• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hg-tournament-of-power-climax-saga-dragon-ball-super-bandai-limited
I Just realized something.
This was recently promoted as "Tournament of Power Climax"

Climax means turning point.

Hit just recently got out.

We are 99% certain that the new warrior is the fusion between Kale and Califula.

The fusion should get out within the next 3 episodes due to the amount of screentime the two girls are getting within that timeframe.

That means....

That Gohan should be getting out soon!

I can't believe I just thought of this...

The new super warrior is supposed to be the fusion of Caulifla and Kale, Kalifla. I can't see either of them obtaining SSJ3 alone but if they fuse they can pull a Gotenks (Even though SSJ3 is inferior to Berserker Mode that would probably just account into her base form)

I just rememebered something... If Angels are always with their Gods of Destrucion than how come Marcarita knows almost nothing about Jiren, while Belmod talks about him as if they knew each other for who knows how long.

Because Belmod is jiren's bitch and must hype him up, meanwhile angles don't give shit because they are not threate

Just read the last manga chapter.

I liked it more than the anime approach because:

1) The GoDs fought and showed their abilities.

2) Toppo isnt your justice madman.

About the Toppo vs Goku fight: its perfectly correct scaling wise. Toppo is ssj blue level, so its normal for him to stomp anything below ssg.

PaChi2 said:
Just read the last manga chapter.
I liked it more than the anime approach because:

1) The GoDs fought and showed their abilities.

2) Toppo isnt your justice madman.

About the Toppo vs Goku fight: its perfectly correct scaling wise. Toppo is ssj blue level, so its normal for him to stomp anything below ssg.
Toppo's scaling is fine in the anime, he's confirmed to be just as strong as Goku before UI.

Goku even admits he wasn't sure he could be Toppo so... how is the scaling messed up? Not only that but Toppo hasn't fought anyone yet in the tournament for real besides Vegeta.

Also Toppo is just as Justice crazy it's just in this version he never finds out Goku suggested the tournament that's all.

I actually fine the anime version better but I can't deny the manga was really good but that's because their's no story elements which usually sucks real bad in the manga.

Also I don't care for GoD fighting or anyone fighting as long as it's a good fight.

The GoD's fight in the manga was really good IMHO. It also gave a good reason as to why the GoDs are not allowed in the tournament. We got to see some cool techniques and it helped give some more differences between the Gods.

As for the anime, I'm just waiting for Jiren to finally notice Ribrianne so he can get rid of her:

Ribrianne: Love, love, love, love...!

Jiren: (Still meditating) ...

R: Love, love, love...!

J: (Eyebrow twitches slighty) ...

R: L-word, L-word...!

J: (Twitches increase) ...

R: LOVE! NOTICE ME JIREN!

J: (Twitching stops. Cracks an eye open and looks at Sailor Moon wannabe) ...Get Lost...

(Shockwave sends Ribrianne flying off the ring)

J:...Who was that again?? (Shrugs shoulders and goes back to meditating)

@Ponciana did I say anything about a messed up scaling? what.

I just said that Toppo vs Goku in the manga made sense.

What are you guys expecting of characters such as A18 and Piccolo? Do you think they will have their time to shine or will they get the Tien treatment?

I think they need to eliminate more U7 warriors now. There is no sense of tension when our universe is winning in terms of numbers.

I think they should give Lazuli and Piccolo an episode each to shine and eliminate them soon.

Then I think Lapis should go. After that it would be kinda hard to decide between Gohan, Lord Freezer and Vegetable sama.

Even though Freeza has been enjoyable so far with his shenanigans, I dont really get his purpose in the tournament. He goes around kicking the weaker warriors and even though he is supposed to be a top dog, he never goes on to have such an impact as Goku and Hit have. Well, had.

I honestly see Vegeta getting a bit of shine in the next episodes and not being eliminated and if Freeza isnt going anywhere, I wish they do something nice with him other than "he is a bad guy, he tortures the weak and runs from the strong".

