd have no issue taking the convo elsewhere though.

Last edited:
I read your post and I'm not seeing any new arguments. Just the same stuff we've already been over. You won't budge on those points. I won't budge on mine.
Well granted they are in a tournment where they're not supposed to kill each other so Goku can be using SSJ God form against him while also holding back his strength to avoid killing Hit.

If Vegeta's Super Saiyan Blue was only 10% of his usual strength then it should have still been stronger than Goku's Super Saiyan God form because (due to the 50x Super Saiyan multiplier) the God form should only be 2% as strong as the Super Saiyan Blue form.
I've already shown that God Goku can instantly beat 4-B opponents like Trunks without resorting to lethal force and we've seen characters in DB instantly knock out far weaker opponents all the time. You can see this at any World Tournament they have participated in.

As for Hit himself, When Hit goes Full Power he doesn't simply reach the level of God Goku. He takes a kick from Blue Goku, dodges a Super Kamehameha that Goku fires and Goku concludes that Hit is still holding back (that he is 'much stronger' than he has shown) because of the rules preventing him from using his assassin techniques. And notably Goku states he was waiting for that Super Kamehameha and that he's releasing 'everything in one shot'. This is a non-lethal tournament. Goku is not trying to kill Hit. Yet he's releasing all of his power in one Super Kamehameha to defeat Hit. Full Power Hit would need to have power on a similar level to Blue Goku just to survive that.

So from my perspective it seems suppressed Hit is somewhat inferior to God Goku but still has the durability and speed to not be one shot by him and Full Power Hit is strong enough to survive a full power Super Kamehameha from Blue Goku.

Last edited:
I've already shown that God Goku can instantly beat 4-B opponents like Trunks without resorting to lethal force and we've seen characters in DB instantly knock out far weaker opponents all the time. You can see this at any World Tournament they have participated in.
That's true, but it's also equally true that there are times when characters fail to knock out weaker opponents too despite being vastly more powerful than them.

That's true, but it's also equally true that there are times when characters fail to knock out weaker opponents too despite being vastly more powerful than them.
You have any particular examples in mind? I can't think of any right now besides characters like Freeza (noted for their durability) and characters with regeneration powers.

I read your post and I'm not seeing any new arguments. Just the same stuff we've already been over. You won't budge on those points. I won't budge on mine.
I did actually. Maybe instead of going Ad Nauseam actually address my points?
I've already shown that God Goku can instantly beat 4-B opponents like Trunks without resorting to lethal force
Already addressed, no counter on your end as of now:
Goku knocked Trunks out of SS2. The match ended with that.
Making Trunks revert from SSJ2 to base is not relevant to Trunks not suffering any damage and Trunks himself saying he's completely fine after the strike, having no issue moving right afterwards. Hit doesn't have a transformation that Goku can reverse for this to matter. Much like Trunks he'd still be able to move and will be fine, undamaged after a similar strike.

The "match ending" is not because Trunks couldn't continue, as he clearly would be able to if he wanted to. It's because they were just sparring as a test to their powers, unlike Goku and Hit who were in a tournament and had something to fight for.

Goku's attack sent him back to base form and the fight-ended. It was self-evidently a one-shot
Goku's attack didn't put a single scratch on Trunks and Trunks had no issues moving afterwards, with Trunks saying he is fine right after the strike. Not putting a scratch on your opponent and them being fine does not constitute to a "one-shot" unless your definition of one-shot is completely irrelevant to the Hit fight. And I've already slapped up the "fight ended" point so I don't see why you're bringing that up.
The "match ending" is not because Trunks couldn't continue, as he clearly would be able to if he wanted to. It's because they were just sparring as a test to their powers, unlike Goku and Hit who were in a tournament and had something to fight for.

Hitting someone with enough power to force them back into their base form has always been a sign of defeating them in Dragon Ball, that's just basic stuff. I don't care what you personally think you've "slapped up" or "debunked," I don't think you've adequately done so

Just to give a little heads-up since I'm actively involved in this thread, I'll be away from the forum for 3 - 4 days or so. If the Planet Vegeta portion of the thread is evaluated soon that part can be added to the profiles, but I'm hoping that the DBS manga scaling changes can wait till next week so we can go over that more in detail.

I've fully updated the scaling chain blog, though I need a bit of time for updating the profiles

Last edited:
So, is the logic that Vegeta ate a senzu bean went into blue and had an exchange with Black. But the fact that he moved towards Black means he lost all his stamina and is 4-B? I’m just wondering how this makes any coherent sense, when in the U6 tournament Vegeta loses his stamina after multiple fights not when he’s in the in the middle of a fight. If that was somehow the case there would literally be no point in using Blue, and such an argument is literally unsupported nowhere.

There's more to it than that, and I've got a different argument that doesn't depend on that bit of logic. Will go into it when I can get back to the thread.

