• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that the likes of Goku, Vegeta or really anybody should never reach the level of the Angels? The idea of there being a permanent hierarchy of Angels < Grand Priest < Zeno would be better than having Goku and Vegeta just reach every level of power there is, at least in my opinion.

No, let Goku and Vegetal surpass the Angels and then DBS will introduce Megaverses to counter.

LordTracer said:
Does anyone else think that the likes of Goku, Vegeta or really anybody should never reach the level of the Angels? The idea of there being a permanent hierarchy of Angels < Grand Priest < Zeno would be better than having Goku and Vegeta just reach every level of power there is, at least in my opinion.
No, the idea of PERMANENT superior in dragon ball doesn't appeal to me at all, it goes against the spirit of the franchise, long term superior, okay but permanent ones ? nope.

Going with the spirit of the franchise is what has made it so lack luster for me, personally.

Or more like, what does Goku do once he's the strongest? What's his life all about? With nothing to strive for, and I don't trust the writers to give some more prominence to other characters, I just don't see a satisfying "ending".

His goal is to become stronger, not to become the strongest. In this sense, I agree with the others that as long as Goku is the main protagonist, there will continue to be new levels of strength in DB that go past the cosmology/pantheon that we know now.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Going with the spirit of the franchise is what has made it so lack luster for me, personally.
Or more like, what does Goku do once he's the strongest? What's his life all about? With nothing to strive for, and I don't trust the writers to give some more prominence to other characters, I just don't see a satisfying "ending".
The message of the series is that there is always somebody stronger than you and that you must always work toward bettering yourself.

Goku has never, and will never be the strongest - every time he surpasses his zenith, a new challenge shall emerge.

ZERO7772 said:
Eh original manga ended with Goku being basically the strongest guy in the world 10 years later.
At that time, sure.

But the whole reason he wanted to train Uub was to make sure someone would protect the Earth after he was gone, to pass on his ideals of always trying to apporve himself. Worried that there could be a some future threat that could be beyond his ability to stop.

At that time, sure.

But the whole reason he wanted to train Uub was to make sure someone would protect the Earth after he was gone, to pass on his ideals of always trying to apporve himself. Worried that there could be a some future threat that could be beyond his ability to stop.

I mean yeah but Goku's story DID end with him being the strongest more than 20 years ago they simply stretched it with Super. I dunno if they will make him surpass the angles but the idea of "Goku being the strongest in the end" was already done.

Stronger foes are necessary for the series run not just for DB or Goku himself, this happens in any battle manga.

JoJo always tells a different story that's set years after the events of the previous arc, soooooooooooooooooo they don't need to get stronger

ChocomilkAlex said:
JoJo always tells a different story that's set years after the events of the previous arc, soooooooooooooooooo they don't need to get stronger
Technicaly, Joseph and Jotaro got surpassed in the following story, though you could make excuses.

I'm very busy in IRL...

I had time to spare and check this wiki and I found out this thread was closed.

How was it toxic or chaotic anyway? I am neutral to all of it. It seems to be that they close it because of personal reasoning (The opposing side had some users who could not take the heat or higher levels of Testosterone). I hate it when they all get together and talk in discord to push their agenda to close the thread and stop users from debating. Does not matter if it is or not going in circles. The thread could of had a better conclusion than this.

ProudLearner said:
I'm very busy in IRL...

How was it toxic or chaotic anyway? I am neutral to all of it. It seems to be that they close it because of personal reasoning (The opposing side had some users who could not take the heat or higher levels of Testosterone). I hate it when they all get together and talk in discord to push their agenda to close the thread and stop users from debating. Does not matter if it is or not going in circles. The thread could of had a better conclusion than this.
It was toxic because most people were disagreeing with them without following up on their staff pity party derailement and they were getting tired of the mental gymnastic they had to use to justify that the feat wouldn't destroy the space-time despite space time being the only it could happen because there is no spatial link between the kaioshin realm and everything else.

I mean, it was pretty obvious, Ant was even constantly throwing 'oh poor you' comment to other staff members because they were doing the basic thing required of them (if it's so hard and painfu to argue to justify why it's the way you say it is no matter what, why not act like actual staff members and just take care of running the site instead of regulating what argument are accepted or not ? And don't throw the 'volunteer' shit at me, being named mod or staff is a freaking reward, i'v moderated and been staffs on my fair share of sites and that was always how being PROMOTED to those positions were seens, which is why we call it 'promotion to mod / staff'.)

