• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about Low 2-C Grand Priest via Shin's statement. I mean I don't think Goku actually "fought" Infinite Zamasu. They got one-shoted. However if Shin meant stronger than Merged Zamasu then it would make sense since Jiren and Goku might be "High 3-A" whereas MZ is only "3-A".

I guess there's also the argument that Beerus and Whis made a far bigger deal out of experiencing Jiren's power than they did with Infinite Zamasu's. Though I'm not sure.

I was waiting for your reaction lol

I couldn't watch it until today and I loved it.

So clearly Jiren is being well recieved by the fans now, and for good reason. However, is anyone disappointed that he still just turned out to be nothing more than "really really strong"? I was hoping he would have some hax, like Hit.

Ryukama said:
I guess there's also the argument that Beerus and Whis made a far bigger deal out of experiencing Jiren's power than they did with Infinite Zamasu's. Though I'm not sure.
They were serious at the Zamasu moment, Im almost 100% sure that Whis would stomp Jiren.

I never said Whis wouldn't stomp Jiren. But I'm saying one could at least use the argument that Beerus and Whis were clearly much more impressed and reactive towards Jiren's power than they were to Zamasu's. Though I'm not too sure.

I meant that in the Zamasu case, they were the ones handling thr stuff. If they were the ones fighting jiren directly, specially Whis, I dont think he'd make a big deal out of it. Beerus alone would likely have a hard time.

Also, food for thought, "A GoD cannot beat jiren", but... can a GoD hakai jiren?

Yeah hoped Jiren wouldn't just be really really strong but apparently he is and tbf I think he could give Whis a run for his money, just like I think Beerus can give Whis a run for his money.

Well at least it is clear from the special now that the mortal who is stronger than the GoD who is stronger than Beerus is Jiren. That means UI Goku's power should be around Belmod's and it is still climbing! I like the fact that this is not another Saiyan transformation but a new Godly Technique that Jiren most likely knows.

Saying Jiren could beat Whis is silly the angels are on a completely higher level but they're getting closer

I'm curious as to where Fusion Zamasu's power lies and how Vegito fits into all of this...

110 is definitely my fav episode of the series now and holy shit that was intense. I really hope for more fights like that and Jiren having some sort of hax

I knew that that thread had potential. I had fun in the discussion last night about the upgrade.

I can say with 0 doubts that Whis and Beerus are my favourite characters in dbs.

From what i heard Jiren page was update and now it says his power "surpass" the gods rather than "equal", how true is that ?

Whis notes a heavily, hilariously so even, suppressed Jiren is comparable to a god of destruction and probably even surpasses it thus the rumour was true.

And Belmond says Goku's Ssbx20 would worry him a bit but for Jiren it's nothing (basically saying Jiren is stronger than himself).

And this is suppressed Jiren.

I mean Jiren didn't slice Goku in half but yes Frieza lol.

Of all the characters, I'm glad Toriyama is expanding on Frieza instead of making him a jobber character what they did to him in late DBZ and DBGT.

He's clearly having a jape.

Honestly? I see Goku and jiren taking each other out, Frieza being the last one standing and getting his wish.

Yeah. As much as I miss Cell, there's a reason why Frieza is one of the most well known characters of the series. He's legitimately evil and deliciously charismatic. While recycling villains is generally something I'm against, Frieza is too good of a character to waste and I'm glad he's a top dog character treated as threat. Close to Goku's equal. Maybe not yet but he's up there if you know what I mean.

Has anyone come to realize that besides the angels and Zeno, Jiren might be the strongest character in Dragon ball? Like that is a HUUUUUGE leap in power. i mean, it took a ssb vegito (whose literally thousands of times stronger than ssb goku or vegeta, possibly Vastly even more, due to current updates) to just be compared to beerus, while jiren is speculated by whis to possibly be above G.O.D level. Like WOW

Btw i may sound idiot for asking this but : is GT still canon ?

DB wiki still have it as part of the main timeline

What? No, not even in the games, in shit like xenoverse its put as a different timeline now, distinctly different than super.

Also the obvious one is pilaf gang are old as shit in gt but like 10 in super, and mai has a thing for trunks.

Ovrhide said:
Has anyone come to realize that besides the angels and Zeno, Jiren might be the strongest character in Dragon ball? Like that is a HUUUUUGE leap in power. i mean, it took a ssb vegito (whose literally thousands of times stronger than ssb goku or vegeta, possibly Vastly even more, due to current updates) to just be compared to beerus, while jiren is speculated by whis to possibly be above G.O.D level. Like WOW
Never question the logic of DBS, also Vegito isn't that much stronger than Goku and Vegeta, he's dozen times stronger at best

There isn't that much leap in power between Goku and Vegito in DBS like back in DBZ

So will we be giving Vegito, Sword of Hope Trunks and possibly Fused Zamasu High 3-A as well due to Shin's statement of Vegito being comparable to Beerus at max power, 0r not because that was manga only?

Manga only, from the looks of things manga is going in a different direction then the anime, plus this feat hasn't happened in there yet.

Seriously if Hit gets a High 3-A rating because of next week's episode and not Vegetto/Zamasu/maybe SoH Trunks, that'll be ridiculous unless Hit really powers up.

Hit's a cool dude so it's okay.

That's all the reason we need considering the show and how often power jumps happen, look at Roshi or 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back