• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit The Badass said:
So Hit was eliminated just for more saiyan circle jerking?
Typical Toriyama. Smh.
Well, when it comes to writing it's brilliant as it puts U6 into a bad situation. It will eventually force them to work with U7 to survive for a bit. While from a fanboy point of view I'm upset, but from a writing point of view I like it. It puts pressure on U6. Something they didn't have with Hit around. We just knew U6 was gonna be fine since we had someone who was equal to Goku (Before UI) and so they were in the clear. However, they've not only lost Hit, but now Cabba. Now they only have 2 Namekians and 2 Saiyans.

Tbh if they had to put pressure on someone it should have been U7 by eliminating Goku, Vegeta, 17 and 18. Not only we would have Gohan and Freeza with pressure even more on U7 as Frieza is above Gohan's level and have many hidden agendas. That would have been brilliant writing but then again it's one's own fault to expect brilliant writing fr. Db franchise.

I disagree. The pressure being on U6 is actually a good move. It would actually be terrible writing to knock Goku out as well as the others. We have connections to U6 and seeing them go is actually a big deal. As such putting pressure on U6 is a very good move in this case. Hit fan or not, this is a good move. This also promotes U7 helping U6.

Knocking Goku out would be good writing for sure and let someone else(Vegeta or Frieza) deal with Jiren.

Blanked said:
Knocking Goku out would be good writing for sure and let someone else(Vegeta or Frieza) deal with Jiren.
No it wouldn't. Why would knocking Goku out, who just obtained Ultra Instinct, i.e the only thing that can match Jiren be good writing? Frieza stands no chance and neither does Vegeta. Frieza even states that he doesn't want to fight Jiren. Only one who does is Vegeta, and it's well, Vegeta.

Giving Vegeta a power up as well? I mean if we can asspul things for Goku we can for Vegeta as well, thou considering Vegeta trains much more than Goku does it would not even be that weird.

Blanked said:
Giving Vegeta a power up as well? I mean if we can asspul things for Goku we can for Vegeta as well, thou considering Vegeta trains much more than Goku does it would not even be that weird.
>Asspull

>Gives a reasonable explanation to why the form was reached.

Vegeta doesn't have a spirit Bomb to help him out here.

Giving a shitty explanation in worse than an asspul.

Like why is Goku the only one that absorbs the spirit bomb?

And that even greater potential is iffy, but it's kinda a dragonball thing so i guess it's good enough.

How is it shitty? Because you don't like it?

Because unlike the other opponents, he has God Ki. And much stronger than the other. It would be more sensible for him to absorb it that Frieza of Buu. The same would likely happen to Vegeta if that happened.

Being stronger doesn't mean you can absorb things what kind of a bs reasoning is that?

Also, by that logic this spirit bomb was much stronger as well.

Did you just ignore what I said about God Ki? You focused on one part and called it BS reasoning and just ignored the first sentence. And the last.

Not a single scrap of God Ki however.

Even then, at the end of the day, this matters not to whether knocking Goku out is good writing or not. The simple fact that it's not.

Blanked said:
Yes, because God ki allows you to absorb things... Just forget it.
I never said it did. I said that is a good enough reason to why he could absorb it. He's much more likely to absorb it. They gave a reason, whether you accept it or not is up to you.

Blanked said:
For you it's not, while for me it is.
You have not given any reasons to why it is other than "Asspull power-ups" and "Let Vegeta and Frieza handle it" when in the scope of the current events, that would not make sense.

The main point is "current".

And my second comment said that bad reasoning is worse than an asspul.

Also the fact Goku absorbed an attack without a reason is asspul worthy.

You saying "God ki" is the reason is just an assumption and for so invalid.

Major plot hole or smaller plot hole is still a plot hole.

Thou, I will end here this discussion.

Again, that would not make sense considering the simple fact that as of now Goku just reached UI and is the only one who can fight Jiren. And going by the logic of UI Goku being an asspull. Would giving Vegeta an asspull power up now be even worse writing? You are contradicting yourselves. They want the pressure to be on U6. How to do that? Knockout the strongest fighter there.

I don't care what happens, I just want them to blow their wad completely at this point. Ultra Instinct Vegetto? Do it. Dyspo, Toppo and Jiren fusion? Do it. Caulifla and Kale fusion? Do it. Fuse those robots and the Namekians too, while you're at it. Also have the bugs be revealed to be ANOTHER set of warriors stronger than the gods. Then have Vegetto and Jiren-fusion absorb the power of the angels and have Zen'o be possessed by Zamasu and have Freeza actually win the tournament and become the new Omni-King, making Goku his Grand Priest. Then have Zalama get involved and have Zalama get passed by Zamasu-Zen'o and have everyone in the DBS multiverse including Janemba from Shin Budokai and Demigra and Mira and the Future Warriors get involved. Just seriously do it, Toei. I know you're reading this.

Vegeta trained in the time chamber. Remember how he kicked Black Goku's ass even thou he was previously stomped after training in the chamber. He did the same before the tournament so him achieving a new form there and simply hiding it just like Goku hid ss3 would be perfect.

"And my second comment said that bad reasoning is worse than an asspul."

You never gave reasoning. I disagree. An explanation or even an attempt is better than an asspull.

"You saying "God ki" is the reason is just an assumption and for so invalid."