TLDR : It was toxic because toxic mean 'i don't like it' nowaday.

ProudLearner said:
I'm very busy in IRL...

The major problem is that Dragon Ball from time and time again has moved past infinte levels of tiering with simple 1x2 multipliers XD. everytime DragonBall gets an upgrade it causes massive opposition because by VS Battles' standards it shouldn't be possible for characters like Goku and Vegeta to ever contend with Infinite Zamasu but then here comes Jiren in his 3-D phyiscal body surpassing a 4-D entitiy LOL.

"why not act like actual staff members and just take care of running the site"

It's also their duty to close threads which have been debated to the point of exhausion previously. It is also the job of any member to dig up previous threads regarding the topic if all they are doing is bring up the same points.

AKM sama said:
"why not act like actual staff members and just take care of running the site"
It's also their duty to close threads which have been debated to the point of exhausion previously. It is also the job of any member to dig up previous threads regarding the topic if all they are doing is bring up the same points.
Which they didn't, here they closed the threads because some of them disagreed with the arguments but couldn't debunk it and it was already agreed by the staff members themself that the revision brough up new points so it wasn't that either.

And seriously the general organisation of this site is a mess, i mean this is the first site of this size i'v seen that doesn't seperate those with curating powers from those who have moderation powers from those who handle the site's working.

AwkguyDB said:
So........The Ultimate godslayer Hearts
Hearts actualy legit killed a god ? or it's just a title he boasted ? cause if he did, damn, he kinda lived up to the hype, given his fight with Goku being awesome and killing a GoD.

Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
Hearts actualy legit killed a god ? or it's just a title he boasted ? cause if he did, damn, he kinda lived up to the hype, given his fight with Goku being awesome and killing a GoD.
By the looks of it, he just killed Zamasu.

Dominodalek said:
Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
By the looks of it, he just killed Zamasu.
Oh.....Does it count as Immortality negation ? given that Zamasu litteraly came back from being erased by Zeno (who's erase is more powerfull than Beerus's hakai or destruction energy) ?

Also meh, Zamasu was fodderized too much by litteraly everyone for it to be hype.

Dragomer said:
Oh.....Does it count as Immortality Negation ? given that Zamasu litteraly came back from being erased by Zeno (who's erase is more powerfull than Beerus's hakai or destruction energy) ?

Also meh, Zamasu was fodderized too much by litteraly everyone for it to be hype.
Nah it seems like Transmutation

I think that Hearts looked way too cocky. Don't think that this is the end for Zamasu. The guy survived Zeno erasure.

Didn't like Hearts design though... Reharsh of Omega in some parts...

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
I think that Hearts looked way too cocky. Don't think that this is the end for Zamasu. The guy survived Zeno erasure.
Didn't like Hearts design though... Reharsh of Omega in some parts...
I actually thought his design looked cool ngl
7OlS6Xsq3aAML6cbLthoOuJMXh2ysvG-6lDchReWqhU
"I wish to destroy the 2-B tier."

. This may be a step above Zeno erasure though literally crushed the man, soul and all lol. Plus he does now have the Universal Seed which is suppose to be weapon powerful enough to compete with Zeno and Grand Priest. Speaking of the latter, the man actually was concerned about Zamasu's demise.

It was toxic because most people were disagreeing with them without following up on their staff pity party derailement and they were getting tired of the mental gymnastic they had to use to justify that the feat wouldn't destroy the space-time despite space time being the only it could happen because there is no spatial link between the kaioshin realm and everything else.

I mean, it was pretty obvious, Ant was even constantly throwing 'oh poor you' comment to other staff members because they were doing the basic thing required of them (if it's so hard and painfu to argue to justify why it's the way you say it is no matter what, why not act like actual staff members and just take care of running the site instead of regulating what argument are accepted or not ? And don't throw the 'volunteer' shit at me, being named mod or staff is a freaking reward, i'v moderated and been staffs on my fair share of sites and that was always how being PROMOTED to those positions were seens, which is why we call it 'promotion to mod / staff'.)

TLDR : It was toxic because toxic mean 'i don't like it' nowaday.

Seems like this site can't be consistent nowadays The evidence in the thread seems justifiable

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
No he didn't. Fu resurrected him and gave him power according to the game which is the actual canon of Heroes. Zamasu survived Zeno's erasure in Xenoverse though.

No he didn't. Fu resurrected him and gave him power according to the game which is the actual canon of Heroes. Zamasu survived Zeno's erasure in Xenoverse though.

Anime/Game/Manga don't follow the exact same story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back