• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kek no 2uper even in 2020.

I really wish Dragon Ball "in anime form at least" would just end after Toriayama retires tho.

ZERO7772 said:
Kek no 2uper even in 2020.
I really wish Dragon Ball "in anime form at least" would just end after Toriayama retires tho.
Otherway around for me, i want it to end in manga form after Toriyama retire and continue with anime and video games so Toyotaro's chance of ******* everything up get really diminished.

ZERO7772 said:
Why does so many people hate Toyotarou again?
He keep tracing panels from the original manga, his fight scenes look like screenshots of the fight rather than the actual fight, he try to use ******* fandom memes in the actual work (like Krillin being a coward that can do nothing but hides or die to the point that's even how Goku, the dude who see Krillin as his best friend no matter what, see him despite Goku always encouraging Krillin in OG DB and even DBZ), his characterisation sucks (Goku is a parody of his TFS self at times, with Toyotaro even having Goku and Roshi say he is a shit student who never learned what his masters tried to tell him, 18 has no personality at all beyond 'cold and wants money' gags and seem to hate her husband which is NOT how it's supposed to be, Vegeta being presented as a good dad) and he put way too much focus on Vegeta, especialy in the Moro arc where Goku has basicaly doine jackshit except being a cheerleader and went nowhere with his training while Vegeta is doing better than Goku ever did according to the Yardrat, he keep overusing the 'Buu is sleeping' shit, Krillin, Piccolo and Gohan basicaly showed up just to be useless etc.

There was also the whole TOP disaster, with none of the univers having a last stand, Kale just eliminating like 4 univers in 3 panels and Kefla vs Gohan being an offscreen fight that doesn't even make sense given that Kale alone took out most participant, which is clearly not shown to be something Gohan could have done and the whole UI Roshi shit, the same Roshi who in the previous arc couldn't even see Frost fighting because it was too fast but here he dodge Jiren like it's nothing.

And the list goes on and on.

Although Toei, Toyotaro and Toriyama are all guilty of bad writing with some of modern Dragon Ball's stories. I am quite worried about the future of Dragon Ball series

To be fair with Kale mass knock out, that's how it usually goes when fodder is against a God Tier in DB, it's weird Jiren didn't even try it.

Lollipop The King said:
So Vegeta is just supposed to be perpetually a shitty dad?
No but you're not supposed to portray it as if he always had been a good dad or doesn't have problems with even being around since he litteraly never does anything with Trunks and hadn't cared enough to hug before the Buu saga, which is barely 3 month before the start of super.

With Toyotaro we get Vegeta, the guy who left baby Trunks and Bulma to die without giving a shit calling Goku a bad father.

You are being too harsh on the man IMO.

Personally I think Toyotaro has been doing great job recently with the Moro arc

ZERO7772 said:
You are being too harsh on the man IMO.
Personally I think Toyotaro has been doing great job recently with the Moro arc
Personaly the Moro arc is the one i dislike most, except maybe the TOP, it's litteraly everything wrong with DB fanmanga but into an official DB product.

Weird. Majority of the fans has been praising the Moro arc recently but it seems you don't even want to give poor Toyotarou a chance.

ZERO7772 said:
Weird. Majority of the fans has been praising the Moro arc recently but it seems you don't even want to give poor Toyotarou a chance.
I gave him a chance until the TOP so no, i did give him a chance, not my fault if he ****** it up and keep ******* it up, especialy with all the tracing he does.

It's nonsensical for Yamcha and Chaotzu to be useful at all by this point, it reminds me of Toyo's garbage with Roshi dodging Jiren.

...So it makes more sense for the Galactic Patrol, an org who couldn't even deal with first form Freeza (whom Yamcha should be around Namek Saga first form Freeza AT LEAST), to have a bunch of criminals locked up that so surpass that level as to make Yamcha completely useless?

It actually makes less sense that any of them would be stronger than Yamcha. These guys are elite-level Freeza Force goons at best save for Seven-Three, and Yamcha has been >Ginyu-level as a lowball since the Android Saga

I fully agree with Dragomer, the Galatic Patrol Prisoner Saga was what totally destroyed my hopes in Toyotaro. Sure, his work on the Future Trunks and Universal Survival Sagas hadn't been stellar, but this saga is literally just a fanfic glorified to the level of official material.

Also, doesn't Super start 6 years after Majin Boo's defeat? Pan was 4 at the end of Z, and it's been 10 years between Majin Boo's defeat and that epilogue.

Ionliosite said:
I fully agree with Dragomer, the Galatic Patrol Prisoner Saga was what totally destroyed my hopes in Toyotaro. Sure, his work on the Future Trunks and Universal Survival Sagas hadn't been stellar, but this saga is literally just a fanfic glorified to the level of official material.

Also, doesn't Super start 6 years after Majin Boo's defeat? Pan was 4 at the end of Z, and it's been 10 years between Majin Boo's defeat and that epilogue.
I don't remember the full timeline but the narration at the start of DBS say it has been 3 or 6 month

Also the galactic patrol couldn't even deal with an adult saiyan according to Jaco.

Super already retconned the End of Z, I'm pretty sure they'll end it their own way now whenever they get to that point.

Remember, guys, Toriyama is writing the main story points of this stuff. He can change whatever he wants.

