• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
^True. Everyone thinks Dragonball is only High tier when in fact it already has a character infinitely stronger than Pegasus Seiya. Someone considered a very god tier anime character. Heck Dragonball is not that far behind SS when you think about it.

I think people like to rag on dragonball and sees it a hurdle to becoming an overpowering verse. The fother hurdles being HST, Fairy Tail and now Toriko. Heck ,people don't even now that Dragon Ball is beyond Planet Level when in fact they are Universal now. With one Multi-Universal character.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^True. Everyone thinks Dragonball is only High tier when in fact it already has a character infinitely stronger than Pegasus Seiya. Someone considered a very god tier anime character. Heck Dragonball is not that far behind SS when you think about it.
I think people like to rag on dragonball and sees it ahurdle to becoming an Op verse. The fother hurdles being HST, Fairy Tail and now Toriko. Heck people don't even now that Dragon Ball is beyond Planet Level when in fact they are Universal now. With one Multi-Universal character.
INB4 "Seiyastillblitzesandatomichaxes tho" lol

^That is literally what keeps them so that much ahead of DB. otherwise DB and SS would almost be equals.

Brah imagine if goku black not only displays time travel under his own power but also REALITY WARPING since you know in interviews toriyama is hyping goku black up as someone who transcends space and time so im hoping toriyama does that and doesn't drop the ball like he did for the tournament where lets face it outside of hit that arc was TRASH!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^That is literally what keeps them so that much ahead of DB. otherwise DB and SS would almost be equals.
Yeah, one of the main reasons Dragonball gets shit most of the time is because it's popular and strong, and plenty of people underestimate Dragonball's power, because with Dragonall you have to take plenty of calculations, statements, and guidebooks into consideration, not to mention DBS's popularity only shot up just a few months ago after people stopped paying attention to OPM and the Universe 6 arc picked up in quality, that's why many people disregard, don't remember, or haven't heard or seen episode 12

And whenever Dragonball DOES do a feat they get severely downplayed just because people REFUSE to see Dragonball as anything other than planet level especially the Screwattards and Supermantards, even the planet busting itself gets downplayed with the "core-busting" theory, not to mention that even after the 4 galaxy situation was over and done, people STILL downplayed the episode 12 with the "God Ki clash" theory, the "Stronger distance shockwave" theory, and the "Beerus help" theory

Hell I am willing to bet even with the possibility of Multiverse+ feats people will still find an excuse, just because it's Dragonball the buttmonkey of high tier verses debates and the hurdle that just gets harder to jump over with every arc, but a hurdle people REFUSE to believe is at universal height, hopefully this arc pulls a Madoka, hopefully...

Derpmaster9000 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Yeah in the preview Black has already time traveled with an odd ring. Meaning he has some good hax right there as he go back in time and kill people without Acausality. Anyway yeah he already shows up in Goku's time period. He didn't waste anytime catching up to Trunks. Black's like a bloodhound that can time travel.XD Heck we even see the two about to fight.
Blacks time travel isn't under his own power though he has to use a device to go there which is already disappointing.
So what if ring is part of his equipment like GL's one for example?

But most important thing - this is DB where you see cool fights,attacks and not some crazy stuff just for feats

Hmm...if Goku Black isn't considered a Saiyan, then how he transform then if Goku has Super Saiyan Blue and would prove too much?

Wow i didn't know people are so overthinking feats lol, you forgot split durbility bro, lifting strength and finaly small ki explosions, but on the otherhand i like this arc and i like how toriyama might be using the makaoishins and maybe the makai world, i hope thid arc will be up and back up the hype it raised among the dragon ball community.

Let's see. Let's face it, even if it's "non-canon", Turles is quite objectively and factually (as in, not in my opinion) weaker than Goku Black by a vast degree. He took a punch from a Super Saiyan Trunks without any long lasting damage or even bleeding. Also, he derogatorily talked about Saiyans and humans. He is genuinely malicious. He takes "evil being instantly murders people" seriously.

"I've already thought the concept for this arc was stupid. I mean, Trunks' blue hair retcon, Mai becoming a main character (which sounds like something straight out of DBZ fanfiction), evil Goku, and what felt suspiciously to me like trying to recreate the Cell Saga, arguably the most popular saga in all of DBZ, which strongly suggests they are running out of ideas."
Don't forget killing teh adorable kitty cat.

