• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen Diclonius said:
I think I know exactly what's coming in Dragon Ball Super now, and really, guys, you shouldn't get your hopes up so much. If you're looking for feats, it's going to be VERY disappointing. Let me break it down. We ALL know that the Black Goku arc is based on Dragon Ball: Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Online. In those series, Mira and Towa were using devices (the "Time Passport") to create additional timelines, and that was putting such a huge strain on Universe 7 that it could blow it up. With the appearance of Black Goku's ring, it seems to strongly suggest that that is the path they are going to follow; creating new timelines through devices, and breaking these physical laws is what is threatening all of existence. And this is perfectly consistent with Toriyama's interview, especially since a battle that "transcends" time and space is very vague. But could I be wrong? I really hope so, but it doesn't seem very likely, so for now I remain skeptical.
I think you are too worried about it being a device.

Even if it is a device, it would be like that staff of Whis, Green Lantern's ring or Thor's Mjolnir.

And if so, it would probably be activated by his own ki.

It's a literal plot device, not a metaphorical one. Goku Black is plotting on causing large-scale destruction and obliterate Trunks by using something to find Trunks.

We can only hope and pray that toriyama delivers here queen because remember toriyama stated that black was going to do something that made it look impossible for goku and them to win so hopefully we get atleast one hardcore feat from goku black

Derpmaster9000 said:
We can only hope and pray that toriyama delivers here queen because remember toriyama stated that black was going to do something that made it look impossible for goku and them to win so hopefully we get atleast one hardcore feat from goku black
It was actually Trunks' voice actor who said that, and he said it of Episode 47, which we are past. He did absolutely nothing in that episode feat-wise to make us question that the Z Warriors are never going to beat him.

According to the episode titles, episode 51 will feature Mai and transcending time. Our 2-C feats we expected might just be thrown out the window for something that has to do with Mai.

After what they did to Gohan, I'm almost hoping we don't get new feats. That Super doesn't run past the confirmed 72 episodes. That Toei licenses the rights to DBZ haters like FUNimation. That Ben and Chad make Goku vs. Superman 3 with Goku losing in an even more humiliating fashion, worse than before, and that TeamFourStar helps them do it again. And I almost hope that when it comes to America, Super is overshadowed by One Punch Man. Heck, I almost hope that One Punch Man surpasses DBZ someday. Key word here being "almost."

@The Queen

Not to be rude, but I totally disagree with you. Sure One Punch Man is an amazing series with superior animation, but it doesn't have the fanbase the DBZ has here. OPM will be a success here, but DBS will be bigger due to the huge fanbase and the fact that almost every DBZ fan has been watching the subbed version of DBS, so I highly doubt the dubbed version will fail. Also, from this wiki's standards with feats and powers, yeah DBS is a bit of a disappointment, but let's be real here. As a child, did you watch DBZ just to get feats to prove that a DBZ character was better than another character from another verse, or did you watch it because you thought the story, the fights, the power ups, all of it was plain awesome? For most of the DBZ fanbase, they started watching because of the latter reason and I bet you did as well. DBS is gonna be hit here and as for the Goku vs Superman with ScrewTards, they're to arrogant to even say Goku has a remote chance at beating Superman. You know, I know, this whole wiki and most of the Internet (except for arrogant fools who believe ScrewTards) knows, that Goku would beat Superman any day of the week, now. In all honesty, we should just ignore ScrewTards and their spreading of false information. We have the arguments and the evidence to back up why Goku wins.

Now I agree with the whole Gohan thing, but if you think about it, is it really in Gohan's character to be like his father and become stronger? Throughout the entire series, eventhough Chi-Chi had a factor in it, Gohan had expressed in some way of pursuing the dream of being a scholar. Now he's that he's achieved it, I doubt he'll leave. I do agree that the ROF hairstyle was amazing and I want to see it return, but combined with the Ultimate Gohan body design. And who knows, Episode 52 (I think) Gohan and Trunks, might be the return of the Gohan we know or an explanation in depth as to why he stopped training.

