• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

based on that panel it'd be like medium star in size, assuming the suns tiny.
to be honest even if you think their stars are just red dwarf stars that still makes Namek extremely huge especially for a rocky planet. even attempting to destroy it would take way too much energy

Who knows, maybe they're three tiny suns with weak gravity.
no you need a minimum amount of gravity to become a star or else they’d be what we call “brown dwarfs” or “super-jupiter” type planets. it’s actually impossible for them to be smaller than a red dwarf star unless it’s stated somewhere

and if we assume they’re at least red dwarf stars (doesn’t look like it but eh) then Namek is extremely large by that measure

Yes, restore the Universes AFTER they got erased by Zeno, what don't qualifies as in-wiki definition of restoration
When Super shenron brought back those erased, he also placed them back onto their universes, so it wasn't like a restorative do-over either
Can we do anything with density of planet since planet namek being in three star system and wouldn't getting ripped apart to shreds would mean that it has a very high density
The combined gravitational force of 3 stars on the planet will need to be done first, also, GBE would be the more appropriate value of resisting being pulled apart by the suns iirc, not average density

Last edited:
The combined gravitational force of 3 stars on the planet will need to be done first, also, GBE would be the more appropriate value of resisting being pulled apart by the suns iirc, kor average density
IMO using a size approximation works better here since we already know it was an earth-like gravity

IMO using a size approximation works better here since we already know it was an earth-like gravity
Well, judging by the fact that Bulma isn't baked upon standing on the surface, I am assuming the distance to the suns in the sky is at least the same as Earth to our sun, that may be useful

huh this is actually not bad but I feel like whoever did this didn’t have the scans that we had here to justify the size further but the conclusion seems about right to me. Eyeballing it I was thinking it could be around small star level GBE too although idk if we should use the manga or Kai version for busting it
I Mean, we don't use the Piccolo moon busting from kai, so ig we wouldn't use the namek bust as well

What do you guys think of these

It's interesting, not sure this many calculation steps will be accepted tho, but then again, he didn't have as many shots of the planet

But tbh, in almost every shot, namek seems bigger than the stars around it

huh this is actually not bad but I feel like whoever did this didn’t have the scans that we had here to justify the size further but the conclusion seems about right to me. Eyeballing it I was thinking it could be around small star level GBE too although idk if we should use the manga or Kai version for busting it
Kai is only used for time frame, actual feat uses the manga

pretty much makes dodoria’s statement about namek’s size a load of crap.
funny thing is even the low end of that calc is above Cell’s solar system busting calc and would probably push manga DBZ into 4-A

also if the size does get to around star sized then it might be worth doing some speed calcs too for the characters who traversed Namek

funny thing is even the low end of that calc is above Cell’s solar system busting calc and would probably push manga DBZ into 4-A

also if the size does get to around star sized then it might be worth doing some speed calcs too for the characters who traversed Namek
Nah, make that the new baseline planet size due to being a "small planet" and upgrade everyone GG

Not exactly, he just said it wasn't too big a planet iirc, not that it was small, he could've seen bigger ones, planet Vegeta for example was called enormous in the broly novelization that null posted in the Vegeta downgrade attempt. It's definitely larger than an average one tho
Meh, that calc would not be accepted here tbh, the speed of the blast there was calced at ftl (1.3E9m/s), KE wouldn't work
Maybe so

Not exactly, he just said it wasn't too big a planet iirc, not that it was small, he could've seen bigger ones, planet Vegeta for example was called enormous in the broly novelization that null posted in the Vegeta downgrade attempt. It's definitely larger than an average one tho
That might upgrade the size of planet Vegeta even more lmao
Meh, that calc would not be accepted here tbh, the speed of the blast there was calced at ftl (1.3E9m/s), KE wouldn't work
pretty sure we could still use relativistic KE with the manga version

Unless they got the speed directly from the manga itself and it was relativistic, won't be allowed either
if you used the manga version for the size of the explosion and the time frame from Kai I’m pretty sure it comes out to relativistic

on that note we might actually get a higher value given the sheer number of scans we have to justify the size too. 4-B SSJ Goku doesn’t sound bad

if you used the manga version for the size of the explosion and the time frame from Kai I’m pretty sure it comes out to relativistic
Do we even have a manga Namek explosion calc? I mean, no one has definitely made an accepted calculation of its size alone let alone the manga destruction

Do we even have a manga Namek explosion calc? I mean, no one has definitely made an accepted calculation of its size alone let alone the manga destruction
i don’t think we do because no one really cared to but with this it might warrant a calc too now. 4-B SSJ Goku is too good to pass up

Back