It'll take a while, but anyway. Seeing Goku Black fight Goku was meant to happen, since people have made previous stories about a clearly, maliciously racist version of Goku who doesn't respect Saiyans and humans very much and wants to torture them.

Honestly, just gonna throw this out there, assuming Zen'o has the speed advantage, he can defeat any 2-C char or lower

He doesnt fight, so he obviously isnt going to be firing ki blasts, so he probably just blinks or thinks or something and his target is poofed. You can't really avoid that unless you have much higher durability

Mister Death said:
Honestly, just gonna throw this out there, assuming Zen'o has the speed advantage, he can defeat any 2-C char or lower

He doesnt fight, so he obviously isnt going to be firing ki blasts, so he probably just blinks or thinks or something and his target is poofed. You can't really avoid that unless you have much higher durability
Isn't that how it is with any Tier 2 character fighting a much weaker character?

Also, unfortunately (for the moment), Zen'o seems to be on the slow side compared to other beings of his level.

Mister Death said:

Zeno can't defeat much tier 2's at this point because one i think it is doubtful that he would have the speed advantage if we are powerscaling from whis and beerus as he hasn't done any speed feats yet and two he still doesn't have the hax to compete with other tier 2's yea he probably can blink things out of existence so i am assuming he has reality warping but if that's what he has alone he won't get far in tier 2 as most guys already have that. We have to wait and see what he is capable of before we can match against anyone in his tier, i feel he will have the abilities to compete.

^ If he has the speed advantage I dont see how a 2-C being can have a chance

@Aza He literally only appeared for a few moments, so we have no clue about his speed, or if speed is a factor to someone like him or not yet. Maybe he doesnt move, idk, but if he can react fast enough, that'll help in vs matches

At tier 2 levels everyone is usually at least mftl+ and we don't usually try to find out the exact speed of characters just the general ballpark, dbs right now is sitting in the billions of times the speed of light which is pretty good but i think a lot of other mftl+ characters are in that range so his speed really isn't that impressive yet i mean it's not like saint seiya where guys are in the ridiculous sextillions of times mftl+, that's when speed gives an advantage there, don't usually see mftl+ tier 2 characters where it's a speed stomp if they are both mftl+. I mean at that point speed can only get you so far, he from what we have seen so far doesn't have the hax to put guys in tier 2 down, i mean guys there probably have some form of immortality or something where zeno can't put them down even if he is faster as his pressumed reality warping from what we can see so far, is a basic ability at that point. Now that i think about how many people are in zeno's tier that are 2-C's?, the only ones that come to mind are saint seiya characters like hades and zeus and they would stomp zeno so hard. But we should wait on more to be revealed about the zeno he could be pretty powerful.

My question is if he's a 4-D being or not. Because if not, he could still lose to some characters in lower number tiers. Namely, Flash.

Master Xar said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah, one of the main reasons Dragonball gets shit most of the time is because it's popular and strong, and plenty of people underestimate Dragonball's power, because with Dragonall you have to take plenty of calculations, statements, and guidebooks into consideration, not to mention DBS's popularity only shot up just a few months ago after people stopped paying attention to OPM and the Universe 6 arc picked up in quality, that's why many people disregard, don't remember, or haven't heard or seen episode 12
And whenever Dragonball DOES do a feat they get severely downplayed just because people REFUSE to see Dragonball as anything other than planet level especially the Screwattards and Supermantards, even the planet busting itself gets downplayed with the "core-busting" theory, not to mention that even after the 4 galaxy situation was over and done, people STILL downplayed the episode 12 with the "God Ki clash" theory, the "Stronger distance shockwave" theory, and the "Beerus help" theory

Hell I am willing to bet even with the possibility of Multiverse+ feats people will still find an excuse, just because it's Dragonball the buttmonkey of high tier verses debates and the hurdle that just gets harder to jump over with every arc, but a hurdle people REFUSE to believe is at universal height, hopefully this arc pulls a Madoka, hopefully...
Exactly. Fans like you and me are just desperate for the disrespect to END, especially coming from fake DBZ fans who lie about it just to shield their attacks on the franchise, like Ben Singer. However, since the disrespect will NEVER end, at least we can make the downplaying difficult as all hell with some REALLY high-tier, OP, far-out feats. That is literally the only reason I'm still following Super now. If it disappoints me, I'll probably give it up again. I didn't like Super when it was announced, and it was only around September with the unveiling of Episode 12 that I began to get interested. Really hope it doesn't let me down, especially since they destroyed Gohan's hairstyle. I couldn't take a second disappointment.