I don't want to say anything more. It will just lead to more negativity and I might get banned if it gets bad enough.

The Queen Diclonius said:
I don't want to say anything more. It will just lead to more negativity and I might get banned if it gets bad enough.
Dude, if you get banned, I will literally fight for you. You shouldn't get banned for saying your opinion on a series as long as you're apart of the fanbase and are a bit disappointed as to where it's going.

I think it's because it reminds the others here of the last person who kept killing the mood in one of the last threads, Queen. Supposedly i've been told taht he was a DB supporter but ended up going on downplaying and hating the verse and supporters here on VS, which i think they're getting a similar vibe from you.

Not to hate you or anything, as i have no reason to. I'm just speaking out on why they might feel that way towards you now...

While we are tired of the negativity I doubt you'd get banned unless you say something real bad.

Well, I will still watch and probably enjoy the rest of Super for their action, story etc, my hope for other characters besides Zeno getting Tier 2, such as Beerus and the rest of the Gods has dropped severely, I now know not to expect anything feat wise from Super for the other characters, but will still watch it

^How did it drop when there has only been episodes released? I don't understand this logic tbh.. But to each their own.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^How did it drop when there has only been episodes released? I don't understand this logic tbh.. But to each their own.
I am merely keeping my hopes down to avoid possible huge disappointment in terms of feats, but I know DBS will deliver in terms of action, plus, its DB, its my fav franchise of all time, as you can tell by the name XD, I am not letting a lack op Tier 2 feats keeping me from enjoying my fav show

Dragonball will always be awesome to me, feats or not. We just really, REALLY, need them, I wouldn't even say a majority of the Internet believes us, even if we were seen or recommended to those on YouTuve, we'll be disregarded for being, "just a wiki" , and that most people think we give Goku to much credit or "wank him", I am not being negative by any means, i understand Strmi was banned for that, but being a Vs. debater and being a fan of Dragonball is incredibly stressing and annoying, Dragonball is a huge power creep series, but the majority can't see it, people are too bigoted and asinine to see Dragonball for how powerful it is, and it is part of what I hate more than anything... Not giving credit where credit is really due, combined with one of the things I like in entertainment most... Dragonball.

And now I have also realized something... Ever since episode 12 and Dragonball officially hit Cosmic status, have you guys noticed how people outside the Wiki and OBD started treating Universe level was "not much" and "average" all of a sudden?

Before episode 12: "HAH SSJ4 isn't that much it can only destroy the solar system" After episode 12: "HAH, SSJG isn't that much it can only destroy most of not all of the universe, that isn't much.

I am just starting to feel this tangible aura on Dragonball that even if people see Dragonball as that powerful, people all of a sudden raise their standards, DBZ hits Tier 2-C, there will be that Tier 2-B, DBZ hits 2-B there'll be that Tier 2-A, that they will ALWAYS be compared to...

I am not being negative I am just explaining and pointing out, just how BAD Dragonball's situation is in the VS, community outside of OBD and Vs. Battle Wiki, I just want this arc to hit HOME!

^Sad thing is this is so true. Sadly DB fans are the reason for this. Due to the "fans" who overhyped and wanked the series, people look down on it. While verses such as Kirby and of course Pokemon look down on like DB. DB is the biggest victim of this. No one seems to have a problem with the recent Digimon Upgrades me and Darkaine just did months ago. But as soon as DB gets an upgrade, the words "wank", "outlier" and "so what" are thrown around...

Goku Black is no mere being. I think one of the recent events even states what Goku's true identity supposed to be, but we'll have to wait until July.

Man,i can't believe you people just want feats.I'm pretty sure most of you would rather have ultra super amazing feats than actual great story and action.

