• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku upgrades:

Resurrection (revived roshi)

Life and death manipulation (revived roshi)

Causality manipulation (can revert the effects of dying)

Concept manipulation (can banish the concept of death from people)

Life creation (...)

ovo.

Uh, no. What Goku was doing is defibrilating Roshi with Ki blasts, he has done this before aswell. This has absolutely nothing to do with "life and death maniuplation", he simply reanimated him. Pls no wankerino.

(I don't know if you're being sarcastic because DB is constantly wanked)

@Bruce It wasnt even a sarcasm, it was a straight joke. I tried to make defibrilating Roshi sound like Goku was the embodiment of life and death. 0 wank.

Didnt people want hax in dbs? There you got it ovo

The Strongest being fails to be even a little smart, counting with his fingers.

Definitly the funnese episode in DBS so far, except where Master Roshi almost dies.

KyofuSama93 said:
Troll somewhere else.
I'm not trolling. DBS is meant for children, unlike DBZ.

Akira Toriyama said so himself. And it's quite obvious that the show is meant for little kids, just by watching it.

I thought people on this wiki only discuss the show in order to analyze the statistics of the characters, due to the nature of this wiki, but the fact that there's an entire thread purely dedicated to the story and plot sort of surprised me.

Also, this is the fun and games board, no need to be so serious.

Roshi should not be upgraded to being equal to base Goku or something like that. IT was stated multiple times that Ganos was both faster and stronger than him, and merely experience was keeping Roshi in the fight. It walso also stated multiple times Roshi was "Surpassing his limits" to even hold back Ganos at the end, and he nearly died just fending him off.

Skytheblue said:
Wow, I didn't know so many adults watched DBS. The show is literally for 9 year olds...

A show for 9 year olds where there's sexually suggestive themes, and people get erased from existence. Right.

He was straight out hurting him and ringed him out by sheer brute force in the end. This was also transformed and powered up Ganos, who was vastly stronger than Base Ganos. Base Ganos went toe to toe with Goku, therefore Roshi should be scaled to them. It's a very straight foward power scaling matter.

Yeah quite straightforward, the fact that he was even after to push him shows that hes somewhat on the same level, however Roshi being Solar System level is a controversial thing of its own.

I mean, it's a bullshit power up. But vsbattles' job isn't really calling out franchises on poor writing. It's a consistent feat regardless.

I absolutely see why it would be controversial though don't get me wrong.

Bruce Reb said:
I mean, it's a bullshit power up. But vsbattles' job isn't really calling out franchises on poor writing. It's a consistent feat regardless.
I absolutely see why it would be controversial though don't get me wrong.
Actually it is. There's something called PIS, a term here, which means plot induced stupidity. PIS can sometimes not give the characters the scaling even if they defeat the character because it doesn't make sense.

Skytheblue said:
I'm not trolling. DBS is meant for children, unlike DBZ.
Well in the television schedule of my country is in the children section, but the thing is and i repeat is that the writers varies from episode and generally ignore powerscaling in order to give a spotlight to a character like Roshi, also ignoring or forgetting previous episodes events. Examples: Narirama attacked Dyspo and Basil and Hit casually defeated him and then Dyspo gave problems to Hit, Goku (Who does not care about the fate of his own universe and wants to fight and take attacks from fodders) vs Gamos (Which is defeated by Roshi), Whis about SSB (Which is abused worse than SS3) stamina, Zen'o/Champa slower than Dyspo and etc. Series like this that contraddicts or constanly retcon itself are very hard to scale. Lastly Goku used his god ki to wake Roshi, no healing nor resurrection.

They specifically said Ganos was both faster and stronger than Roshi, and the point where he "surpasses his limits" and nearly kills himself to eliminate Ganos is a clear outlier moment that he won't reach again.

They said Roshi trained and he fought with Goku in episode 78

Master Roshi gets no Upgrade. He said it himself, "You're faster than me.", "You're stronger than me.", "But I got experience." Master Roshi confirms that low tiers can defeat God tiers, there's been a couple of 5-B who have won against 3-A here in the wiki.

Thebluedash said:
Yeah quite straightforward, the fact that he was even after to push him shows that hes somewhat on the same level, however Roshi being Solar System level is a controversial thing of its own.
>Implying Roshi wouldnt get 3-A rating.

3-A roshi is the new black.

Roshi cant be PIS at this point.

The whole episode was about him "surpassing his limits" and showing his true strength. And he did that by beating Ganos

Idk if Ganos can be 3-A though in base. He did fight on par with Goku, but Goku likes to start off small in his battles, so i dont think he was necessarily using enough power for Ganos to be 3-A.

I think Roshi should at least be 4-B though

The whole thing was PIS leading to his "sacrifice" that was tarnish by a comedy relief moment. He died. Goku brought him back to life. He beat Ganos using a full power Kamehameha, if this upgrades him then him destroying the Moon isn't a outlier since he also used all of his power back then.

There's also no guarantee that Goku wasn't holding back against Ganos and not using his 3-A stats. We know they can lower their power levels.

From what i recall.

Roshi was handling, throwing around and hurting Transformed Ganos, before Ganos was getting stronger, which would still be at least 4-B. He admits hes stronger and faster, but that doesnt mean Roshi is multiple tiers below. The only thing that might be PIS is the Kamehameha knocking him back, but even then, it killed Roshi.

Aight then

In other news

Ganos and possibly Darkori pages? Caway was basically nothing comparable to Roshi.

That reminds me when Toriyama said in an interview that Roshi an be very strong if he wants, or something like that.

Ganos is not 3A.... Many fighters in the tournament are not above 4B. Also whoever Goku fights in bas doesn't equal 3A. Did anyone here forget that there was an iron guy restraining Goku some epsiodes ago in base and C18 could lift him easily and drop him out?

And C18 is not 3A. So no. Base Goku from the showings is 4B. SSG Goku is 3A. It seems that from Champa Arc they retconned his Base power. His Base seems weaker.

Frieza at his Final form has no problem at all with anyone. There was a gy that gve SS Caulifla trouble but Frieza one shot him.

So Goku's base has been retconned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back