• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Disscussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this and I had to show because I completely agree

The best definition of that potara retcon is probably 'jossed'. Which is, according to TV Tropes, "A fan gets Jossed when the elaborate Epileptic Trees or Fanfic that they've lovingly built upon canonical elements is abruptly disproved by further canon or Word of God."´╗┐

And what Masoko said everyone's favorite character got nerfed(technically he didnt but thats what people seem to think)

People need to stop applying multipliers for Dragon Ball because the series isn't that clinical with it's power levels. A new transformation, fusion or power-up will simply make the character as strong as he needs to be for the plot to advance. That's simply it.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Rant (the One Rant to Rule Them All)
Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Rant (the One Rant to Rule Them All)

This guy sums up perfectly why so many people hate this episode.

Not really the only thing I agree with is Trunks and Vegito randomly splitting up, other then that basic physics and rational thinking(no head conon required) solve like everything else.

RadicalMrR said:
Not really the only thing I agree with is Trunks and Vegito randomly splitting up, other then that basic physics and rational thinking(no head conon required) solve like everything else.
Really? So, what's the point in having kibitokai defuse, when it didn't contribute anything to the story at all because of the potara retcon?How was SSb Goku able to overpower Zamasu's blast wave, when Ssb Vegito was having a roughly equal fight with Zamasu? How did Zamasu survive a Final Kamehamaha from Ssb Vegito, but didn't survive a genki dama powered by 25 people and a worn out base goku and base vegeta? Why even use Ssb Vegito at all if you're just gonna dispose of him after 5 minutes anyway due to a bullshit weakness Gogeta already had? There's basically no difference between Vegito and Gogeta at this point.

I guess it's just Toei's sloppy writing.The Dragonball Z anime (keyword being anime) also had some really stupid plot holes, like saying Kid Buu is the strongest Buu.

FTW395 said:
RadicalMrR said:
Really? So, what's the point in having kibitokai defuse, when it didn't contribute anything to the story at all because of the potara retcon?How was SSb Goku able to overpower Zamasu's blast wave, when Ssb Vegito was having a roughly equal fight with Zamasu? How did Zamasu survive a Final Kamehamaha from Ssb Vegito, but didn't survive a genki dama powered by 25 people and a worn out base goku and base vegeta? Why even use Ssb Vegito at all if you're just gonna dispose of him after 5 minutes anyway due to a bullshit weakness Gogeta already had? There's basically no difference between Vegito and Gogeta at this point.
I guess it's just Toei's sloppy writing.The Dragonball Z anime (keyword being anime) also had some really stupid plot holes, like saying Kid Buu is the strongest Buu.
Well,last form was always strongest form,that's why they made Kid Buu strongest in anime.

Goku used a smaller blast through Zamasu's attack(not overpower it). To compare look at a car and a bullet, why can bullet go through a human while a car can't? Because the area of contact is way smaller. Another thing Goku broke his arms doing this meaning his power is even greater then his body and something no in the series has done to gain an edge. Also are forgetting Zamasu gets stronger the more he is hurt? Boom he get stronger after Goku beat him down with Kaioken.

Kibito defused. So what? "Well it doesn't mean anything"! Again so what, he did something pointless, if thats a con then jesus do I now of a lot of stuff that can be considered "Ark ruining".

"There is nothing different between Gogeta and Vegito". Yes an explanation that makes sense also affects the power, personality, canonicity and even longevity of Vegito. Its the audience's fault for thinking "Oh were gonna have 8 episodes of Vegito" when the episode titles alone should have told no that isn't the case.

Zeon has this nasty habit of making stuff that isn't bad, bad if he doesn't like 1 or 2 things. He also is a hypocrite he rates GT a 6/10 on the merits of the concepts alone but in this very video he said he liked the concepts in this ark so why does he hate this one but not GT? I have no problem with him its just that likes to overreact and exagerate things to his personal viewpoint, if you want evidence just look at how he reacts when he gets something wrong and is shown with irrefutable evidence that he is.

Like I said, I agree on the fact the Vegito defused way to early and Trunks ridiculous power but that is by no means "Ark ruining".

>Hail Zeon

>Being anything other than a Nostalgia-Goggled Hate Meme

... I'm going to be real here, Headcanon Multipliers are the worst thing in the Dragon Ball Fandom.

If the internet was a thing during the Dragon Ball Manga original run, thousands upon thousands would be infuriated at the Retcon of turning Goku from a Sun Wukong-expy into an Alien, or at the series' inexplicable shift from chinese folklore / magical adventures into Science Fiction.

