• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Also people aren't looking at this as is. We're getting a series exploring the magic sides of dragon ball before we get to everyone's favorite Magic Goat which means we can maybe see more of a focus on otherwordly abilities from Moro given the continuation of the Super anime after.

at least that's how I'm seeing it
Also, if I'm not mistaken, we even saw a Magic circle in the teaser

Chapter 98 drafts are out. I doubt anyone cares for spoilers but I'll tag it anyways.

Fat Gotenks cracks Cell Max's head like in the movie. And also barely dodges a pointblank mouth blast from Cell Max. Scaling his strength above anyone who couldn't harm Cell Max and giving him a viable speed feat. Oh also, he takes a full body punch from Cell Max and walks it off.

Second half has Gamma 2 in space about to sacrifice himself. We don't really have that much left from the movie after these first 8 pages. Giant Orange Piccolo, Piccolo's 'death', Beast Gohan vs Cell Max. Toyo could end the arc this chapter if he wanted.

Yeah like those isekai anime. Also it would be interesting if they viewed the images of Goku and Vegeta fighting using magic. Speaks about it's range.
Official sources say DB Magic/Daimo will be based on RPG's and that it will be featuring some Dragon Quest artists...

So this can only mean two words: "Hax" and "Magic".

And it doesn't help the fact that Babidi appears in the trailer, which reinforces the fact.

I’ll forgive TOEI if they make SSJ4 canon with this.
If they give us more Hax/Op abilities, I will be satisfied, since this Anime main focus will be Magic, and is inspired in RPGs, like Dragon Quest and the like (Official sources states this)

Dragon Ball needs more Hax, not more transformations or power ups for now....

But I also hope SS4 appears aswell, since the SS4 designer was hired for this project

If they give us more Hax/Op abilities, I will be satisfied, since this Anime main focus will be Magic, and is inspired in RPGs, like Dragon Quest and the like (Official sources states this)

Dragon Ball needs more Hax, not more transformations or power ups for now....

But I also hope SS4 appears aswell, since the SS4 designer was hired for this project
Dragon Ball is known for incredible strength and speed, not hax. Why not do what Dragon Ball does best? It really doesn’t need some extremely complex power systems and hax

Dragon Ball is known for incredible strength and speed, not hax. Why not do what Dragon Ball does best? It really doesn’t need some extremely complex power systems and hax
Wouldn't it be better to combine both mechanics?

Btw, I think this a breath of fresh air, I'm open for something different (Is my opinion regardless)..
Also, Dragon Ball being all about punches wasn't what Toriyama originally wanted. He's more about RPG, fantasy stuff, remember he doesn't own Dragon Ball completely. Not even in Z he was as involved as he will be in this new series.
Think that we can see SS4 being added in this new DB Anime, since the SS4 creator is hired for this series.

Aswell as we can explore how Magic really works on DB, we can also know more about the Demon realm, Makaioshin/Demons, new abilities, new possibilities in general.

I'm not conservative in this regard, I'm open to explore new ideas. This certainly gives me OG Dragon Ball vibes, and I'm for it, Toriyama had this in mind for a long time, and I'm glad he decided to show it on panel...

Man, I was rewatching the Zamasu saga arc, and it looks like Zamasu is using justice as an energy (I don't know if you noticed, but every time he raises his hands up and calls out the light of justice), purple rays literally appear from his clouds, in addition to mentioning several times about justice every moment in your saga and know the meaning

Look I like ssj4 as the next guy but there's no point bringing it back in this new series especially when we know UI is the main transformation for Goku as of now

That's why it's getting dogged by the skeleton.
No its getting dogged because VSwiki seems to think creating extremely contrived matchups where every possible advantage is given to then skeleton is fair and how fights would/should actually go. Try telling someone with a straight face that Sans doesn't get blitzed tf out of by Kid Goku in a normal neutral setting. If you had said someone like Rimuru I would agree since he's extremely haxxed but Sans matchups are just stupid af

I find it funny how speed-based characters get screwed over here. If Dyspo has equalised speed to a mfer and uses his Light Bullet to multiply his speed by thousands of times the match wouldn't get passed because he won from a speed advantage.

No its getting dogged because VSwiki seems to think creating extremely contrived matchups where every possible advantage is given to then skeleton is fair and how fights would/should actually go. Try telling someone with a straight face that Sans doesn't get blitzed tf out of by Kid Goku in a normal neutral setting. If you had said someone like Rimuru I would agree since he's extremely haxxed but Sans matchups are just stupid af
That's why Invisible Dragon is the best

I find it funny how speed-based characters get screwed over here. If Dyspo has equalised speed to a mfer and uses his Light Bullet to multiply his speed by thousands of times the match wouldn't get passed because he won from a speed advantage.
It’s only if the opponent was ordinarily faster, but I get ya

I think ssj4 would be nice, but only if Goku loses access to it when daima ends. Since UI is already his shiny new form(though I guess it’s not very new)

Back