• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't infinite timelines for each different possibility. There's only a handful branching off of one main timeline. Anyways I still find the idea that someone stole his body murdered his wife and children, even if in an alternate timeline, would upset him less than his former kung fu teacher being killed in a martial arts fight to be ridiculous. Not to mention that Goku Black was also threatening "his" timeline family as well.

"But what about Goku didn't actually see his family get murdered he only heard about it?" "What about multiverse theory?"

What about DBS is poorly written at times and people don't need to try anything to justify every nonsensical thing that occurs?

I'm sorry but Goku being more upset over Roshi than his wife and child simply does not make sense to me. Which doesn't even matter since nothing at all suggests Goku is getting this upset over Roshi right now.

Well either way, I don't know why this idea is being entertained. Goku did seem quite upset when he heard what Black did to him and his family in another timeline. And there's no reason why he wouldn't be very upset about Roshi dying. Roshi is still someone he cares about a lot, and is arguably a father figure to him.

I'm not saying Goku doesn't care about Roshi. But care far more about Roshi than Chi-Chi, Goten or simply his own pride of having his body stolen, I don't see at all.

Dying is just another part of the job in DB :^) Doubt it. Plus the way Chi-Chi always nags him, he's just acting depressed for the fans ;^)

Unite My Rice said:
Plus the way Chi-Chi always nags him,
TFW Chi-Chi would rather let the planet get destroyed than have Gohan slack in his studies, despite the fact that if the planet's destroyed there wouldn't be any way to study ovo

Ryukama said:
I'm not saying Goku doesn't care about Roshi. But care far more about Roshi than Chi-Chi, Goten or simply his own pride of having his body stolen, I don't see at all.

He probably cares about Roshi more than an alternate version of Goten and Chi-Chi.

He may still have a Goten and Chi-Chi (assuming Goku Black doesn't kill them too like he says he will) however I still would think it's lame for Goku confronting someone who killed his kung fu teacher to be something astronomically more impactful than him confronting someone who stole his body and murdered his family (even if from a different timeline) then threatened to do the same thing again to his "real family". But that doesn't matter, it's a thing of opinion. And nothing suggests this is even about Roshi to begin with.

Yamcha crashes the tournament, soloes everyone including the GoDs, Angels and Omni-Kings, taking away all of Goku's potential fighters OVO

Goku was using Hercule as a shield since he could obviously tank any attack from Buu with complete and utter ease.

So apparently some people are already putting Goku in his new form vs SS4 Goku GT and I'm like...WTF?.

Some GT fanboys think SSJ4 Gogeta is more powerful than Omni-King. No suprise.

Damm Roshi was a boss this episode, the man took out 3 opponents and earned respect from Beerus. And Goku actually cried a few tears at the end when he thought Roshi was dead, and I don't think he's teared up since the King Piccolo saga. What a nice little moment that was.

Tbh I'm sad Roshi got resurrected. They could have let him go down in an honorable and noble way: giving the last of his life to defeat someone who he thought may be difficult for Goku later on. He would have gone out a boss and be remembered by a GoD.

Toei had the perfect opportunity to make an emotional moment while giving Roshi an awesome legacy but they decided to bring him back for no reason other for him to be comedy relief.

Maybe he just pumped big one last time and dropped outta SSB because he gave up.

What really caught my eye was the fact that Beerus legitimately took interest in Roshi beyond just the fact that he was kicking some ass. Maybe we'll see something go down between those two in the future, who knows!

Also the guy's name was Ganos, he went toe to toe with base Goku. And it was stated that, given enough time, he could be a real threat to Goku and the stronger dudes, yet Roshi outsped him several times after he had transformed, delivered quite a thrashing, and overpowered him with his final attack.

I'd say it's upgrade worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back