• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

When were the Super Dragon Balls stated to be smaller than an average planet,
My bad, I forgot to add the link, added it. I however calculated the planets using the same size as the SDBs as a conservative estimate.
and,—forgive my ignorance,—why would they have a GBE if they aren't celestial bodies?
A celestial object is basically any object outside the Earth's atmosphere, as for GBE, this is based on their size, everything has gravity, at a certain size, a celestial objects gravity causes it to be spherical, which is why planets and stars are shaped that way

That doesn't necessarily imply that they're smaller than planets though. If you a guy who was 170 cm tall and another guy who was 180 cm tall, you could say that the second guy is "almost the same size as the first guy".
no this is a flawed example. The key context here is that champa has been a destroyer god for eons and although even lazier than Beerus he has definitely traveled across the universe, seen and destroyed his fair share of planets. so when he compares a celestial objects and says that it is almost (but not quite) as large as planets (the only assumption here is that he's referring to an average planet predicated on his status as an old destroyer since no other assumption would really make sense, and no one else disagreed with him) it necessarily means that those planets are still bigger than the dragon balls. Its pretty clear cut logic the only "leap of faith" (which it really isnt) is if you trust champa enough to be knowledgeable about the size of an average planet
There are also planets that factually have a bigger size than the Super Dragon Balls anyway like Neptune, Uranus, etc.
yeah but that doesnt really contradict anything
Nowhere is it implied that places like Namek or Planet Vegeta are bigger or comparable in size to the Super Dragon Balls.
they're a good estimate of an "average" planet in dragon ball universe. they're never stated to be extremely large but they're never referred to as a small planet like Earth has been

When were the Super Dragon Balls stated to be smaller than an average planet, and...
I imagine he's using the implication from Champa. Champa says they are almost the size of a planet, which would technically inherently mean they must be by some UNKNOWN/UNQUANTIFIABLE (BIG EMPHASIS HERE) extent smaller than a Planet. Though how relevant that is, is up to your own milage, I think.

Last edited:
I imagine he's using the implication from Champa. Champa says they are almost the size of a planet, which would technically inherently mean they must be by some UNKNOWN/UNQUANTIFIABLE (BIG EMPHASIS HERE) extent smaller than a Planet. Though how relevant that is, is up to your own milage, I think.
It's impossible to know how much smaller, much safer to instead assume they are equal and get a conservative value for both methods

Both methods have very similar values, that were just 1.4x apart anyway

btw I'm pretty serious about the 4-A cell saga shit. I really see no way to refute it unless you somehow prove that statement is false because not only have we never actually seen the db solar system entirely but because there is no contradicting statements for it in the series and even if some part of the solar system is shown that visual is not enough to disprove it. at worst that statement can be interpreted as the solar system being a nebula that contains at least one star (the sun) and numerous other planets (far greater than known ones) which would still be perfectly fine as we mostly just need the extremely large distances/size of a nebula to get higher results
And that’s not mentioning the possibility that the Sun of Dragon Ball is bigger

nice work! its like 10x lower than large planet level.
The lower end is approximately 4x lower than large planet baseline, the higher end is approximately 2.9x lower baseline
This combined with the fact that planet vegeta had 10X earth's gravity meaning much higher mass than just 10X that of earth would probably bump the calc back to or very close to small star level
If we assume planet Vegeta was at least average sized, with 10x earth gravity, it would be large planet GBE at about 34x baseline, if we assume it's the same size as Earth but super dense, then it's still large planet but just 1.5x baseline as even with the lower end, Goku at

The main benefit of my calc is that it gives Saiyan saga characters an actual path to large planet level tier without that namek back scaling. The lower end gets them to planet+ at the end of Saiyan saga (1.24x beneath baseline large planet) and large planet at the start of namek saga, higher end gets them to roughly baseline large planet at Goku's KK*4 which Vegeta would scale to in base, his oozaru can be directly scaled from Namek as its power level is in line with the saga

The lower end is approximately 4x lower than large planet baseline, the higher end is approximately 2.9x lower baseline

If we assume planet Vegeta was at least average sized, with 10x earth gravity, it would be large planet GBE at about 34x baseline, if we assume it's the same size as Earth but super dense, then it's still large planet but just 1.5x baseline as even with the lower end, Goku at

The main benefit of my calc is that it gives Saiyan saga characters an actual path to large planet level tier without that namek back scaling. The lower end gets them to planet+ at the end of Saiyan saga (1.24x beneath baseline large planet) and large planet at the start of namek saga, higher end gets them to roughly baseline large planet at Goku's KK*4 which Vegeta would scale to in base, his oozaru can be directly scaled from Namek as its power level is in line with the saga
this is the safest assumption. Planet vegeta is never stated to be a small planet like earth and in all of its depiction its shown to be rather big and probably the only planet we know of that has a 10X gravity besides King Kai's world so the safest assumption is that its an average sized planet. blowing up a planet such as that would probably be closer to small star level

this is the safest assumption. Planet vegeta is never stated to be a small planet like earth and in all of its depiction its shown to be rather big and probably the only planet we know of that has a 10X gravity besides King Kai's world so the safest assumption is that its an average sized planet. blowing up a planet such as that would probably be closer to small star level
Decided to bite the bullet and redo the Frieza calc with Vegeta's diameter equal to a Super Dragon Ball.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Low 4-C and just a hair below 2x baseline.

Back