• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's growth as in "how strong the base forms get" since at the end of the day they're still multiplers

By artificial raising your power I mean using am enhanced SS to bypass their dimishing gains, since they weren't getting much stronger in base

Mastering SS removed the ceiling and allowed Goku and Gohan to make explosive gains in base form which in turn made their SS form stronger

I'm not sure if I making sense, sorry

Speaking of scaling chains is there a link to Goku's progress during the ToP. Trying to figure out how strong Goku got after his first encounter with Jiren.

About the SS transformations:

The reason why SS Grade 4 is so much better, AFAIK, is due to how it operates. Grades 4 is achieved by reducing the adverse effects of the SS transformation through conditioning. The SS transformations take energy to transform and then more energy to maintain. Grade 4 is all about reducing those energy costs. With all that energy freed up to be used, the user of the transformation is not only more powerful but more efficient, meaning they will last longer in a fight.

I know this thread seems to focus on power scaling, but would anyone else like to see Toriyama and co. do more with the alternate universes and existing material instead of making new bland villains (Let's be real, Jiren and Zamasu were shit compared to Cell and Kid Buu)

Zamasu Chan said:
@Cryo who do you think has more raw power, half power ssj2 Gohan or grade 3 Trunks?
50% SS2 Gohan overpowered Super Perfect Cell (albeit with Vegeta distracting him) in a Super Kamehameha Clash. The difference between Super Perfect and Perfect is implausible to quantify but it's clearly a pretty huge gap, enough that Cell went from being stomped by 100% SS2 Gohan to equalising 50% SS2 Gohan.

Trunks to compare is stated to surpass Perfect Cell who SS2 Gohan curbstomps and defeated a far more powerful version of. Logically speaking the scaling should go:

100% SS2 Gohan >> 50% SS2 Gohan = S-Perfect Cell >> Ultra Trunks > Perfect Cell >> MSS Gohan >> MSS Goku >> Ascended Vegeta = Ascended Trunks >> Semi-Perfect Cell >> Imperfect Cell = Android 16 >> 17 = Piccolo > 18 >> 20 > 19

Well, Grade 3 is also definitely not 2x and I have my reservations over Grade 2 being 2x. Like I've said before I think the gap between SS3 and SS2 may, in-fact, be smaller than the gap between SS2 and SS. Trunks in the manga even masters SS2 to the point that he can enhance it to match an SS3 multiplier, something no SS has done with SS2. Vegeta also surpassed SS3 in just SS2 via rage boosting.

Grade 1 = 50x

Grade 2 = 100x (at least)

Grade 4 = 200x (If 50% MSS Goku > Ascended Vegeta and it's assumed to be due to the power of the mastered state and not other training increasing power)

Grade 3 = At least 400x (Far more powerful than MSS Goku and Gohan)

Grade 5 = At least 800x (Vastly surpasses Ultra Trunks. Assumes the power of MSS Goku and Gohan scales from mastering Super Saiyan's power and not their base forms being vastly more powerful than Vegeta and Trunks)

If we go with the idea that transforming into Super Saiyan drains a lot of energy I think the rationale of...say...

Grade 1 = 5x (10% of SS)

Grade 2 = 25x (50% of SS)

Grade 3 = 100x (200% of SS)

Grade 4 = 50x (100% of SS)

Grade 5 = 200x (400% of SS)

could work. This would be based on the premise that Super Saiyan functions very similarly to Blue in the sense that transforming drains a lot of energy and locks most of the potential of the form.

I'm not discussing legitimacy of multipliers on the wiki, personally. I am just toying around with the inconsistencies of multipliers in the Daizenshuu and discussing what the gaps between levels would actually be.

I was about to disagree with you saying that the reason SSJ2 Trunks = SSJ3 Goku was because of him mastering SSJ2 since if you have a higher base then a multiplier would bring you higher, but then I realized that would mean base Trunks > base Goku.

I am pretty sure Cell was supressed when he was fighting USSJ Trunks so USSJ Trunks is only stronger than Supressed Perfect Cell

2 times could make a huge difference if the power level is high like 50 billion or 100 billion

Besides SSJ2 Gohan needed Vegefa distraction and Goku help to beat Super Perfect Cell so I think he is more than 50% of SSJ2 Gohan

Sorry I can't unlock on mobile. You can ask some of the active admins right now though.

I know it's kind of risky, but I think an arc away from u7 and their shenanigans would be cool. One that shows the life that people in other universes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back