• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

while I wouldnt call it "bitching out" its clear that THEY were the ones motivated and organized to oppose a conclusion most users and mods alike agreed to, ever since I read that thread the intentions and strategies of people like Damage have become clear to me

forgive me if you're reading this Damage i have nothing against you personally but I can no longer see any good faith in anything you argue at this point with regards to dragon ball at least (and to an extent even Naruto). while I disagree with Topaz on a number of things one thing she brilliantly displayed in her 5-C thread is how a majority of your arguments are full of either disingenuous strawmen to incredulous thinking because something doesnt meet the "standards" of your liking that you conjured up on the spot conveniently
Mav can catch all this heat tho, drops a vote against DB supporters and literally contributes nothing to support said argument afterwards. Btw, Damage also did this for Tier 5 One Piece. (Mav, if you're seeing this, too bad, do better)

Anyways, I'm leaving my very limited work to you. I will be there in spirit, but my brain just can't handle the shitstorm of double standards that CRT's gonna brew up. After the anime revisions get (possibly) accepted, I can start working on the manga ones since they are pretty much the same, just with a few key differences and a LOT more feats.

while I wouldnt call it "bitching out" its clear that THEY were the ones motivated and organized to oppose a conclusion most users and mods alike agreed to, ever since I read that thread the intentions and strategies of people like Damage have become clear to me

forgive me if you're reading this Damage i have nothing against you personally but I can no longer see any good faith in anything you argue at this point with regards to dragon ball at least (and to an extent even Naruto). while I disagree with Topaz on a number of things one thing she brilliantly displayed in her 5-C thread is how a majority of your arguments are full of either disingenuous strawmen to incredulous thinking because something doesnt meet the "standards" of your liking that you conjured up on the spot conveniently

I hope this doesnt sound too crude, as i said i dont have anything against you personally I just dislike your manner of argumentation
It's good to know that everyone has the same opinion on this subject.

Mav can catch all this heat tho, drops a vote against DB supporters and literally contributes nothing to support said argument afterwards. Btw, Damage also did this for Tier 5 One Piece. (Mav, if you're seeing this, too bad, do better)
i havent seen too much of Mav so no opinion on that but Damage seems to be the important one here. I dont mind that anyone disagrees not even Damage what I do find a bit frustrating is how often his arguments revolve around what he considers to be the best evidence according to his made up standards as opposed to evaluating whether something meets the Wiki standard (which is seen in the previous uncomposite thread when he was one of the few mods who voted against keeping the cosmology when pretty much everyone else agreed).

while I understand this is hard to do for something as ambiguous as deciding on canonicity of a cosmology since there's no strict wiki guidelines for it I still cant help but feel that he is using this vagueness to his advantage in imposing his standards

i havent seen too much of Mav so no opinion on that but Damage seems to be the important one here. I dont mind that anyone disagrees not even Damage what I do find a bit frustrating is how often his arguments revolve around what he considers to be the best evidence according to his made up standards as opposed to evaluating whether something meets the Wiki standard (which is seen in the previous uncomposite thread when he was one of the few mods who voted against keeping the cosmology when pretty much everyone else agreed).

while I understand this is hard to do for something as ambiguous as deciding on canonicity of a cosmology since there's no strict wiki guidelines for it I still cant help but feel that he is using this vagueness to his advantage in imposing his standards
I also feel as if many of the DB opponents use the argument of "DB fans can't read" and acting like we don't know this shit as a tool against actual, credible, and quality arguments. They also don't read the arguments DB supporters use and just completely ignore them like they never existed (it happened more times than I can count in that thread).

Not to mention Fujiwara coming in just to make things worse by instigating and having a mod literally encourage it.

Dragon Ball as a verse on this site is just a punching bag.

I also feel as if many of the DB opponents use the argument of "DB fans can't read" and acting like we don't know this shit as a tool against actual, credible, and quality arguments. They also don't read the arguments DB supporters use and just completely ignore them like they never existed (it happened more times than I can count in that thread).

Not to mention Fujiwara coming in just to make things worse by instigating and having a mod literally encourage it.

Today i heard the funniest thing in the world

"This argument was refuted in 2018"

"Planet Vegeta was destroyed by the core"

It used to be about the 4 galaxies, which was in fact sectors, but they swore that DB only had 4 galaxies 🤣

to me Dragon Ball is a melting pot of everyone and their mother's opinion on how the verse should be like on the wiki (and let me be the first to say not every opinion is worth listening to or replying to which is why I didnt bother responding to Topaz). on one hand you have Saint Seiya that no one could be bothered to give a rat's ass about and changes are impossible to pass. on the other hand you have DB which is so popular that too many large changes happen too quickly and the verse never seems to be able to "rest"

I hope this doesnt sound too crude, as i said i dont have anything against you personally I just dislike your manner of argumentation

Meh, if it helps at all, Dragon Ball and Naruto are among my favorite series. I don't treat them any more harshly or with more scrutiny than I would treat literally any other verse on the wiki.

