• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu

Tis going in the wrong direction

Talk about how Gohan looked at the age of 11

Ok then....why isnt Base Goku Low 2-C after ToP? it was stated in an interview by AKIRA HIMSELF that Vegeta is desperately trying to catch up AND in the LN it was said that SSJ Goku and Ikari Broly were comparable

BlackeJan said:
Ok then....why isnt Base Goku Low 2-C after ToP? it was stated in an interview by AKIRA HIMSELF that Vegeta is desperately trying to catch up AND in the LN it was said that SSJ Goku and Ikari Broly were comparable
I read a thread somewhere that concluded it's outliner/pis and that in no way is Vegeta that much weaker than Goku.

It wasn't Akira Toriyama, it was the director of the Broly movie. But ignoring that, he did say "Goku is pretty close to the level of the Gods." I think this is consistent with him and Frieza being able to take on a fatigued Jiren, who also used his Super Full Power during the fight, and beat him. He wasn't weakened that greatly after his fight with Ultra Instinct Goku, as it was a pretty quick fight with someone around the same level as him, which should put him above a heavily suppressed Jiren from 109/110, who scales above Infinite Zamasu.

Oh yeah. I just wished it was four days later. By birthday is May 13th, and Dragon Ball was the first anime I ever watched, as well as easily my most nostalgic show.

Although, while it used to be my first favorite, it did significantly drop down. I still like it, but it's probably not even in my top 10 favorite series, with all of the great ones I've seen and now love.

So there's a guy here saying that Beerus is baseline Low 2-C bcuz he fears a High 3-A feat. Thoughts?

Probably? Regardless, he's trying to use a Tier 3 feat to debunk above baseline Low 2-C but claims that he doesn't wish for Beerus to move below Low 2-C.

Edit: Nvm, he tried to argue for 3-A Beerus.

BlackeJan said:
Many Years in the future on Goku Day

Grandchild: *finds a book with the cover of a angry saiyan* "Grandpa, who's this?"

80 year old Me: *sheds a tear* Let me tell you grandson....of an amazing hero
He is no hero, tho.

He's the one who said it. During the ToP.

"Im no hero of justice, but if someone tries to harm my friemds, I will never forgive them!"

And proceed to beat the hell out of Jiren.

He is a hero, but also isn't. To simplify it as much as I can, he doesn't have the intentions to be a hero. But regardless, Goku has saved many people, sometimes simply because it was the right thing to do, although usually it's just a side-effect of his love for fighting, or helping his own friends and family. Goku doesn't view himself as a hero, he views himself as a martial artist. He's someone who trains, grows, tests his limits, rince and repeat. He's a thrill seeker, it's in his Saiyan blood. Testing his limits against strong opponents is basically his purpose. Making friends along the way, and helping people, was a side-effect of his Saiyan, and heroic nature. I think the most appropriate way to put it is that he is someone's hero (many people actually, but you get the point). And in any case, Goku is also someone who won't just stand by and let someone get hurt, if they're in trouble. Helping people because it's the right thing to do, is also the meaning of being a hero. But my earlier point still applies.

Well, Goku follows flat character arc unlike others protags. He never change but he influence others and change them. For e.g. piccolo, vegeta, etc

Thanos is 1-A at his peak, there's no reason to assume this isn't peak Thanos. 1-A cops. This scales to literally every human on the Marvel Earth, and we can scale every other character from there. Marvel is filled with 1-A's and even some 0's.

AKM sama said:
"I've never really been aware of saving it. I've just come this far wantin' to fight strong guys. This time's no different. But I can't stand innocent people and animals getting erased."
da goku also thinks about animals....he is one of the best heroes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back