• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could u guys just imagine Goku and Hit tag teaming Jiren so that way they can have their final fight with one another.

Hit fanboys are dreaming too much now , Just hope they won't throw him to the trash for the sake of new antagonist like they always do

I still think he will job to Jiren but I want it to be as badass as possible.

As much as I hate to say it, Hit is perfect worf material. I think he's more likely than not going to have his ass handed to him by a new guy. But I hope I'm proven wrong.

They will obviously sacrifice dome of the tob dogs to shown off the new ones , to show off jiren vegeta or Hit will job against him and honestly they done vegeta dirty many times so i hope it's Hit this yime

From what I'm getting, Gohan's probably gonna be 3-A at the end of the next episode, and Tien and Krillin will probably be Tier 4 come the tournament (Krillin keeping up with 18, Tien looking like he'll probably be keeping up with Piccolo).

I really hope they mention the Three Eyed Clan.

Also the last tag team fight was Goku and Trunks Vs Black and Zamasu so im hyped to heck to see this one.

Hit The Badass said:
I want to see Goku and Hit fighting against Jiren. Vegeta can job like always. His fanboys are dreaming too much.
Goku would never team up with anyone for a 2 vs 1 he will go after jiren while veveta will defeat or go down with hit

Ssr4vegito said:
Hit The Badass said:
I want to see Goku and Hit fighting against Jiren. Vegeta can job like always. His fanboys are dreaming too much.
Goku would never team up with anyone for a 2 vs 1 he will go after jiren while veveta will defeat or go down with hit
He will team up if necessary like he did with Zamasu and Black

Considering everyone will be after U7 their best chance will be by teaming with U6 although realistically speaking no one would want to team up with u7 because that you will have to face all the others teams

99.99% of the characters will be eliminated in 3 episodes or less. I expect Super to reach the ending of Z by episode 100. Because I've not seen any news abouf Toei picking up DBS for another season.

I didn't kept high hopes for that, back then, and I still don't. Because, Toriyama said long ago that he didn't want to show Goku surpassing Beerus or Whis. That can still change, but I doubt it.

ZERO7772 said:
We will never see Goku beat beersu *sigh*
Honestly, I prefer that it stays that way. Beerus's main schtick (along with Whis) is that he's far more powerful than the main protagonist. If Goku surpasses Beerus, it'll take away what's cool about him. I like the idea that there are deity characters that the main protagonist will never reach. It's kinda like Superman with Darkseid, Spectre, The Prescence etc...

AppleLord said:
99.99% of the characters will be eliminated in 3 episodes or less. I expect Super to reach the ending of Z by episode 100. Because I've not seen any news abouf Toei picking up DBS for another season.
Toyotaro said in an interview that him and Toriyama are already setting up the groundwork to go past the end of Z.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
The whole concept of DB franchise is getting stronger than someone who is stronger than you. That's what makes it far more interesting than comics. I don't want it to follow same boring comic principles.

As long as Goku is still breaking his limits, constantly getting stronger and overcoming new opponents, the "meaning" of DB still stays intact even if he never surpasses Beerus.

That said I do like the idea of a finally consistent hierarchy and a specific goal for Goku to always aspire towards. So I agree it'd be nice for that to remain. However I wouldn't mind perhaps at the end of Super Goku finally equals or surpasses Beerus. Kind of like a nice way to end off the story.

I certainly would not want Goku reaching Whis, Daishinkan or Zen'ō's level. That'd just be ridiculous.

Hit The Badass said:
It's a double-edged sword though, because the characters that get surpassed, fall into irrelevency. If or when Beerus gets surpassed by Goku, he'll become irrelevent. And I don't want that.

I find it hard to believe they will stop at EoZ. With Toyotaro, the DB Room, Akira's blessings hell they could milk this forever, and I think they know that.

I'd still like to see a Uub or Pan story since they where and still are being hyped to this day. I don't want it to be like GT because they where both thrown in the trash especially Pan.

@Hit the Badass

You may not like him, but he's well liked by a lot of people. And I'm sure you don't want Hit to be pushed to irrelevency either.

Dragon Ball has well established its theme about surpassing limits and superior people. We get it now. It doesn't have to do it all the time though. Plus, it's been doing a lot of ass-pull power-ups lately, meaning it's probably starting to deviate from that theme anyway.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Dragon Ball has well established its theme about surpassing limits and superior people. We get it now. It doesn't have to do it all the time though.
The thing is, even if Goku never surpasses Beerus, this theme can still be intact. If Goku is surpassing his limits and beating superior people like Hit, Goku Black, Jiren, etc. that aspect of the show remains. Goku doesn't have to be the most powerful being in the verse to still represent this idea.

^ Different people have different opinions. Yeah i won't like that but I know for a fact that he will be pushed to irrelevancy high possible in this tournament. Beerus will too but his chances are really not that compared to Hit.

It goes like relevancy in danger from high to low:

HIT> TOPPO> Jiren> Beerus> Other gods> Angels> Grand priest

@Ryukama

True, but the theme becomes harder to appreciate with the many ass-pull power ups it's been having lately. With that said though, I really don't mind if the show does deviate from its theme. DBZ and classic Dragon Ball have fufilled my fix of its core theme throughout my childhood, and have solidified my inspiration. At this point, I actually would like for the franchise to evolve into something else.

And yes, Goku never has to surpass Beerus to maintain this theme. But he does have to keep surpassing someone. And as long as that happens, characters will be pushed to irrelevency. Technically, it doesn't have to do that to maintain its theme. It could make it so that there's always a collection of characters that keep up with Goku, which inspires Goku to improve some more. But it doesn't do that, with the exception of Vegeta, and Vegeta still somehow always gets bent over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back