• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I got that right after.

As far As dbz goes, Cell is hilarious right now.

Probably some of the best episodes yet. Episode of bardock is also good.

Cell (after regenerating his torso, to Goku): You werent there, but, tldr: Piccolo cells.

Piccolo: Im... 90% sure I cannot do that.

I laughed so hard here.

One of my favourites is the Recoome vs vegeta episode.

I'm afraid that the resistance to time stop is removed from the goku profile, if the anime does like the manga concerning the tokitobashi which only works on the weaker

I do think Jiren and Goku's upgrades to High 3-A should mean Fused Zamasu (in both states) and SSB Vegito follow suit. I'm convinced that both of the latter characters are still more powerful than the former characters.

Can't confirm that belief until Jiren and Goku provide more feats, of course. I'll wait and see.

FTW395 said:
MeleeniumRXJ said:
Tbf Jiren is kinda boring, tho what's wrong with the silent strong guys? I thought that was an adored trope in fiction, guess not.
The disappointment in Jiren--which I share, as I think he's just a really strong piece of cardboard right now--is probably due to the fact that the series already did the gimmick better with Hit.

It also doesn't help that Jiren came right after the absolutely deranged Zamasu. Kind of a hard narrative shift, no?

I don't think goku can get any higher. Besides the typical power buffs, it pretty much stated he reached his ultimate potential. It was leading up to goku always underestimating his ultimate and leaving himself wide open, but now with ultra instinct his chances of losing as slimmed considerably.

Jiren who already has instinctual combat didn't lose, because he already fought with instinct.

Just like how Saitama gave up his hair in exchange for overwhelming power. Jiren gave up his personality ovo

I forgot who said it but I agree with them when they said they like Jiren a lot more as a force of nature or insurmountable obstacle for Goku more than as a character.

I like more whwn characters are given... backstories.

I'd like to know about jiren's.

PaChi2 said:
I like more whwn characters are given... backstories.
I'd like to know about jiren's.
If we get a Jiren backstory it'll be one of two things.

1. Jiren was born strong super duper ultra strong. The end.

2. Jiren trained real hard and got super duper ultra strong. The end.

@Ryu I hope there is something more to it, but whatever, its dbs we are talking about. Maybe zamasu is the most complex villain we have had. My expectations for something like jiren's backstory are low. But I can assure you it can be done much better than that.

I doubt we will get much backstory on jiren or persona, He's reall boring and bland and even his design is lazy imo

On another note any guess how old jiren is ?

I heard this theory that Belmod is secretly giving Jiren power. Which is why he has his ridiculous, godlike strength. I don't think it's likely to be true, but I do think it'd be a very interesting concept/twist.

You know, call me crazy, but what if Jiren is a former GoD? Like quit or retired after his universe was destroyed by Zen'o. ...I sound absolutely bonkers right now

ZERO7772 said:
I doubt we will get much backstory on jiren or persona, He's reall boring and bland and even his design is lazy imo

On another note any guess how old jiren is ?
He is about 6 months old, ovo.

@Penguin I feel like there's no way that the other GoDs, angels, Omni-Kings or especially Grand Priest wouldn't recognize him if that were the case.

@ZERO7772 What? Belmod is just giving Jiren additional power to stack on top of his own. What doesn't make sense about that?

You know come to think of it, Jiren would fit perfectly in OPM as a parody antagonist and as Saitama's arch rival. Jiren sort of gives off the vibe of being so powerful that it's comical.

It should happen. One should by the rights to Jiren and use him in OPM xD

For starters, why is Toppo the candidate for GoD when Jiren clearly surpasses GoDs in power?

MeleeniumRXJ said:
You know come to think of it, Jiren would fit perfectly in OPM as a parody antagonist and as Saitama's arch rival. Jiren sort of gives off the vibe of being so powerful that it's comical.
Jiren is the kind of character that Saitama is meant to parody. Extremely overpowered yet bland with little traits besides "he's so strong!"

Mayhaps he survived the destruction of his universe and was forgotten from history? Again, just hypothesizing about him, he could just be a stupidly OP character who has never ever been mentioned before because of PIS.

I know everyone has said this but where the hell was Jiren when Goku Black went on his little rampage?

Ryukama said:
MeleeniumRXJ said:
Jiren is the kind of character that Saitama is meant to parody. Extremely overpowered yet bland with little traits besides "he's so strong!"

That's why Jiren would be perfect as the main antagonist of One Punch Man. If Jiren were in OPM, being bland and overpowered would be utterly deliberate and acknowledged by the writers, and probably taken to a more comical level. I'm just picturing it and can already see the comedic potential there.

Ryukama said:
I know everyone has said this but where the hell was Jiren when Goku Black went on his little rampage?
Black killed the Kaioshin and left as fast as possible.

Jiren needs to be on Kai Duty for now on ovo

Well Super Shenron has been stated to supposedly be able to kill a god. So that theory could be on the realm of possibility.

Its funny though. Because Jiren would be the only mortal who could oppose Zamasu besides Vegito at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back