My "method of argumentation" has been relatively consistent for the last eight years and will likely continue as such for the next eight too. I don't expect everyone to see things the same way as I do.

to me Dragon Ball is a melting pot of everyone and their mother's opinion on how the verse should be like on the wiki (and let me be the first to say not every opinion is worth listening to or replying to which is why I didnt bother responding to Topaz). on one hand you have Saint Seiya that no one could be bothered to give a rat's ass about and changes are impossible to pass. on the other hand you have DB which is so popular that too many large changes happen too quickly and the verse never seems to be able to "rest"
Amen

Safe to say that Extraordinary Genius Goku will be a very difficult challenge. I think for the sake of keeping my sanity intact for my other intelligence CRTs, I'll hand this off to whoever wants to take this on:

And once that's out of the way, here's the next step:

I think that an "At least Genius, likely Extraodinary Genius" to Goku looks like the bare minimum

Meh, if it helps at all, Dragon Ball and Naruto are among my favorite series. I don't treat them any more harshly or with more scrutiny than I would treat literally any other verse on the wiki.
i believe you. That doesnt really change anything. you can love a verse but want it to not be wanked (i'll presume this is how you view DB right now) there are verses Im like that with as well, the opposite is also true in some cases. still from what I've seen you tend to be quite pedantic and seem to demand a standard of evidence that almost always seems to be just out of the reach
My "method of argumentation" has been relatively consistent for the last eight years and will likely continue as such for the next eight too. I don't expect everyone to see things the same way as I do.
I dont know if that's necessarily a good thing. I've been into vs debating for an even longer time and i've evolved my method of argumentation as time has went on Im sure most people have in fact

If this is love i don't even want to imagine what you hate 🤣
Your methods are not attractive, which is why there are several people complaining about your attitude in Dragon Ball.

Ok but that still doesn’t make any sense. If they had some ungodly skill gap, it wouldn’t matter how equal their stats are, one would still stomp the others. And yet they have very even fights. So their skill scales to one another

Isn’t vegeta = to goku?
Goku is just built different🗿

Yes, but Vegeta's methods prior weren't as efficient as Goku's. He only recently started incorporating Goku's habits in training. And even though he has beaten him in almost every canon fight, he admits inferiority at times. Also he can't beat a major villain to save his ass.
Pretty much that, even though they can keep up with each other in combat, Goku showed better fight-analysis and likely turned a skilled Martial artist (Basically skilled at the same level of his Grandpa) earlier than Vegeta

If this is love i don't even want to imagine what you hate 🤣

Haha, I see what you mean but what people would find hard to believe is that I wouldn't go out of my way to downgrade a verse that I hate... I just wouldn't actively engage with it. Fairy Tail is a manga I'm fairly neutral on and for a long while I disliked it... so I just avoided it on the wiki. I like it more now, but not enough to delve too deeply into the scaling.

Your methods are not attractive, which is why there are several people complaining about your attitude in Dragon Ball.

I don't think most people would like a guy who proposes downgrades regardless of how good their arguments are. While I can see how some of my past arguments can be seen in a negative light, I thought my recent downgrade thread for the DBS manga was well-researched and thorough.

I think as a mod there should be a bit of self-evaluation, because as one, you are the face of the wiki, and your word takes precedence over ours. When we can't speak, or can't make as bold of moves, we call to people like you. When we need a voice of reason, mods are typically that reason. And the influence of what one mod says can very easily tip the scales of the ideals of other mods because they take your word above ours mostly.

Your way of arguing is creating a negative space whenever you enter that reeks of bias (even when you say it does not). Our reputation is already shot as is on this site, but when every CRT is just mods jumping to vote against it, with you sometimes spearheading it, it doesn't help.

Eh other than his manner of arguing i feel his attitude is generally fine. have you seen Topaz? she almost seems to have a mental breakdown whenever she doesnt get her way to the point of blatant disrespect towards both members and staff alike

that and Veronica

Yeah like Vegeta scales in skill to Goku (alongside literally every enemy they've battled too)
I never said Vegeta was less skilled than Goku, it's just that Goku crossed many skill milestones faster than he did and made better methods to his growth much quicker. While Vegeta sought to reach a higher power through a higher grade of SSJ, Goku mastered the normal grade so he can maintain speed.

I don't think most people would like a guy who proposes downgrades regardless of how good their arguments are. While I can see how some of my past arguments can be seen in a negative light, I thought my recent downgrade thread for the DBS manga was well-researched and thorough.
Yeah i'll give you that, that downgrade was fair game and something even I pondered for a bit but never bothered bringing it up

I think as a mod there should be a bit of self-evaluation, because as one, you are the face of the wiki, and your word takes precedence over ours. When we can't speak, or can't make as bold of moves, we call to people like you. When we need a voice of reason, mods are typically that reason. And the influence of what one mod says can very easily tip the scales of the ideals of other mods because they take your word above ours mostly.

Your way of arguing is creating a negative space whenever you enter that reeks of bias (even when you say it does not). Our reputation is already shot as is on this site, but when every CRT is just mods jumping to vote against it, with you sometimes spearheading it, it doesn't help.

I can't not cast vote on a CRT I'm interested in just because I've got to keep in mind how it might shape people's perception of me. I can compromise, I can change my mind when persauded by the evidence and arguments, and I can concede - but I don't want to just appeal to the masses. But these comments have given me more to think about, thank you.

Real talk, the thing about Damage is that as a relatively older user, I can attest to the lad not really acting any differently than normal. One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, DB, bro is consistent. It really is just an argumentation style from what I see.

I have a hypothesis that Damage is a cyborg who needs downgrades and rejected upgrades to survive, and has to fulfill a certain quota a month or he will perish.

I can't not cast vote on a CRT I'm interested in just because I've got to keep in mind how it might shape people's perception of me. I can compromise, I can change my mind when persauded by the evidence and arguments, and I can concede - but I don't want to just appeal to the masses. But these comments have given me more to think about, thank you.
Hey, don't mention it, I'm just an infant on this wiki after all, hell, I came here for one CRT and ended up diving a bit deeper than I thought I would.

Real talk, the thing about Damage is that as a relatively older user, I can attest to the lad not really acting any differently than normal. One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, DB, bro is consistent. It really is just an argumentation style from what I see.

I have a hypothesis that Damage is a cyborg who needs downgrades and rejected upgrades to survive, and has to fulfill a certain quota a month or he will perish.
unironically. that explains the consistency at least.

Back