It was a possible reason. If anything, it's your assumption that those before Goku could absorb said spirit bomb. The fact that there are possible reasons to why it happened leave this open ended. As such is valid.

"Major plot hole or smaller plot hole is still a plot hole."

Define Plot Hole. You mean having Goku absorb it? Let's also note that those he used it against were evil at the time. That is also a possible reason

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Again, that would not make sense considering the simple fact that as of now Goku just reached UI and is the only one who can fight Jiren. And going by the logic of UI Goku being an asspull. Would giving Vegeta an asspull power up now be even worse writing? You are contradicting yourselves. They want the pressure to be on U6. How to do that? Knockout the strongest fighter there.
Either way bro its still pretty lazy writing. I'm db fan as well and even I can see its flaws and bad writing.

Blanked said:
Vegeta trained in the time chamber. Remember how he kicked Black Goku's ass even thou he was previously stomped after training in the chamber. He did the same before the tournament so him achieving a new form there and simply hiding it just like Goku hid ss3 would be perfect.
If he had Ultra Instinct then why was he surprised when Goku used. Vegeta clearly didn't know what it was. Matter of fact his was surprised by it.

Derpmaster9000 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Either way bro its still pretty lazy writing. I'm db fan as well and even I can see its flaws and bad writing.
How would it be lazy writing to not knockout Goku and instead of focusing of U6 and knocking out Hit? What are you even talking about write now? You being a DB fan means nothing. I never said it was flawless, but tell me why it's flawed to keep Goku in right now.

Who said it has to be UI. Having a new form possibly a reference to ss3 since Vegeta never achieved it would be great. Or maybe something like true super saiyan form like he mentioned when he first saw Kale go berserker.

Blanked said:
Who said it has to be UI. Having a knew form possibly a reference to ss3 since Vegeta never achieved it would be great. Or maybe something like true super saiyan form like he mentioned when he first saw Kale go berserker.
What? And what form would that be? That would be more out of the blue then the UI going by your logic. Ultra Instinct Goku at least was foreshadowed long ago in Super by Whis.

Vegeta was still shocked and surprised by Kale's Tranformation as he didn't know what it was.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Derpmaster9000 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
How would it be lazy writing to not knockout Goku and instead of focusing of U6 and knocking out Hit? What are you even talking about write now? You being a DB fan means nothing. I never said it was flawless, but tell me why it's flawed to keep Goku in right now.
Not talking about goku bro although I do have my gripes with how he achieved the form. What I'm talking about is the elimination of hit because with him out its a forgone conclusion that universe 6 is screwed while if they had had him remain in the tournament after losing to jiren and just come up with an excuse as to why jiren did not eliminate him and just have him so damaged that he won't be useful until the last bit of the tournament where they could have used him for something interesting. This not only would allow you to save hit for later but also at the same time keep the storyline of universe 6 is in serious trouble going on with everyone going after them since their top player is down for the count for awhile. His elimination was wasted potential as to what they could have done to spice up the final battles of the tournament just a little bit more and keep up the wonder as to who is going to win the tournament between universe 6, 7, 11 since you know he would have played a role near the end but nope now its either universe 7 or 11 that wins which if you like that outcome then more power to you. To me though thats just way too predictable.

"What I'm talking about is the elimination of hit because with him out its a forgone conclusion that universe 6 is screwed"

That's the point. I don't see how that's lazy or bad writing at all. It brings tension to not only U6, but us as viewers as out of all the non-U7 universes we are most connected to U6.

"while if they had had him remain in the tournament after losing to jiren and just come up with an excuse as to why jiren did not eliminate him and just have him so damaged that he won't be useful until the last bit of the tournament where they could have used him for something interesting."

That would have been nice and all. However, that's just something you want to happen. That does not make Hit's sacrifice bad writing. It is actually pretty good writing as it puts U6 in a tough spot. Forcing everyone else to step up like Cabba did and now the last 4 will have to do.

"This not only would allow you to save hit for later but also at the same time keep the storyline of universe 6 is in serious trouble going on with everyone going after them since their top player is down for the count for awhile."

Again, that would have been nice and I would have preferred that. However that does not mean the actual conclusion was bad writing. This was just the option out of two they decided to do. The effects of Hit being eliminated are great, only increased by Cabba's elimination. It's a sense of tension for u6. This tension is even stronger than what it would have been as now they have no way of getting Hit back, so they have to deal with the 4 they have.

"His elimination was wasted potential as to what they could have done to spice up the final battles of the tournament just a little bit more and keep up the wonder as to who is going to win the tournament between universe 6, 7, 11 since you know he would have played a role near the end but nope now its either universe 7 or 11 that wins which if you like that outcome then more power to you. To me though thats just way too predictable."

Wasted Potential =/= Bad or Lazy writing. Being predictable means nothing. In essence, every arc is predictable. Saiyan Saga, we knew Vegeta was going to lose. Frieza Saga, we knew Goku was going to win. Cell Saga. We knew Cell would lose. Buu Saga, we knew Buu would die. I could go on. And it is not as predictable as you say, U6 still could in fact when. It seems as though Caulifla and Kale can fuse now and thus will be a dominate force. This could be a game changer as they are U6's strongest remaining fighters. We have a lot of time left in the tournament, literally anything can happen. So much stuff hasn't been explored yet, so it is not as predictable as you say.

Shit I should've posted my prediction of the new warrior being a fusion of Kale and Caulifla here, because apparently it turns out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back