According to spoilers Kale and Caulifla will both easily become SS3 and probably fuse.

Also: I can easily see Gohan being a contender for tournament finalist. Considering how much he was hyped up during pretournament, the previous ending and everything along with it, I predict that the final enemy (probably Jiren) shall be faced by Gohan and Goku as a tag.

Kale and Caulifla are seriously getting to Ribrianne levels of annoying after rewatching their episodes and please, let Goku be smarter with his goddamn wish. Vegeta did tell what he wished to Goku if he won the tournament, if Goku wishes something "For one of his sons, for ChiChi or for a strong warrior", we can seriously contemplate the future of DB Super being shit.

You know @Anderson running from the strong is the right thing to do if you want to survive, right? Frieza is being sensible, so you should give him some credit for that. Because everyone wanting to fight Jiren is the dumbest thing ever.

I hope he will care about the other universes and wish them back, but Super tends to make surprises.....

PaChi, running from Jiren is SMART. Running from strong enemies Freeza could face and eliminate and be USEFUL is not. Freeza has not fought a single contender for winner of the ToP since it began. Dyspo was beaten twice and was probably quite weakened yet Freeza did nothing. Toppo waited around for the whole tournament and now he is fighting Vegeta. He didnt even face Ribrianne, who has fought TONS of fighters since her first appearance.

Freeza did nothing. He only beat the Yardrat, backstabbed Frost and got random weaklings out.

"Running from strong enemies Freeza could face and eliminate and be USEFUL is not."

Face Toppo, get weakened anf get pushed out by another one is how you see it? Instead of wait until the rest are tired out and drop them when they are weak? And friendly reminder, Dyspo had been close to jiren and Toppo the whole time. You fail to see that wasting energy means losing.

To be honest, maybe I'm just used to asspull transformations in Dragon Ball period, however I really don't care about Caulifla and Kale getting SSJ3, assuming they do get it. I don't get annoyed by asspulls anymore. Poor writing? Yes. Does it really matter to me? Not really. If I can put up with Fairy Tail, I can tolerate this. I like Caulifla and Kale as characters. I don't let whatever PIS, Asspulls or other crap get in the way of that. I'm just not that type of viewer. I care about the character, for the character, not the asspulls. Odd standards I know. But that's what makes the world go 'round right? ovo

The real cal howard said:
I wonder how the ToP would be like if Goku, Vegeta, and/or Gohan still had access to the Oozaru, or better yet, in similar vein to GT, it would be Blue Oozaru or Mystic Oozaru
No one acknowledged my post ;_;

On a side and more topical note, I'm more curious on what one, SSJ3 Fem-Saiyans will look like, two, what the fusion will look like, and three, if it has access to Broly Mode as I am questioning asspulls. I'm so proud of myself for not being old!Cal.

Aceraspire said:
It's stupid that those two will get SSJ3,i always thought how SSJ3 will be GOku only
Like, gotenks learnt it on the spot. Lol. Stupid...?

I think when Caulifla says: become SSJ3 with me! I think she's just referring to the fusion being able to go SSJ3

I don't see why they'd fuse if both get SSJ3 separately they'd rekt Goku the way he is now

Darkmon cns said:
Being consistent with pre existenceing lore is not an assault.
I don't know what this assault is, but it sounds like an asspull. ovo

Also, the "ovo" means I'm joking...

PaChi2 said:
Aceraspire said:
It's stupid that those two will get SSJ3,i always thought how SSJ3 will be GOku only
Like, gotenks learnt it on the spot. Lol. Stupid...?
I have nothing agaist Kale & Caulifla fusion going SSJ3 like gotenks did.But i'd hate it if they go SSJ3 individual

Plot twist: Goku gets eliminated next episode and it's upto Vegeta, Frieza, Gohan and 17 to lead U7 to victory through teamwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back