• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Commenting on this for a second, although a bit off-topic (not uncommon in discussion threads though). I'll spoiler tag because some people here probably haven't seen the recent OPM manga.

Saitama's rate of growth is being wanked out of proportion. To begin with, Saitama's rate of growth, under normal circumstances, is not what he displayed against Garou. The narrator itself outright says that Saitama's rate of growth, which had gone unnoticed as no one was close to his power (implying he is indeed always growing), suddenly skyrocketed due to an intense amount of a specific emotion that he had literally never felt before, which simultaneously debunks the theory that it's specifically because he was rivaled, if Saitama saying he felt nothing from that fact wasn't already enough. Because Saitama has felt that emotion before, it's why he wants to feel it again, because he became addicted to the thrill of a real fight. He does still grow faster than any normal person obviously, which might be amplified if he is fighting with an equal or stronger opponent, but it's not gonna be the same as what happened with Garou, and to even say his normal combat growth would even be higher than a "normal" Saiyan's, even Goku as an example, is, honestly, just headcanon.

It has to be AT LEAST Golden Freeza. Parts of his face are shaded differently so it can't be base.

I think it's probably Black Freeza, but I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up being Golden.

saiyans growth rate is garbage compared to saitamas lmao
Goku going from being glared away by an extremely suppressed Jiren with SSJBKKX20 to being able to fight casually with an extremely suppressed Jiren while chatting as a heavily exhausted SSJB, is garbage compared to Saitama's unknown rate of growth when unamplified? Based on what exactly? As I said, his rate of growth displayed against Garou is outright, factually not consistent with his common rate of growth.

Goku going from being glared away by an extremely suppressed Jiren with SSJBKKX20 to being able to fight casually with an extremely suppressed Jiren while chatting as a heavily exhausted SSJB, is garbage compared to Saitama's unknown rate of growth when unamplified? Based on what exactly? As I said, his rate of growth displayed against Garou is outright, factually not consistent with his common rate of growth.
how is it unknown when he literally outpaced someone who was actively copying his exact power level while also getting stronger in his own right, his power was increasing so immensely it was stated to be incalculable and immeasurable to the point where power mimicry was applicable anymore

how is it unknown when he literally outpaced someone who was actively copying his exact power level while also getting stronger in his own right, his power was increasing so immensely it was stated to be incalculable and immeasurable to the point where power mimicry was applicable anymore
Because that was an amplification, as I've said two times. The narrator literally says that his growth rate skyrocketed far above its normal level due to an emotional upsurge that he has never felt before that point. His usual, consistent rate of growth is much lower, to an unknown extent.

I think the main argument in Saitama vs Goku debate is that Saitama's copy ability is superior to Garou and Garou can apparently copy any physical strength level

Also another thing I don't get on this Wiki ..

Time Travel works differently in Dragon Ball compared to OPM. Changing the past doesn't affect the present in Dragonball ( and other verses). While in other verses changes in the past affect the present . Why do we always play by the rules of the latter?

I think the main argument in Saitama vs Goku debate is that Saitama's copy ability is superior to Garou and Garou can apparently copy any physical strength level
It's not quite the same. Garou can copy physical capabilities, hax, etc.. From what we saw and how it was described, Saitama doesn't necessarily have a legitimate copying power, or the same one as Garou. He's just very, very good at imitating things. The method he used to time travel was a "martial art technique" devised by Garou (as stupid as I know that sounds, it is canon), Saitama just did what Garou did, so well that, in addition to his raw power, he was capable of pulling off a technique that Garou made but couldn't use due to a lack of sufficient power. Outside of techniques that can be physically mimicked by even a normal person (just not to the same extent obviously), Saitama can't legitimately copy virtually anything. For example, nothing suggests he could copy the portals that Garou copied from Blast. In fact he likely would've done so if he could, seeing as he was in the process of copying Garou to mock him and saw Garou spam it numerous times. Basically, Saitama's power mimicry is more like Garou's previous power mimicry before his God power-up. He could copy martial arts, even supernatural martial arts, just by observing them, and he already created the time travel technique before accessing Cosmic Fear Mode, but couldn't use it. Back then, Garou's power wasn't legitimately to copy things, he was just an absurdly talented prodigy that could imitate things extremely well, that is most likely what Saitama's power is. Furthermore, it would be extremely OOC for Saitama to do that and only applicable if he's bloodlusted.

Watched it, not amazing tbh. Seth has made better analyses. It's not awful, but there's a lot of very questionable and outright wrong things here. He also kinda needs to pick if a side on how he wants to scale them, he's clearly being generous to both Saitama and Goku to leave no room for debate by taking them at their best arguable levels of strength, but sometimes he also chooses lowballs for one or the other, and sometimes just doesn't bring up extremely important points for one of them, including arguments and points he himself has brought up or even popularized previously, it's weird. Still, his overall conclusion is fine.

Watched it, not amazing tbh. Seth has made better analyses. It's not awful, but there's a lot of very questionable and outright wrong things here. He also kinda needs to pick if a side on how he wants to scale them, he's clearly being generous to both Saitama and Goku to leave no room for debate by taking them at their best arguable levels of strength, but sometimes he also chooses lowballs for one or the other, and sometimes just doesn't bring up extremely important points for one of them, including arguments and points he himself has brought up or even popularized previously, it's weird. Still, his overall conclusion is fine.
Elaborate further. What is exactly questionable or flat out wrong?

using anime feats to show buuhan is universal is sketchy since that doesn't scale to SSJG at all
Huh? He says anime buuhan was a universal threat and BoG Goku is vastly superior to that buuhan. What's the problem?

Even if you deny the anime feat it doesn't mess up any kind of scaling presented for Goku at all.

The problem is that that version of Buu does not exist in the Super continuity.
I forgot this site is goofy with its db stuff.

Refer back to the sentence you cropped out and realize that it doesn't matter as BoG Goku > anime buuhan is blatant anyways. Two different continuities or not.

Refer back to the sentence you cropped out and realize that it doesn't matter as BoG Goku > anime buuhan is blatant anyways. Two different continuities or not.
You can't scale the two to each other because they do not exist in the same continuity.
"Blatant"? You're either blatantly ignorant or blatantly stacking cards.

You can't scale the two to each other because they do not exist in the same continuity.
"Blatant"? You're either blatantly ignorant or blatantly stacking cards.
Are you dense? I stated that even if the feat is not considered at all Goku would still be superior to anime buuhan anyways.

I'm not using Buuhan's strength as the justification for BoG Goku scaling. The "BoG Goku > anime buuhan" statement is isolated and was to be taken as is.

Back