The Moro arc has pretty awful pacing and its villain, Moro, hasn't impressed me in the slightest thus far. His 'hax' is incredibly boring and offers nothing to the table. Merus is a character I just don't understand or like, being a 'trainee Angel' that just happened to be around to train Goku and is also magically a far more effective teacher than Whis ever was (seriously, Toyotaro ***** on Whis constantly. Vegeta dismisses him publically, Roshi teaches Goku to go UIS the first time and Merus, his baby brother, is who teaches Goku to go UIS at will). Merus seriously comes off as a Gary Stu at times.

He chose to generically rehash the Frieza saga by having Moro go to Namek and commit genocide (how many times has Namek been genocided in the franchise now?) just for his super special wish to be...releasing a bunch of fodders from prison (why couldn't he do that himself?) and then stupidly spares Goku and Vegeta multiple times.

The only new character that is even remotely interesting or cool is Seven-Three, due to his abilities. All of the other characters are painfully dull and, even then, all of them are based on another character that Toriyama designed...displaying zero creativity on Toyo's part.

Overall, the only parts I like would be Galactic Patrol, Spirit Control and the Gohan/Piccolo vs Seven-Three fight. Everything else is just inconsistent, bland or rehashed.

Manga-wise it roughly goes:

Black > Universe 6 > Beerus > Moro > Universe Survival

Whereas anime-wise I would rate it as:

Universe Survival > Black > Universe 6 > Beerus >> Frieza

I hope he manages to make up for my issues by the end of this arc, but this pacing is seriously horrendous.

Ionliosite said:
there's a 6 month timeskip to Satan giving Goku the 100M zeni after everyone had forgotten about Buu, and there is a 4 year timeskip after that, and Pan is in the whom during this, which aligns with her being 4 at EoZ, but she should be turning 5 pretty soon.

I am a 5. I am neutral. I got say though I expected better especially for the tournament of power where I think the anime was way better there.

I like Toyotaro. Only stupid idea of his was Dyspo and the Potara retcon, IMO. As for retconning the end of Z, Pan has been born far too early. She's going to be nearly 10 by the end of Z at this rate.

A Stoned Orc said:
I like Toyotaro. Only stupid idea of his was Dyspo and the Potara retcon, IMO.
As for retconning the end of Z, Pan has been born far too early. She's going to be nearly 10 by the end of Z at this rate.
no she wasnt. she is excactly at the time she was stated to be born before. the heck you even talking about?

Seeing as the anime isn't around the corner and maybe won't even adapt this arc, you guys want to create profiles for Merus and that copy villain?

Long ass comment ahead, but keep in mind that Toyotaro made me do it

What tier would Chou Gohan and Chou Piccolo be?

Gohan easily defeated Seven-Three before the latter used Moro's power. We know that Seven-Three (after absorbing Piccolo's power) had a slight edge over Piccolo, but what tier would Chou Piccolo be? He could harm Seven-Three too, which would mean that he and Gohan wouldn't be too far apart. After the two-month time skip, the situation changed a bit: Gohan and Piccolo got stronger, and they're both explicitly comparable to each other.

We know that Gohan was equal to Kefla in the ToP, but it's kinda hard to scale Kefla. Vados said that due to Caulibae and Kale being severely weakened when they merged, Kefla only had Kale's power and Caulifla's fighting skill, but it's hard to scale Kale to anyone. She stomped Freeza, but Freeza stated that if he fought her seriously, he would've been able to defeat her, so I guess this could make her somewhat comparable to SSJB Goku, but her getting stomped by base Goku level characters due to "lack of control" makes it even harder to measure, after all, why would Freeza need to go serious in his Golden Form to beat someone who got beaten by the people that failed miserable to beat base Goku? I might be crazy because I don't remember much of the manga, but I remember discussing this issue before

Do you guys remember some statements or feats that could put Piccolo in the 4-B area or comparisons between Gohan and Goku/Vegeta since Piccolo scales to Gohan?

Kale (and thus Kale) is undoubtedly into the 3-B, she almost knocked both Toppo and Freeza off, but her terrible skills as a Berserker made her power drop quickly (Toyo puts A LOT more of enphasis of technique and attacks, more than Toriyama ever did)

7-11 is a case of a glass cannon, but his hax allows him to copy power wiith the same AP, Already before he was wrecked by Gohan, but survived due to Moro's power (and now it seems 17 is going to end his career.

I'd say At Least High 4-C (could contend with Piccolo), 3-B by power copying

7-3 never fought using his power. Even back when he solo'ed Piccolo he did it after he stole his power and then he beat Gohan with Moro's power. #17 will likely put an end to him but we will see.

Can't they frankly let #18 and #17 take care of Moro? He's little trick doesn't work against them.

Moro basicaly sucked Goku and Vegeta dry multiple time, Moro should kill both of them with a slap if we are logical.

I mean, Moro sucked both Goku and Vegeta "this sounds wrong" in their first fight and Vegeta still said theu could wipe the floor with him one on one.

It's annoying how people are still in denial about the fact that Vegeta was and would have been a genocidial maniac even without Freezer and didn't give a shit about his father nor his planet.

You show them scans of Vegeta ignoring the call to go back to planete Vegeta and they still screech that Freezer spared him on purpose and was like his evil mentor or some shit when it's made clear Freezer didn't give a shit.

Dude that came out of no where. Did you come off from some hot debate or something?

Yeah, Vegeta is a maniac who didn't care about his race of even his freaking parent. Frieza had nothing to do with it he just used him a his loyal dog to do his dirty jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back