• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordGriffin1000 said:
Cause at that moment he thought he would've been erased as well if Goku messed up.
I know. My point was even the angels seem somewhat scared of Zen'ō and his power. Because Dragon said everyone besides the angels are scared of him.

I've picked up some feats from these episode:

- Resistance to absolute zero for anyone above Saiyan Beyond God SS Vegeta;

- Resistance to poison that has to be physically applied through a new barrier technique for Goku and Vegeta;

- Remote Universe busting from Zen'o;

- Also from Zen'o, Perfect Targeting as he could erase everyone (and everything) from Universe 9 except and specifically the Angel;

- High Level spatial manipulation from the Grand Priest as he can manipulate the World of Void in such a way that only the participants aren't allowed to fly. Also, he made it so that every participant who falls off the stage is teleported to the seats near their Universe's Gods;

- Celestial Object Creation from the Grand Priest. He created the arena and therefore created that mini-sun that circles the stage.

A running tab should be kept for feats. It will be alot of work updating profiles once this arc is done for characters.

You know as a calc member, I should probably talk about this.

Resistance to absolute zero is not really that impressive, nor do I think it should be put as actual thing in his power and abilities section. He only got his arm frozen first of all and second you need about 9-B tier of energy in order to prevent a human sized body from succumbing to absolute zero

Not too mention all the new character profiles that will spawn from this arc that will be a part of those feats like Hyssop, the fighter who froze Vegeta's arm in the first place.

I already have somewhat of a list of tiers and stuff, but everyone who doesn't get wrekt in .5 seconds should have a profile.

Vegeta ain't getting resistance to Absolute Zero, since the attack in question showed no hint of actually being that cold. It only froze over the top of his hand, caused no pain or damage, and was shattered off by powering up.

Thebluedash said:
Resistance to absolute zero is not really that impressive, nor do I think it should be put as actual thing in his power and abilities section. He only got his arm frozen first of all and second you need about 9-B tier of energy in order to prevent a human sized body from succumbing to absolute zero
Then resistance to freezing should be removed from all pages, don't you think?

Thebluedash said:

He only got his arm frozen first of all and second you need about 9-B tier of energy in order to prevent a human sized body from succumbing to absolute zero
How was that calc'd?

@Assaltwaffle

Vegeta ain't getting resistance to Absolute Zero, since the attack in question showed no hint of actually being that cold

Universe 9 Supreme Kai literally stated that the attack was absolute zero, not showing hints of it is an irrelevent argument here.

It only froze over the top of his hand, caused no pain or damage, and was shattered off by powering up.

That doesn't prove the attack wasn't absloute zero, it just proves that Vegeta is indeed, reststent to it. That is all.

The real cal howard said:
Shock97 said:
A running tab should be kept for feats. It will be alot of work updating profiles once this arc is done for characters.
CP used to have one.
Huh, didn't know that. I used to keep a running hax list for Super before the Destroyers and Angels started pulling out decent abilities.

KoichiSamakibara said:
I've picked up some feats from these episode:

- High Level spatial manipulation from the Grand Priest as he can manipulate the World of Void in such a way that only the participants aren't allowed to fly. Also, he made it so that every participant who falls off the stage is teleported to the seats near their Universe's Gods;

- Celestial Object Creation from the Grand Priest. He created the arena and therefore created that mini-sun that circles the stage.
The first is just reality warping, he just created a stage that makes it so only the participants can't fly and feel the gravity of their home world.

The second, though we didn't see him create it I don't believe it was there before and I'm sure he can do it.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Well if you think about it look at Trunks's timeline. At lest 10+ years in the future and the universes are still there untouched by Zeno, hell Zeno didn't even know what was going on with Zamasu.
If Zeno was going to destroy the universes before he even meet Goku why where twelve universes in Trunks's timeline still there?. It's the same Zeno just the future version, so he should have the same thoughts about there being to many universes.
That's because what happens in a timeline does NOT affect what happpens in the other timeline even if it's a future of another timeline. Trunks clearly stated and realized in the android saga that, defeating androids and Cell would save present Goku's timeline but androids would still be there rampaging the earth in his timeline. Unlike many ficitional universes with time travel, you don't travel "inside" the same timeline but in another one. So if I use Bulma's time machine to kill my grand father before he gave birth to my father, I won't die because the two timelines aren't linked.

So events that occured in regular timeline that accelarated the destruction of several universes didn't occur in the other timeline (in fact before Goku came, Zen'ô even forgot about the tournament).