The Queen Diclonius said:
Master Xar said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:

Exactly. Fans like you and me are just desperate for the disrespect to END, especially coming from fake DBZ fans who lie about it just to shield their attacks on the franchise, like Ben Singer. However, since the disrespect will NEVER end, at least we can make the downplaying difficult as all hell with some REALLY high-tier, OP, far-out feats. That is literally the only reason I'm still following Super now. If it disappoints me, I'll probably give it up again. I didn't like Super when it was announced, and it was only around September with the unveiling of Episode 12 that I began to get interested. Really hope it doesn't let me down, especially since they destroyed Gohan's hairstyle. I couldn't take a second disappointment.
Brah we have already had goku black require a special ring to travel through time rather than his own power that should be a clear indication that this arc will be a letdown.

ALRIGHT now this thread is pissing me off...

Just because it's a ring doesn't change the fact that it is part of his weaponry. Most anime characters are only so powerful because of their equipment. SS character aren't as strong without their cloths. Erza is not as powerful without her multiple weapons. Seriously chill out. I ftwo episodes within an arc is enough for you to lose faith in it than stop watching. Heck we don't even have full context over the ring yet. BE FREAKING PATIENT!!!! We will get feats and haxes in due time. Just enjoy the show and wait. this is new content for us to enjoy so enjoy it. Keep a look out for any feats since one is likely to happen. If Toriyama implications are anything to go by then Black threatens all the timelines. Something Toriyama will likely explain soon. WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET MAJOR FEATS IN 2 EPISODES... This negativity brings down the entire mood. BE POSITIVE!!!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
ALRIGHT now this thread is pissing me off...
Just because it's a ring doesn't change the fact that it is part of his weaponry. Most anime characters are only so powerful because of their equipment. SS character aren't as strong without their cloths. Erza is not as powerful without her multiple weapons. Seriously chill out. I ftwo episodes within an arc is enough for you to lose faith in it than stop watching. Heck we don't even have full context over the ring yet. BE FREAKING PATIENT!!!! We will get feats and haxes in due time. Just enjoy the show and wait. this is new content for us to enjoy so enjoy it. Keep a look out for any feats since one is likely to happen. If Toriyama implications are anything to go by then Black threatens all the timelines. Something Toriyama will likely explain soon. WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET MAJOR FEATS IN 2 EPISODES... This negativity brings down the entire mood. BE POSITIVE!!!
Okay my friend I apologize I will try to stay enthusiastic about this arc for say 10 more episodes and if we have absolutely nothing by that point then the rant that I will have on toriyama will be LEGENDARY!

Everyone needs to just chill and be patient it's only been 2 episodes so far and people are acting like it's the end of the world, give the story more time to develop if toriyama really intends for the characters to surpass space and time clearly it's not gonna happen in first 2 episodes, in fact i don't think anything like that will happen until the climax of the arc. But i see a lot of people here who really have a lot of high expectations of dragon ball becoming this over powered verse well not over powered but expecting a lot of feats that will finally make dragon ball a high tier verse with comparable hax, i am not setting my expectations too high as i admittedly still doubt dragon ball will ever have high tier hax short of the omni-king and zarama of course but i still hope for it. Anyway we should all just be patient and wait and see how this plays out.