Goku black literally added an SSB tier amp with rose on top of his SSB level ssj form, the only way Vegeta could have been able to beat him was if he got a similar amp

This is as clear cut a boost as anyone could see

Not sure that it makes sense scaling wise as Goku ends the arc in similar standing to vegeta besides unlocking CSSB and explicitly didn’t get extra training nor Zenkais

I finished with almost all of the profiles. I just need Piccolo to be unlocked and we're good

I finished with almost all of the profiles. I just need Piccolo to be unlocked and we're good
why is Piccolo of all characters locked?

Thanks for waiting everyone, back at my PC and was able to finish my rough draft sandbox proposal for the Future Trunks arc here.

The ratings, justifications and scaling layout is in there, but in a nutshell:
  • Goku and Vegeta are Solar System level in their base forms and lower Super Saiyan forms.
  • Goku Black's Post-Zamasu heal key and his Super Saiyan Rosé key are combined to streamline the profile a little.
  • Goku Black's Super Saiyan Rosé is stronger than Goku's and Vegeta's weakened Super Saiyan Blue states, but still weaker than their full power.
Let me explain how I narratively interpret the fights scenes in the manga between Vegeta and Goku Black.

1) Goku Black does not just go through a typical Zenkai when he suffers a near-death experience and gets healed by Zamasu, and not every Zenkai he goes through in the manga is an infinitely large boost in power. The reason for this is that we know he has already gone through multiple Zenkais off-screen before and after fighting Trunks, and yet for his first fight with Vegeta his Super Saiyan form is still only Solar System level. The reason for why he gets such a drastic boost is that he explains it as "The more these damaged cells regenerate, the more they become my own to control! The soul of a god and the body of a Saiyan - they are increasingly becoming one and the same." Getting full access to Goku's power is the most logical explanation for how he can contend with Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.

2) When Vegeta returns for a rematch after training inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, he hasn't gone through a drastic change in power as noted by Goku Black who is capable of sensing energy. Indeed when Vegeta transforms into Super Saiyan God, Goku Black isn't surprised by some kind of drastic change in power where Vegeta had gotten incomparably stronger than before. He even calls it a "downgraded Super Saiyan form", indicating that Vegeta appears weaker to him than what he fought him as a Super Saiyan Blue initially.

3) Trunks also questions how Vegeta, as a Super Saiyan God, is able to contend with Goku Black. Goku provides the explanation to both Trunks and the audience. Vegeta is storing up the power of Super Saiyan Blue inside of him and only transforming in extremely brief bursts - so quick that Goku Black can't even tell it is happening at first. This enables Vegeta to fight at full strength without the power of Super Saiyan Blue decreasing which is what was causing him to lose in his earlier fight with Goku Black.

So from this we can tell that:

Vegeta's full SSB's power > Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black's power > Vegeta's weakened SSB's power

4) The same thing holds true for Goku's full power. When Goku takes on Fused Zamasu alone and uses his completed Super Saiyan Blue against him, Vegeta explains it as "Blue's weakness is that its full power lasts only for a short while. He faced that weakness and overcame it. He's continuously fighting at 100%."

In other words:

Goku's full SSB's power = Fused Zamasu's power > Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black's power

Both Vegeta's and Goku's explanations of each other's methods are consistent; Super Saiyan Blue loses power too quickly so neither of them can fight at full strength against Goku Black earlier.

Vegeta gets around it by transforming is super-quick bursts, enabling him to fight at 100% strength when he throws an attack.

Goku gets around it by containing the power inside his body, enabling him to fight at 100% strength at all times.

If the argument is that "Vegeta must have gotten some giant power-up because he trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a day", then how is that Goku is just as strong as Vegeta without that training? All Goku did was practice the Mafuba sealing technique for less than a day. The answer, narratively, is that neither of them recieved a massive power boost; instead all they did was harness different methods that allowed them to fight at full strength. This satisfies the issue of "Why did Vegeta struggle so hard earlier against Goku Black, while he's able to beat him later on" which was an issue I've seen brought up in earlier threads.

Last edited:
This introduces some stuff, though: As explained earlier, SSB and SSR are the same transformation. The only difference is what kind of being is using the transformation. So if we're saying SSB Goku/Vegeta > SSR Goku Black, then Base Goku/Vegeta > Base Goku Black - the latter being 2-C post-Zamasu heal.

