• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparable to Beerus seems a touch too much, especially with Zamasu's level even being a genius above any of his race or something like that.

But hey, Tournament of Power is a thing so destroying the universe is obviously not a big deal anymore.

Ehh at this point it's 50/50. Some can be used if they are consistent with what happened in the actual story. But others like this one yeah just ignore it.

I know many people doesn't think of this, but how tall are the fusions? I would assume Gogeta/Vegito are taller than Vegeta but shorter than Goku, so maybe something like 170cm?

Huh. Demon God Towa is capable of One Shotting Base Xeno Goku and Demigra has a new form and is about to fight Mechikabura.

Are spoilers allowed in this thread? Who do you think is stronger between Broly and Jiren?

Kowt said:
Are spoilers allowed in this thread? Who do you think is stronger between Broly and Jiren?
Broly for being better developed than Jiren and not having a bad background story

Jiren had a pretty bad backstory for a character this huge. Also the key to his strength was never explored. Hope he makes a comeback in the future. I preferred Goku vs Jiren over Gogeta vs Broly in general (not animation wise but being more emotionally appealing)

Well obviously, Gogeta vs Broly is meant to be an epic climax of a movie, so there would be awesome fights scenes and visuals. Goku vs Jiren was hyped since the first episode the Limit Break x Survivor intro appeared so it should by DEFAULT be more emotionally appealing.

I personally think there is a fair comparison between Broly vs Gogeta and the first UI Omen Goku vs Jiren fights.

Dragomer said:
Apparently, Bardock's attack actualy slowed down Freezer's attack for a bit in the movie, which is pretty much way above what any other saiyan could be expected to do IMO.
Bardock was a beast

Minghaoly god said:
Does anyone know the next manga chapter coming out?
It will be a special promo with the exclusive edition for FF VII remake.

HrishikeshM said:
what about japan? did it surpass bog and rof?
We don't have official confirmation yet but it has surpassed BoG according to estimates. It should surpass RoF by next weekend imo.

As of Jan 6, which is its 4th weekend, with 2.6 million tickets sold, Broly has grossed ¥3.35 billion which is just 400 million yen behind RoF's total gross in Japanese Yen. Expect it to surpass RoF in between its 5th and 6th weekend. But when converted to USD at that time, RoF's gross is almost the same as Broly's at this time.

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/1082206945388294144

How can RoF be the most successful DB movie despite being literal trash? This movie has: Broly, Gogeta, Baradock and best animation in DB history yet it's struggling to break Rof Record

ZERO7772 said:
How can RoF be the most successful DB movie despite being literal trash? This movie has: Broly, Gogeta, Baradock and best animation in DB history yet it's struggling to break Rof Record
Because DBS Broly has less screen, is more targeted toward the west and it's not struggling, it's pretty much doing somewhat better in all area and is number 1 in japan currently, that's already more than you can expect when you're going against Freezer who is like Joker / Wolverine level of rentability in Japan.

Toei should have treated DBS Broly as a proper blockbuster rather than some events.

I guess he's afraid that if the movie doesn't make enough money Super doesn't come back which is stupid since DB makes WAY more money through merch, Movie revenue would look like pocket change to that amount of market share

I'd bet the life of my first born child that they are going to continue Dragon Ball and suck every single cent dry from Akira Toriyama's good name.

The movie's success is really irrelevant.

LightinAnt said:
I guess he's afraid that if the movie doesn't make enough money Super doesn't come back which is stupid since DB makes WAY more money through merch, Movie revenue would look like pocket change to that amount of market share
The manga is ongoing so there is a high chance that the anime will come back.

Warren Valion said:
The movie's success is really irrelevant.
Yup it could bomb or barely make back its money, but DB would still go on because its currently peaking in popularity and money

@Pachi2

I think it will definitely come back, ignoring people who already reported working on a next series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back