• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I think the most logical way to go about this if we want to do a calc is the most simple way, to just use the most impressive distance Goku has traveled with or can travel using IT in the manga up to now as a reference or baseline for the feat, and possibly even multiplying it by 5 due to how many times Goku needed to use IT to get back to Cereal. I specify manga because I'm pretty sure the DBS manga is accepted as following off of the DBZ manga in specific. Although I'm not sure if anything relevant about IT is different in the manga.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Vegeta, with a very basic version of Instant Transmission that he can't even use again, traveled from Planet Yardrat to Earth. That's another notable feat that Goku should naturally scale to.

Anyways, since the place Whis is at is described as a different realm, and also the second planet they teleported to in this chapter had people from Universe 6 in it, I don't think it's a stretch to at all say that they could have went a greater distance from Cereal to Whis than the Supreme Kai's planet is from King Yemma. Nothing strongly suggests otherwise.

Anyways, since the place Whis is at is described as a different realm, and also the second planet they teleported to in this chapter had people from Universe 6 in it, I don't think it's a stretch to at all say that they could have went a greater distance from Cereal to Whis than the Supreme Kai's planet is from King Yemma. Nothing strongly suggests otherwise.
those squids were near earth as goku asked them where earth was in the moro arc

Also, if the Otherworld part of the map is considered valid, disregarding the controversial Snake Way stuff, does that mean Namek being on another part of the universe from Earth is also considered valid? (Here, I mean)

main-qimg-760552a32a145e9bff05d90f7f2fdd7d

I really hate DBZ's cosmology... so god damn much.
Toriyama confirmed it in a guide statement 5 minutes ago. Apparently the main verse takes place within infinite structures each containing uncountably infinite stacks of infinite multiverses, each containing infinite universes. And the verse also has an infinite dimensional hierarchy. By the end of the series Goku will become high hyperverse level.

Inb4 next chapter we get a statement that the realm Whis was in is a dimension infinitely far away from Planet Cereal, thus giving Gas an infinite speed feat consistent with the previous Instant Transmission reaction speed feats. Infinite speed DBS manga PogU.

Toriyama confirmed it in a guide statement 5 minutes ago. Apparently the main verse takes place within infinite structures each containing uncountably infinite stacks of infinite multiverses, each containing infinite universes. And the verse also has an infinite dimensional hierarchy. By the end of the series Goku will become high hyperverse level.
Don’t talk to me 🗿

What Goku meant by whis being in a "different realm" is that it implies that if whis was on beerus' planet then he wouldn't reach him but he was lucky that whis was actually in the living world in a planet in space.
However this makes no sense at all considering that there are places in the living world that Goku can't reach via IT but he can go to places outside the living world easily.
This just screws the cosmology so bad that zeno is 3-A now.

Silence cool boy, I'm upgrading them to infinite speed, I'm just idle waiting for more evidence from the manga.

I don’t see a problem with Goku being able to IT to King Kai’s planet but not some faraway places within the mortal universe.

I don’t see a problem with Goku being able to IT to King Kai’s planet but not some faraway places within the mortal universe.
No it's a problem, because the living realm and the afterlife are different dimensions, this means that teleporting from the living world to the afterlife would always be a greater distance than teleporting between places in the living world. This would contradict them being spatially separate but that would contradict the guide statements and lore and everything.

The cosmology is shit.

this means that teleporting from the living world to the afterlife would always be a greater distance than teleporting between places in the living world.
Not really. Like regardless of if you line them up across the third or the fourth dimension. Earth is just "close" to the edge of the universe in the former scenario.

You think Zeno should be downgraded to 3-A?
No
Not really. Like regardless of if you line them up across the third or the fourth dimension. Earth is just "close" to the edge of the universe in the former scenario.
Irrelvant because Goku could go from king kai to namek directly which is situated in the center of otherworld and second because king kai's planet is at the center of otherworld where check in station is which means he can cross a universe diameter easily.

I think the reasoning behind why Goku is able to teleport to more distant places is due to:

#1. Characters spiking their ki to be more detectable

#2. Goku being familiar with each location he teleports to and their energy

Really though I think he should just ditch IT all together and learn Kai Kai from Shin tbh

I think the reasoning behind why Goku is able to teleport to more distant places is due to:

#1. Characters spiking their ki to be more detectable

#2. Goku being familiar with each location he teleports to and their energy

Really though I think he should just ditch IT all together and learn Kai Kai from Shin tbh
iirc Goku said his mastery over IT is far above someone like Gas. And i doubt he is going to ditch IT, due to it mechanic of ki lock-on it is better for combat

Irrelvant because Goku could go from king kai to namek directly which is situated in the center of otherworld and second because king kai's planet is at the center of otherworld where check in station is which means he can cross a universe diameter easily.
Well, that’s very interesting. That must mean that they’re separate space-times then in order for it to make sense.

Back