In addition, as I've mentioned earlier, Hit pre-amp is able to withstand hits from both SSJ and SSG Goku. Obviously Hit is inferior to SSG Goku (potentially even SSJ Goku), but we know that SSG Goku can one-shot characters far inferior to him like Trunks, and this did not happen with Hit. This also kills the "he wasn't trying to kill Hit because of the rules" point because Goku also isn't trying to kill Trunks here

This introduces some stuff, though: As explained earlier, SSB and SSR are the same transformation. The only difference is what kind of being is using the transformation. So if we're saying SSB Goku/Vegeta > SSR Goku Black, then Base Goku/Vegeta > Base Goku Black - the latter being 2-C post-Zamasu heal.
The powerscaling isn't without its flaws, that's for sure, but I don't think there's enough support in the manga for Goku Black's SSR being as huge jump in power as that. The most logical explanation is that despite looking like a Super Saiyan, Goku Black must have been using Goku's power equivalent to a Super Saiyan God when he fought Vegeta in his post-heal rematch. Then he surpasses Super Saiyan God with his Super Saiyan Rose transformation.

There's inconsistencies either way you slice it because the writing isn't perfect, but I think my solution works the best with the support of the narrative.

I don't think the narrative supports that; I've shown a lot of scans of the reason for why Goku and Vegeta are able to keep up with Goku Black when they return to the future and none of the scans point to them gaining a massive amount of power in their base forms.

I don't think the narrative supports that; I've shown a lot of scans of the reason for why Goku and Vegeta are able to keep up with Goku Black when they return to the future and none of the scans point to them gaining a massive amount of power in their base forms.
That's the thing, though. I'm going as far back as the U6 Saga, so this supports the idea that they didn't get much stronger between their two trips to the future

I believe that the Goku vs. Trunks sparring scene goes against that idea but I'll wait and see what other people have to say.

I mean I do think there are a couple of things about it that I could understand people finding questionable, but nothing I'd consider a straight anti-feat (like Trunks getting one-shot by SSG Goku would indicate he's simply weaker than Hit, who didn't, though tbh if we're saying Hit is below SSJ Goku as per Beerus's statement then that makes this whole thing one giant clusterfuck no matter what approach we take)

• Goku Black's Post-Zamasu heal key and his Super Saiyan Rosé key are combined to streamline the profile a little.
Okay. So you're basically saying here that SS Black is 2-C post-Zenkai.
  • Goku Black's Super Saiyan Rosé is stronger than Goku's and Vegeta's weakened Super Saiyan Blue states, but still weaker than their full power.
This makes little sense to me when it is stated that Rose is simply SSGSS. If Post-Zenkai Black scales to 2-C in just SS1 then goes Rose then that's a 160,000x power increase. When the only statement for a power decrease from using SSGSS is that it can nerf the user's power to <10% and under SSG which would be <2%. So a finite decrease in power that is still compared to God rather than any mortal form.
1) Goku Black does not just go through a typical Zenkai when he suffers a near-death experience and gets healed by Zamasu, and not every Zenkai he goes through in the manga is an infinitely large boost in power. The reason for this is that we know he has already gone through multiple Zenkais off-screen before and after fighting Trunks, and yet for his first fight with Vegeta his Super Saiyan form is still only Solar System level. The reason for why he gets such a drastic boost is that he explains it as "The more these damaged cells regenerate, the more they become my own to control! The soul of a god and the body of a Saiyan - they are increasingly becoming one and the same." Getting full access to Goku's power is the most logical explanation for how he can contend with Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.
So Goku's power is the reason he can contend with Blue Vegeta with just Super Saiyan? Really? Even though it's stated that it's because Black can abuse Zenkais? Even though Shin explains that Black specifically sought out a version of Zamasu who had healing powers so he could abuse this ability?

I'm sorry but your stance isn't supported in the narrative. Goku's body isn't why Black can contend with Super Saiyan Blue with just Super Saiyan 1. It is explicitly because he can continually zenkai boost with Zamasu healing him. This is stated multiple times and reinforced in the narrative.
2) When Vegeta returns for a rematch after training inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, he hasn't gone through a drastic change in power as noted by Goku Black who is capable of sensing energy.
Vegeta is in base form there and the ability to sense energy doesn't magically grant you the ability to tell when someone is suppressed or not.
Indeed when Vegeta transforms into Super Saiyan God, Goku Black isn't surprised by some kind of drastic change in power where Vegeta had gotten incomparably stronger than before. He even calls it a "downgraded Super Saiyan form", indicating that Vegeta appears weaker to him than what he fought him as a Super Saiyan Blue initially.
Yeah...because God is a weaker form than Blue. It is a 'downgraded' form in terms of power. If we say Blue Vegeta were relative to Rose Black here then Black would still make the same comment of Vegeta losing his mind by using a weaker form. So this statement doesn't mean much.