When the Zenkai would be introduced, people would whine about why Goku never had Zenkais in all the times he got beat up as a child. When Goku's power level would go from 90,000 to 3,000,000 in one go, people would bitch about how absurd and illogical that is. And when the Super Saiyan form started becoming commonplace, people would whine about it too.

As much as I have been heavily enjoying this Future Trunks/Goku Black arc, one criticism I have for it is I believe it gives characters unnecessary nerfs for the sake of plot, even though there are other things they could've done without drastically weakening characters.

Now to be honest I do not care too much for feats, and I'm not complaining about the nerfs for the sake of "oh no now they're less OP" or "now they've got weaknesses X character I don't like could exploit in a VS match" and petty things like that. I just think they didn't need to make characters weaker for some plot points to keep going.

One example is the "If a Kaioshin dies so does the GoD" and "An angel becomes inactive if a GoD dies." I get there is supposed to be a thematic link between life and death here, but all around it's just silly that these Gods' lives are dependant on the survival of beings vastly inferior than them. And it causes some events in the past to become a lot weirder. (Like all the times Supreme Kai almost died in Buu Arc, why Beerus didn't die when Grand Supreme Kai did, why Beerus and Champa were so willing to destroy their universes if that would've killed the kais, etc.)

Why couldn't they have simply made the reason why the gods never stopped Zamasu be that they don't care? The entire reason Zamasu hated them so much was cause they never intervened mortals no matter how bad things got. So them never stopping him would both make sense and in a way prove his point somewhat.

Another example of unneeded nerfing is the now infamous 1 hour limit to Potara. The thing is that Goku and Vegeta didn't defuse due to the time limit, but cause they were too powerful and stuff. So why couldn't they have left out the 1 hour stuff and just stay with the too much energy one? They already had a reason for them to defuse so why would they introduce the time limit to nerf it even further for no reason?

Matthew Schroeder said:
If the internet was a thing during the Dragon Ball Manga original run, thousands upon thousands would be infuriated at the Retcon of turning Goku from a Sun Wukong-expy into an Alien, or at the series' inexplicable shift from chinese folklore / magical adventures into Science Fiction.
When the Zenkai would be introduced, people would whine about why Goku never had Zenkais in all the times he got beat up as a child. When Goku's power level would go from 90,000 to 3,000,000 in one go, people would bitch about how absurd and illogical that is. And when the Super Saiyan form started becoming commonplace, people would whine about it too.
exactly this,Z if full of plotholes and retcons

Ok guys Cal and I discussed it and we decided that were going to start deleting all the salt filled comments. This is not censorship we have an entire thread of just people arguing about this one episode(I included), this type of behavior is not healthy for our community so lets all try and move on.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The whole of DBZ was based on the fact that Goku wasn't actually a Sun-Wukong type of guy, but an alien from outer space. If Dragonball Super decides to put this potara retcon to good use by including Vegito (or a different potaro fusion) somewhere in the future then I will gladly shut up about this. The problem is that most stuff Super comes up with are just cop outs of inescapable situations the staff put themselves into. Like it being said that Whis, an angel, "dies out" after a GoD dies was a cop out because the staff at Super realized that Whis could've just helped Goku and Co. beat Zamasu, so they quickly made a workaround as to why he couldn't help them.

But yes I acknowledge the fact that Z is far from perfect itself, Goku receiving a way bigger zenkai boost than Vegeta. Vegeta who was still far weaker than Goku even though he trained in the HTC 2 times (the second time fully knowing how to train properly), while Goku only trained in the HTC once.

LuciferSPN said:
Exactly this, Z if full of plotholes and retcons
By rewatching some past episode, even in Dragon Ball there was an inconsistency when Goku was heavily injured by King Piccolo throwing rocks when he took a lot of projectiles (even in the head one arc before) and was fine.

There's a reason Frieza never went to that planet. There's only two people his father told him never to fight: Majin Buu. And Soba. Oh, and Lord Beerus or whatever.

Daishinkan might be in the Top 5 Strongest Warriors in the Multiverse, but Soba takes up all 4 top slots at once. ovo

The reason why Trunks is suddenly so powerful isn't because of plot but actually because this isn't Trunks rather Soba in disguise.

OVO

Ryukama said:
The reason why Trunks is suddenly so powerful isn't because of plot but actually because this isn't Trunks rather Soba in disguise.
OVO
In reality the only thing that fueled the Spirit Sword was Soba. Everything else was irrelevant.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
In reality the only thing that fueled the Spirit Sword was Soba. Everything else was irrelevant.
Soba built the Tori-Bot...

O V O

Nibbler3100 said:
what's next a wanked out profile of "Soba" on the other battle wiki lmao
The funniest part is that he's legitimately at least Star level due to being much stronger than Frieza and capable of evenly sparring with post-Namek SSJ Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back