@Sidali I am pretty sure there was a thread on how a statement of absolute zero isn't enough in fiction, since some writers throw that around without knowing what it begins to entail. To quote our Absolute Zero page, "It is the ultimate form of freezing and in the theoretical situation that someone is exposed to it, their body will be frozen at the atomic level before collapsing under their own mass since the loss of energy causes the atoms to lose their cohesiveness."

As I said before, I believe that we must have some kind of actual statement of what it means to be absolute zero rather than the statement of simply being absolute zero if it doesn't show any behavior of being absolute zero.

Also @Thebluedash so a move that we treat as durability ignoring and nearly an insta-kill is actually a fodder feat? If a character is able to reduce the temperature to absolute zero merely having heat energy wouldn't be able to counter that... I feel like this is an example of prioritizing raw energy yield above all else. A hockey puck has half the joule yield of a 9mm pistol round, but it can't bore a hole through someone's head at supersonic speeds. Just because absolute zero would theoretically yield a certain amount of joules probably doesn't mean it would be resisted by the majority of characters.

Would you actually say the same thing to someone who has shown resistance to it? The attack was only used once, and on Vegeta. Just because Vegeta hasn't shown hints of the attack actually being Absolute Zero, like if his arm was still intact, doesn't mean it isn't absolute zeo. It's just, as I said, that Vegeta is resistant to the attack.

The ability user just so happened to fall upon someone who has resistance to it. Doesn't mean the attack isn't absolute zero. With that being said, U9 is gone now, so I don't think the ability will further be explained, or even addressed as something of importance in the later episodes. Even if the Universe is to be restroed in the future...

@Assaltwaffle Roh, the Kaioshin from Universe 9 stated that it was Absolute Zero. As a Kaioshin, he must at the very least know what absolute zero is because he is the God of that universe and must know how things work to make them function as he is the one who creates planets, stars and life. Though it's true that he does his job very poorly, we cannot underestimate his intelligence on this subject specially when he was counting on it. Because, you know, having a guy who has absolute zero freezing sounds rather useful in a tournament that decides the fate of your universe. It's a battle for survival, thare's no time for bluffs, you either are capable of doing it or not.

@LordGriffin

So, what you're saying is Vegeta resisting absolute zero is being rejected because there is no "evidence"?

Sidali891 said:
@LordGriffin

So, what you're saying is Vegeta resisting absolute zero is being rejected because there is no "evidence"?
It's not enough, we've been through this discussion and I'm going to tell you what they told me.

It didnt act like Absolute Zero, that same supreme Kai was boasting the hole tournament so his credibility is enough, Absolute Zero in this senario coul have just been use to say it's extramly cold.

This is all I could remember what they said to me.

@LordGriffin

I'm gonna be completely and 100% honest with you here, but this is legit bullshit.

If it truely was just an extremely cold attack, the then Rou would've simply said the guy (forgot his name) can simply control ice. Why would he bother saying "absolute zero" if it was just a normal "ice based attack"

And what's with this "it didn't act like absolute zero"? Why is this even an argument? are we forgetting that the reason why it didn't "act like absolute zero" is because it was used on someone with shown resistance to it?

Like if I stopped time, and the whole background doesn't become grey like stereotypical time stop ability, and is just showing people performing zero movement, then it isn't time stop?

Except he wasn't boasting. I don't know who planned their team attacks, but they did it so in a way that that guy specifically could use this attack, which is called "one-touch-ends-all". I don't know just how much the Dragon Ball Super writers know about Absolute Zero (probably as much as they know about space-time destruction), they could simply think that it freezes like normal ice moves, but are nearly impossible to escape just so that when Vegeta escapes out of it makes him look like a badass. So, it might fall under the "rule of cool" (no pun intended).

Another hint that it has to be AZ, is that Roh wasn't expecting it to fail. He legitimately thought it was enough for his fighters to win the tournament with that strategy (distract opponent, freeze opponent, attack opponent, throw him out, repeat).

If anything, it's just like Saint Seiya handled their absolute zero. The characters were simply frozen, lol.

EDIT: I just checked it. Most, if not all shonen series treated absolute zero as "absolute freezing".

That logic could be used for any character who resists ice called Absolute Zero (what I was told). Anyway can't you guys let this go until the tournament is over?. The staff a going to handle the revisions and this discussion will just go in circles with it leading to angry people.

I already admitted before I believe he did resist absolute zero but there is just not enough evidence.

That's the problem here, it isn't an attack name. The subs showed Rou saying the attack is absolute zero with no capitalization what so ever. I don't know where the heck the ones who told you this came up with this.

I'm gonna shut up now and wait until the arc is over as you suggested. But one thing for sure, if this is how things are done here, then I wouldn't trust the satff with these revisions...

This is my honest opinion.

@Azathoth

I already told them what you guys told me just didn't mention the page about absolute zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back