Infact I'd argue this is indicative of SSGSS not decreasing the user's power as quickly as some seem to think. After all as you say Black can sense energy. And he thinks God is a garbage form compared to Blue/Rose because of the power difference. If Blue/Rose decreased their power that fast then Black would have realised and commented on it.
3) Trunks also questions how Vegeta, as a Super Saiyan God, is able to contend with Goku Black. Goku provides the explanation to both Trunks and the audience. Vegeta is storing up the power of Super Saiyan Blue inside of him and only transforming in extremely brief bursts - so quick that Goku Black can't even tell it is happening at first. This enables Vegeta to fight at full strength without the power of Super Saiyan Blue decreasing
Yeah. Because God is a much weaker form than SSGSS. And by using SSGSS in bursts to maximise efficiency and power Vegeta has the advantage against someone using SSGSS who isn't doing the same.

Put it this way, this is like Base Vegeta beating Super Saiyan Goku then it later being revealed that Vegeta is using Super Saiyan in invisible bursts to maximise efficiency and power. It makes perfect sense in the context of what the character is actually doing and why other characters would be shocked by it.
which is what was causing him to lose in his earlier fight with Goku Black.
This isn't stated anywhere in any of the pages you posted. Or anywhere else that I can see.
So from this we can tell that:

Vegeta's full SSB's power > Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black's power > Vegeta's weakened SSB's power
And where does Super Saiyan Black stand?

If the argument is that "Vegeta must have gotten some giant power-up because he trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a day", then how is that Goku is just as strong as Vegeta without that training?

All Goku did was practice the Mafuba sealing technique for less than a day. The answer, narratively, is that neither of them recieved a massive power boost; instead all they did was harness different methods that allowed them to fight at full strength. This satisfies the issue of "Why did Vegeta struggle so hard earlier against Goku Black, while he's able to beat him later on" which was an issue I've seen brought up in earlier threads.
The inherent problem with this logic is that Vegeta should be far stronger than Goku. On the basis that he trained an additional year that Goku didn't get. And it's clear his training wasn't as simple as figuring out God and Blue, he pretty clearly pushed his body to the breaking point in there. Hell, Vegeta should be stronger than Goku even before the HTC. Earlier in the saga we see FPSS2 Trunks matches SS3 Goku and yet it's stated SS2 Vegeta has the advantage over Black even with Trunks saying Black has grown even stronger since he last fought him. Trunks even says it's been a 'while' since Black last used it, meaning Black was kicking him around in base form for some time.

So the scaling chain from just from basic information stated or shown in the manga would be:

Post-HTC SS2 Vegeta > Pre-HTC SS2 Vegeta > Post-Prologue SS Black > Pre-Prologue SS Black > FPSS2 Trunks = SS3 Goku

No matter what way we cut it here, Vegeta would be several times stronger than Goku in the Black Saga. And that's me ignoring things like the idea that Base Black was overpowering FPSS2 Trunks and that Black rarely uses Super Saiyan. If you use that to argue Base Black is akin to FPSS2 Trunks then that would mean Vegeta is several HUNDRED times stronger than Goku even before entering the HTC.

Essentially the scaling between Vegeta and Goku intrinsically doesn't make sense in the context of who has put the more effort or time in. Vegeta at the very start of the saga should already be several times stronger than Goku then trained an entire year in the HTC. Yet Goku is still explicitly superior by the end of the Black Saga.

In short, there is a clear precedent for Goku making 'unjust' leaps in power. It happens consistently in the Black Saga. The story outright wouldn't function without Goku making unjust power leaps.

Frankly I find the arguments presented by you so far to be unconvincing.

Last edited:
This makes little sense to me when it is stated that Rose is simply SSGSS. If Post-Zenkai Black scales to 2-C in just SS1 then goes Rose then that's a 160,000x power increase. When the only statement for a power decrease from using SSGSS is that it can nerf the user's power to <10% and under SSG which would be <2%. So a finite decrease in power that is still compared to God rather than any mortal form.
Can't respond to everything here at the moment, but we clearly don't treat it as just a 160,000x power increase.

The gap between Solar System level and Low Multiverse level is not 160,000x so it seems like we're being a bit selective for when this multiplier actually applies or not.

Can't respond to everything here at the moment, but we clearly don't treat it as just a 160,000x power increase.
Yes. Which means the idea of Blue weakening below 2-C is nonsensical. Because the multiplier of God should be far greater than 160,000x. If we were treating this logically then God would be accepted as a form that multiplies your power infinitely. Regardless Super Saiyan Black inherently needs 2-C power to challenge Blue Vegeta.

There was once a time that it was accepted that Goku became 2-C by absorbing God into base. During that time things were decidedly saner. Unfortunately that time has passed. Now we have people arguing 4-Bs can fight 2-Cs and that 2-Cs can drop to 4-B power after a single punch.
The gap between Solar System level and Low Multiverse level is not 160,000x so it seems like we're being a bit selective for when this multiplier actually applies or not.
The 160,000x multiplier is not 'selective'. It is an extreme lowball figure accepted by the wiki. It is our 'minimum' for God's power boost.

Back