What a great logic

And yea,him and several others has been banned because they were trying to point out how Beerus & Whis are not more than a trillion times stronger than SPC who is SS and yet,they are universal.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Sad thing is this is so true. Sadly DB fans are the reason for this. Due to the "fans" who overhyped and wanked the series, people look down on it. While verses such as Kirby and of course Pokemon look down on like DB. DB is the biggest victim of this. No one seems to have a problem with the recent Digimon Upgrades me and Darkaine just did months ago. But as soon as DB gets an upgrade, the words "wank", "outlier" and "so what" are thrown around...
I know man and it sucks, plus most of the community are not wankers anymore and have smartened up over the years, I am willing to bet that had it not been for GvS, DB wouldn't be in this situation, Saitama only made it worse, now Goku has 2 "limitless" Tards to deal with, even Sonic is given more credit than Goku, and he gets WAAAY more wank, especially nowadays.

It's always gonna be "wank", "so what/who cares", or "still Isn't limitless" with Dragonball until we get a Multiverse+ or higher feat, I am just hoping it's not "Mai's feelings" the only thing surpassing space and time or I will literally go into a catatonic rage, I am not joking...

Are we going to keep on-topic about the later events of how Goku Black vs the others in Universe 7 would turn out to be please, instead of devolving it into simple "We want feats, meta stuff"?

KingIV said:
Man,i can't believe you people just want feats.I'm pretty sure most of you would rather have ultra super amazing feats than actual great story and action.
What a great logic

And yea,him and several others has been banned because they were trying to point out how Beerus & Whis are not more than a trillion times stronger than SPC who is SS and yet,they are universal.
I'm really not sold on this arc's story line. Like I said, I think it's something taken straight out of bad DBZ fanfiction. The feats were ALL I had to look forward to in this arc. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next one provided this one doesn't deliver.

I was looking forward to the Future Mai x Future Trunks ship... aaand they killed Mai on the first episode. And I was perfectly fine, even after I heard the narrator's dialogue, confirming that she was dead.. and dead... and dead indeed...

^we have a shipper in our midst, a pissed off one at that, the episode titles will do interesting things for the story, Mai MIGHT be alive or come back to life with episode 51's title

Master Xar said:
^we have a shipper in our midst, a pissed off one at that, the episode titles will do interesting things for the story, Mai MIGHT be alive or come back to life with episode 51's title
She will be brought back by the power of LOVE!

nothing ever happened here, move o

Really guys? I mean come on all this talk about how dragon ball super being a let down is killing me. Its only been two episodes now come on people what happen to all those guys on last discussion who where hyped as hell about this new arc and now that it didn't deliver some might give up on it. I mean it still has a good story and action in my opinion and I'm pretty sure they won't let use down.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Really guys? I mean come on all this talk about how dragon ball super being a let down is killing me. Its only been two episodes now come on people what happen to all those guys on last discussion who where hyped as hell about this new arc and now that it didn't deliver some might give up on it. I mean it still has a good story and action in my opinion and I'm pretty sure they won't let use down.
Two episodes, huh?

> First episode, makes Mai "seem" dead, me: "I hope she's still alive"

> Second one, narrator: "lol nope, she ded"

mai ship.. y u do dis toei.

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying these new episodes. I just want to get my ship back.

Two episodes, huh?

> First episode, makes Mai "seem" dead, me: "I hope she's still alive"

> Second one, narrator: "lol nope, she ded"

mai ship.. y u do dis toei.

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying these new episodes. I just want to murder everyone at Toei Animation and burn down the entire studio if I don't get my ship back.

Your beginning to frighten me lol

OK, Alexcar. That's seriously inappropriate and quite homicidal. Please stop that. You in your right mind should know intentionally giving death threats to anyone is not acceptable, whether it's to users or to Toei.

Dekoshu said:
OK, Alexcar. That's seriously inappropriate and quite homicidal. Please stop that. You in your right mind should know intentionally giving death threats to anyone is not acceptable, whether it's to users or to Toei.
Buggy god

OK. Anyway, only a few more days to see what's going to currently happen with Goku Black. Then, we'll see in Future Trunks listen to reason that the Goku he sees happens to be fully alive and revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back