Guys if you really think about it, Toriyama and Toei have been hyping this up A LOT. I severely doubt they'd fail to meet our expectations. The first few episodes are to set everything up for what could possibly be the greatest arc in Dragon Ball. I highly doubt Toriyama, of all people, will fail to meet our expectations. Also, so what if Goku Black needs a ring to go back in time? It'll be in his weapons, not like he won't be allowed to use it in fights.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
Guys if you really think about it, Toriyama and Toei have been hyping this up A LOT. I severely doubt they'd fail to meet our expectations. The first few episodes are to set everything up for what could possibly be the greatest arc in Dragon Ball. I highly doubt Toriyama, of all people, will fail to meet our expectations. Also, so what if Goku Black needs a ring to go back in time? It'll be in his weapons, not like he won't be allowed to use it in fights.
Personally I just want to hurry up and figure out what Goku Black IS and why he's here also Goku vs Goku Black

@KinglV actually it'd make no sense to go SSG if SSB only takes 10% the 2nd time that's why Vegeta got beat so easily

@Hst master

You'll get what you want. We didn't know much about the Saiyan, Frieza, the Androids, Cell, or Buu, when their arcs were just starting out. It takes time. We'll prolly know everything by the end of Episode 50.

Nah I don't think so Gohan might get a moment to shine in the serie but it seems that only goku and veceat are going to be the god tier of the z fighters.

Any one else think Trunks and Gohan will fuse this ark?

Also so far who do you guys think is cooler Hit or Black Goku?

I knew the ring thing would be a problem when I saw the episode... but I didn't expect it to be THIS bad.

there are some people that are saying we can't use omniking feat in a battle because we don't see him do it as in he could of use a machine or magic to do it and it's getting really annoying

I guess some people are just butthurt because dbz is becoming too op

Beerus1000 said:
there are some people that are saying we can't use omniking feat in a battle because we don't see him do it as in he could of use a machine or magic to do it and it's getting really annoying
Even if it was magic, which it probably was something similar (like reality manipulation) as Whis made it apparent that it wasn't ki, it would still be battle applicable. So they are downplaying like crazy.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Well he is that powerful, however we shouldn't use him in battles just yet
Also completely right. He'd be fodderized by most of the tier 2's. But eventually, the tables will turn.

The real cal howard said:
Beerus1000 said:
Even if it was magic, which it probably was something similar (like reality manipulation) as Whis made it apparent that it wasn't ki, it would still be battle applicable. So they are downplaying like crazy.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Well he is that powerful, however we shouldn't use him in battles just yet
Also completely right. He'd be fodderized by most of the tier 2's. But eventually, the tables will turn.
He'd be the one doing the fodderizing if he is faster than his opponent

But we know next to nothing other than that he is casually multiversal

so who knows

It's stated that can he destroy the multiverse or multiple universes in an instant. Not minutes, hours, or days. In an instant. Also, Black Goku's species need to be properly clarified, since he disdainfully talked about Saiyans and Humans.

DBZBOY said:
Ok who thinks Gohan will become a super god as well.
I personally gave up on Gohan the minute Toei switched out that awesome, gorgeous, epic ROF hairstyle to go back to the lame, cringe-inducing, appalling butch cut simply because so many butthurt American macho wannabes were screaming and whining that they changed it. At this point, he could become a universe buster that defeats Beerus, I wouldn't care at all. First I lost Gohan as a character when they abandoned him as main hero and gave us that cringy Adult Gohan from the Buu Saga, but then there was the brief hope that his hairstyle was finally going to go back to what it was SUPPOSED to be even if he wasn't gonna be very strong, and they completely dropped the ball when they decided to make him stronger, but axed the hairstyle almost immediately! They have toyed with my expectations on this matter for too long. I no longer expect anything good to come from Toei regarding what was once my favorite character in DBZ, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

I think I know exactly what's coming in Dragon Ball Super now, and really, guys, you shouldn't get your hopes up so much. If you're looking for feats, it's going to be VERY disappointing. Let me break it down. We ALL know that the Black Goku arc is based on Dragon Ball: Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Online. In those series, Mira and Towa were using devices (the "Time Passport") to create additional timelines, and that was putting such a huge strain on Universe 7 that it could blow it up. With the appearance of Black Goku's ring, it seems to strongly suggest that that is the path they are going to follow; creating new timelines through devices, and breaking these physical laws is what is threatening all of existence. And this is perfectly consistent with Toriyama's interview, especially since a battle that "transcends" time and space is very vague. But could I be wrong? I really hope so, but it doesn't seem very likely, so for now I remain skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back