• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Speculation thread

I'm just going to quote this post from Herms, who is incredibly knowledgeable on Dragon Ball crap, on why this isn't all that clear cut.

"Quadrant" is 100% a Funi dub term. It's not used in the Japanese manga, anime, guides, etc. Instead, the closest is the use of "North Area", "South Area", etc in the manga when South Kaio shows up (it's literally just the English word "area"). Apart from that, in the manga we've just got Kaio introducing himself to the Great Elder as the "Kaio of the North Galaxy", where thanks to the magic of ambiguous Japanese phrasing this could arguably be translated as "North Galaxies" rather than a single North Galaxy.'The guides repeatedly say there are 4 galaxies, NSEW, except for that one Daizenshuu 7 passage that implies there are infinite galaxies (which would make splitting them up into four groups a tad pointless, but I digress).'All of this predates the introduction of the "12 universes" concept in BoG, so it only applies to how things are set up in Universe 7.

Here's another quote from Herms on guides and the size of the universe.

But again, the phrase in question is Kita no Ginga, which on its own could potentially mean "Northern Galaxies" as well as "Northern Galaxy". Same for Nishi no Ginga (Western Galaxy/Galaxies) and Higashi no Ginga (Eastern). Overall I think it makes the most sense to opt for "Northern Galaxy", since that's the Occam's Razor approach and there's plenty of guide material and whatnot specifying that there are four galaxies in all, but "Northern Galaxies" is still a potential way of translating it.

"Apart from that, in the manga we've just got Kaio introducing himself to the Great Elder as the "Kaio of the North Galaxy", where thanks to the magic of ambiguous Japanese phrasing this could arguably be translated as "North Galaxies" rather than a single North Galaxy.'The guides repeatedly say there are 4 galaxies, NSEW, except for that one Daizenshuu 7 passage that implies there are infinite galaxies"

For this matter, we should accept it as North Galaxies, just like they implied there're infinite galaxies in the passage after that, so to avoid contradictions "North Galaxies" should be the term here.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Except that it's apparently the only place it's mentioned, whereas other guides repeatedly state there are four.
isnt Daizenshuu the most reliable one?

What does the Chozenshuu say about the subject? I read somewhere that it was created to correct the errors that the Daizenshuu made, and so seems like it would be more reliable.

Also, can we make a new thread? This one has become so long that my computer has trouble loading it.

Unclechairman said:
What does the Chozenshuu say about the subject? I read somewhere that it was created to correct the errors that the Daizenshuu made, and so seems like it would be more reliable.
Also, can we make a new thread? This one has become so long that my computer has trouble loading it.
The Chozenshuus were made way too early and I'd rather wait for the next set of guidebooks

Isn't there a page system on wikia?

well...their final clash produced enough energy to completely engluf everything in a white light ..even the Kai realm which is..IDK how many lightyears apart

while this had happened in 12 it was on a much smaller scale with them just noticing a brightness in the distance.this time they were totally consumed by the ..uh..whiteness..

maybe this counts for something? idk...

Unclechairman said:
FanofRPGs said:
Unclechairman said:
Where is the English dub we were promised back in summer?
Who promised that?
I probably jumped the gun a bit there in saying we were supposed to get it back in summer. Funimation were supposedly in negotiations with Toei to receive the license to dub it back then, but it was only hinted in an interview with Justin Cook.
There's a good chance we might start hearing about it soon, though.
i know this has little to do with this but, you really should not use OTAKUKART as news source ,they have posted a lot of lies and unconfirmed rumors and labeled them as official

Alrighty

so it seems Beerus prevented the universe from being destroyed by nullifying the energy at the last moment using 100% of his power. (he then says goku would be no match for him if he used all his power)

soo..does this count as an universal feat? because we actually saw everything being englufed by the energy, including kaioh realm which is absurdly far...then beerus used 100% of his power to undo it.

Hiei312 said:
Alrighty

so it seems Beerus prevented the universe from being destroyed by nullifying the energy at the last moment using 100% of his power. (he then says goku would be no match for him if he used all his power)

soo..does this count as an universal feat? because we actually saw everything being englufed by the energy, including kaioh realm which is absurdly far...then beerus used 100% of his power to undo it.
Really

Dang Beerus is now officially 3-B

FanofRPGs said:
Hiei312 said:
Alrighty

Really
Dang Beerus is now officially 3-B
3-A , he has durability 3-A and Strike 3-A now.

Goku is 3-B

Told you guys Old Kai did state the Universe was in danger at 100% of Beerus' power and there it is everybody doubts the eccentric old man lol

RouninOtaku said:
Does DB still consist of 4 galaxies? Or was that disproven.
There is more stuff leaning to >4 galaxies in Dragon Ball Super. In episode 1 a quasar was seen in the background and I doubt a hyperactive ancient galaxy would be one of the four and in the manga there was a group of shapes that looked a lot like galaxies.

also, the 4 galaxy thing also says somethign along the lines of an infinite universe, but that wud mean that the galaxoies are ifnite as well, but since we can see a gaalxy occupy a finite volume in ep 1, the 4 galaxy thing becomes self-contradictory

i really dont know, maybe so

also, keep in mind that the AP chart has not been updated to accomodate 3-B

fora ll we know dbs might be solidly 3-A before we can get the 3-B AP chart

but for now, im not sure what model the wiki is using

I'd go with DB= Our universe since it would be pretty stupid to make a universe small in the first place. I don't know but has there been a manga/anime with a similar situation? with it being smaller than ours as in 4 galaxy small?

I thought there was no singular and plural for galaxy in japanese? Shouldn't DBZ universe be the same as ours? Despite what daizenshuu says, DBZ universe does appear a lot like our universe

I dont find daizenshuu trustworthy in the 4 galaxy thing. I suggest DBZ universe is kept the same as our universe until 4 galaxy is shown in the ANIME, not daizenshuu. Anime >>>>>> dainzeshuu in credibility

Back