• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LuciferSPN said:
Downgrade,how?
He just confirmed what Whis said earlier for him = that he can erase entire multiverse if he want to,which he did to F.Trunks timeline,entire multiverse is gone
Because before it was assumed Zen'o's influence potentially spread to all timelines of all universes, but now we know that isn't the case, and that each "world" has its own Zen'o.
Well,it was expected tbh

Well, I liked the Goku Black arc, stupid asspulls and retcons aside. There were tons of badass moments, especially with Trunks. I just wish we knew what his form really is. Also, Zeno's timeline-busting feat was pretty awesome. I also really like Zamasu. He's a complex villain for this series, not what you'd expect from shonen. He reminds me of Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho. And is it just me, or does Zamasu get the worst deaths? Atomized, slowly sliced in half up through his face, and erased from existence. You really have to feel for the poor sod, even if he has it coming.

Kaioshin mentioned that as he is the strongest one, Zeno cannot die by others' hands.

i will amit i was legitimately pissed when they just shot down the omniking infinty speed on account of super doesn't follow logic so we shouldn't give him infinity speed a sorry but i canr help it stuff like the Looney Tunes are 2C because they try to ratify the oddness of it but they don't do the same for super?

I cringe for the reasons they didnt put Zeno's speed at infinite and believed F.Zamasu>Angels/Gods

Edit: Also according to some logic i've heard around here. Shouldnt F.Zamsu>Zeno because hax lmfao. And it was shown Zeno destroyed him without any effort

Gokuiscool144 said:
I cringe for the reasons they didnt put Zeno's speed at infinite and believed F.Zamasu>Angels/Gods
Well we don't even know if this was still Merged Zamasu (the goku black part died), this could actually be another transformation of Zamasu that could've surpassed the Angels/Gods.

@ftw. Yes, but however Whis stated that even Beerus could have dealt with Zamasu even after they both felt his immortal soul spreading throughout their timeline.

And I have seen so many contradictions related to dragon ball. They've lost to other characters due to hax while having higher AP. Yet Zeno has next to none that we know off and erased Zamasu with what looked like a ki blast. That boggles my mind.

Gokuiscool144 said:
@ftw. Yes, but however Whis stated that even Beerus could have dealt with Zamasu even after they both felt his immortal soul spreading throughout their timeline.
And I have seen so many contradictions related to dragon ball. They've lost to other characters due to hax while having higher AP. Yet Zeno has next to none that we know off and erased Zamasu with what looked like a ki blast. That boggles my mind.
Huh? If my mind serves me right it was stated even Beerus couldn't defeat Zamasu when he was like that.

Whis just stated that he has something better than the sealing urn for the Immortal Zamasu... Not the Fusion Zamasu Immortal Soul... And that doesn't intigate killing him so...

FTW395 said:
Gokuiscool144 said:
Huh? If my mind serves me right it was stated even Beerus couldn't defeat Zamasu when he was like that.
That was never said... Beerus just knew Zamasu was affecting the time stream

I don't get it, this episode seems to get even more hate than the last one but I don't understand why. This episode didn't introduce any retcons nor did it **** up with any power scaling. Giygas-Zamasu is great and I love they did this, it's original and it looks creepy. Add the fact that Zamasu is the first Dragonball Villian ever to somewhat succeed with his motive really makes him the best Dragonball Villian and this a great Dragonball arc.

He may be the best villain to some of you but to me he was kind of an idiot. He hand the power to wish for anything but he decided to destroy the super dragon balls. He then won't shut up about gods should do this and mortals are inferior and bla bla bla. Now don't get me wrong he wasn't completely bad but to me he wasn't the best. I would prefer them to have not fused and stayed apart but that's just me.

As of right now I'm hyped for HIT's return because when he appears you know its about to go down.

FTW395 said:
Well when you compare him to other Dragonball Villians atleast he had a motive.
Regarding this: Dbz villains' motives

Raditz: conquering Earth.

Vegeta/Nappa: see Raditz.

Frieza: Becoming immortal.

Dr Gero: Revenge against Goku.

Androids: ?

Cell: Becoming perfect, then... ?

Babidi: Universal conquest.

Buu: No motives, kills for fun.

Dbs villains' motives:

Beerus: boredom.

Frieza: Revenge.

Copy vegeta: ...

Champa: Food/brother rivalry (lol)

Zamasu: JUSTICE.

Correct anyone you think I missed.

Nobody is saying other DBZ villains literally didn't have a reason for doing what they did. Simply that other villains compared to Zamasu had very simple or shallow motives for doing what they did.

Unlike the others, we actually see events unfold that shift Zamasu's mind. We see a gradual process of him slowly doubting what Gowasu has taught him until he eventually goes full forward with his plans.

And unlike most other DB villains, Zamasu actually thought what he was doing was right. And sought out to uphold principles and values that he held closely.

Zamasu's motive doesn't just boil down to "I'M EVIL" or "KILLING IZ FUN." Rather he developes into what became of him overtime through moments that happen throughout his life that changed his perspective more and more. Persuing what he actually thinks is just.

Now Zamasu isn't some beautifully written masterpiece of a character or anything. But compared to most DB villains, he had a lot more character, developement and reason.

I know, I know @Ryu That post I quoted only made me think about the other villain's motives and decided to list them. Not trying to argue or anything.

Not trying to argue either. Just giving my opinion. Anyone is free to disagree.

@Ryu

Don't forget that Zamasu is the only villain to show regret at his actions. As TVTropes puts it:

Episode 66 brings Zamasu's descent into madness and all-consuming self-righteousness to a head with his own arrogance coming back to bite him and reducing him to exactly what he sought to destroy: a barbaric savage concerned only with destruction. This isn't too bad since he had it all coming, but one brief image adds another aspect to Zamasu's downfall that hasn't ever been seen in any major Dragon Ball villain: he reflects on everything he's had to do to get this far, and starts to cry tears of dismay. In spite of how elated he was to have achieved almighty power and come to the cusp of winning, Zamasu actually takes a moment to visibly show regret for everything he's done, showing that he actually does acknowledge that what he's doing is evil, even if he wouldn't dare stop. In contrast to the slew of shamelessly evil villains that Dragon Ball has had up until now, Zamasu is a Knight Templar whose own morals have reduced him to a monster. And he knows it. And he doesn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back