• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Speculation thread

Daizenshuu is secondary canon, actually.

Also, this is very important, please read the rules section of the front page before continuing this.

If something stated in manga, anime and Daizenshuu than it is hyperbole (cells solar system feat). If something is not stated in manga and anime but stated in daizenshuu, then we we have to take it seriously

we may see something about the galaxy situation in the new episode,i think they flew into outer space to fight?

@Azathoth: it's only secondary canon yet everyone seems to take everything it said seriously, for instance the 4 galaxy thing which expand infinitely..is a definitely a NO to me.

Secondary canon means it's canon unless primary canon sources point in another direction.

The point is there's differing accounts of the DBU's size, and nothing has been solidified, so we're not interested in dealing with it unless something in Super explicitly puts the argument to rest, which will be a joyous day.

Was Cell's SS-busting in the Daizenshuu? Will it be upgraded if we see them doing this in Super? Besides that, was Toriyama even involved in making the Daizenshuu? Like at all? Because there's a lot they got wrong from what I've heard.

If Super doesn't solve this problem then i have no choice but to take a trip to japan and ask Akira Toriyama directly to the face about the actual DBU size.

The Queen Diclonius said:
Was Cell's SS-busting in the Daizenshuu? Will it be upgraded if we see them doing this in Super? Besides that, was Toriyama even involved in making the Daizenshuu? Like at all? Because there's a lot they got wrong from what I've heard.
1. I cannot remember. It might have been mentioned.

2. If we see far more galaxies in Super? Of course.

3. He was for parts, but he did not oversee the entire thing. Granted, Toriyama also has a tendency to forget his own work, but it still would have helped.

1. I should look into this.

2. I meant would Cell be upgraded? If they do shake the universe in Super? Because Cell's statement seems a lot more likely with that feat to back it up.

3. Then I don't see why it should be treated that way, but you know, whatever.

@Queen I don't think they would upgrade cell because no-one showed a feat similiar during the time period,like buu for example it will probably go along the lines of the roshi outlier.

also, they are a unknown ammount >Cell, but the difference is absurdly high

1. Mhm.

2. Possibly? We try to avoid backwards scaling, as it is usually very unreliable.

3. Because, as far as I know, Toriyama gave the ok on it being an official DBZ guide. However, since it wasn't written by him, it falls under secondary canon.

@LordAizenSama Actually, I've looked this up. In the original manga, Supreme Kai said Buu was destroying "stars and planets" I believe, which could easily mean solar systems.

@LordAizenSama BTW, how is Roshi destroying the moon an outlier? It happened, and Piccolo did it later. It's an outlier if it happens only once. This happened twice and they move from moon-busting to planet-busting.

because king piccolo who was supposed to be stronger could barely level a city iirc.

and piccolo didn't do that till early dbz i think was the other thing.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LordAizenSama said:
as i recall, toriyama forgot the different super saiyan forms :|
He forgot SSJ2 existed, and thought SSJ3 was SSJ2 for a while.
Was this in an interview in which this happenend? Did someone ask him about those forms and he just looked puzzled? Because I hear alot about this instance but I never knew how it happenend.

Also, I don't see how it's so unreasonable to say Cell could have destroyed the solar system when Frieza produces enough ki to form a giant supernova the size of Earth.

outliers are inconsistent, the reason why piccolos moonbuster isn't considered a outlier is because planet level destruction was hinted at during the arc.

also im pretty sure the reason the term outlier exists is because of the roshi moon busting in the first place lol

Micah007123 said:
Was this in an interview in which this happenend? Did someone ask him about those forms and he just looked puzzled? Because I hear alot about this instance but I never knew how it happenend.
Translated from a kanzenshuu interview with Toriyama.

Do you write down notes anywhere for that sort of background information?

No, I don't do that. That's why I keep on forgetting things. If I don't forget stuff, new ideas won't come to mind. For example, you know how there's "Super Saiyan 3?

Yes. Where the hair gets long.

I didn't know that. (laughs) The whole time, I thought that was "Super Saiyan 2;. (laughs)

Whaaa?!

And I drew that myself. (laughs) Anyhow, I thought "2 was the one with long hair. It was like, "Man, I've really forgotten stuff…".

The Queen Diclonius said:
I hope to see a wide range being affected tonight. Entire galaxies. That would definitely end this debate.
That picture ^ shows multiple galaxies

i'm not downplaying at all, you're disagreeing with the actual definition and meaning of outliers and inconsistencies, it sounds like you don't think the term outlier should exist at all.

If it happened in the manga, then it must be so? I guess goku can only life 40 tonnees at base in the buu arc.

You are denying that it happened. That's downplaying. The fact that Roshi destroyed the moon drives the plot of one of the fights in the 22nd tournament and it's a well-accepted part of the mythos. And as much as I loathe it, yes, that 40-ton lift is consistent in the manga. It's stupid, but it did happen.

I do. I mean, I think lifting strength is irrelevant in DBZ anyway. If it were relevant, to destroy a planet, you'd need to be able to lift sextillions of tons.

well if thats what you think there is no convincing you im afraid

also, im not explicitly against roshi being considered a moon buster either, but that is what it is ruled here, a outlier. and i can see why they would do that

And I still don't see how can it be an outlier when it's such a well-accepted part of the series and plays a very significant role in the plot, but whatever.

I mean, he is a moon buster because it HAPPENED. He destroyed the moon. In the manga. To me, that's not even a debate. It's fact.

well, technically roshi isnt a moon buster

but remember piccolo said that the z fighters can vastly amplyfy their power temporarily, however this massively effects tthem in a negative way

its the same situation when tien held back semi perfect cell- he amplififed his power, but the strain almost killed him

similarly dragon ball groshi on his own is a city- mountain buster, but he can amplify himself to moon buster DC, but this takes several seconds, and drains all of hia power, so if he misses, he cant fight back

so the moon busting was legit but it is not usefull in combat

on the other hand, in fnf, he cleared multi raditz or sub raditz level beings, so by now he shud be moon+ or higher

then again, roshi defeating the soldiers might be retconned in the fnf arc

roshi did destroy the moon, but that moon busting feat is useless in a fight due to charge time, the chance of missing, the huge strain, and being unable to fight after the blast

I actually think that's reasonable. In base, he's not a moon buster, but his powers charged up can surpass Piccolo.

Back