• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Can't believe gohan blanco is canon now

When are we getting the El Hermano movie next😤😤😤

Hope you guys don’t read MShadows full review. You guys are not ready for the insane retcon that took place.

I would say this probably changes the way we look at the movie verse. It is probably a different continuity from the anime altogether.

Hope you guys don’t read MShadows full review. You guys are not ready for the insane retcon that took place.

I would say this probably changes the way we look at the movie verse. It is probably a different continuity from the anime altogether.
🤨I'm interested if u have it dm it to me pls

that’s one of the many. The one is talking about is a power retcon that is supported by one of the most reliables characters in the series.

Last edited:
For anyone that wants to know
Vegeta is meditating to mimick Jiren. He says that the gap in power between Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren, was not that big back then, and it was his focus that made every attack 100% efficient and why Jiren was so overwhelming
Thing is, after he says that, Whis supports the statement too, and encourages Goku to try it as well.

For anyone that wants to know
Vegeta is meditating to mimick Jiren. He says that the gap in power between Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren, was not that big back then, and it was his focus that made every attack 100% efficient and why Jiren was so overwhelming
Thing is, after he says that, Whis supports the statement too, and encourages Goku to try it as well.
?
And?... That's barely an inconvenience for scaling

?
And?... That's barely an inconvenience for scaling
That’s not barely an inconvenience. That’s extremely inconvenient. he was far stronger than SSBE by far, like 2 power ups of a difference, 3 if he only went all out at the start of episode 130 (prior to awakening).

Either what Vegeta said mean they are not using maximum efficiency of their form or thing got ret-con, or SSBE and SSBKKx20 was not that superior to SSB alone and UI boost was not a huge boost either.
Or it is because of us power scaler made those power boost seem big while in reality it is not

Either what Vegeta said mean they are not using maximum efficiency of their form or thing got ret-con, or SSBE and SSBKKx20 was not that superior to SSB alone and UI boost was not a huge boost either.
Or it is because of us power scaler made those power boost seem big while in reality it is not
That last line is all of power scaling in every franchise, yes.

Yeah, this another continuity tho.

Why it should be 100% from the Anime?

If we didn't see Blue Evo or SSBK, that's a hint.

Becouse this movie is heavily retconned?...

And perhaps becouse neither Blue Evo or SSBK are present, like in the Broly movie aswell???

We have 0 proof or confirmation that this movie follows the anime.

The same happens with the Broly movie.
This could be it 's own movie continuity.
The only way it could follow Anime timeline is if it gets adapted, like ROF and BOG

Are Blue Kaio-ken and Evolution not appearing your only evidence against this notion?
Pan not being able to fly till the end of the movie, when in Super she could do that as a baby.

The gap between Vegeta and Goku not being that high, when MUI Goku was slightly stronger than Evo Vegeta in the TOP.

By the way, why do you think this movie follows Anime, and not the manga???....

Or better, why don't you think this DBS Movies have their own continuity??

How can we be sure that it folllows the anime, when we have 0 proof, not even a official statement.

Putting this as confirmed continuity is a huge speculation..

No, the Broly movie explicitly continues from the ending of the anime.
Nope, it doesn't specify if it follows the Anime or manga.

This is just pure speculation.

And the fact that Goku was in trouble with Broly, to the point of nearly dying but he didn't resort to use SSBK is kinda sus, the same goes for Vegeta.

See, till DB Super super Heroes gets adapted to the anime, we can't treat it as a confirmed continuity of the anime.
We should do like what we did with BOG and ROF, in BOG the thing about Beerus using 70/60% of his power was retconned.

Idk what the hell is happening anymore

Pan can't fly is just another PIS to serve the plot, or simply they forget it again

Idk what the hell is happening anymore

Pan can't fly is just another PIS to serve the plot, or simply they forget it again
This movie should follow both continuities manga and Anime. Is canon to both

So how the hell do we know if it follows the Anime?

Pan not being able to fly till the end of the movie, when in Super she could do that as a baby.
Gohan could not only overpower Raditz, but he could also obliterate a mountain and fly as a four-year-old. However, those were only spur of the moment happenstances, and he needed proper training in order to fully realize his powers. Likewise, Pan only flew in a spur of the moment happenstances while in a failing spaceship set to crash back into Earth. For Saiyans, Ki Control comes naturally; however, since Pan is only a quarter-Saiyan, much like Gohan, she needs training to freely and willingly use her abilities.
The gap between Vegeta and Goku not being that high, when MUI Goku was slightly stronger than Evo Vegeta in the TOP.
"slightly stronger"?
The movie takes place three years after the events of Broly, and Goku and Vegeta have had Broly to train with over that three year timeskip. Even disregarding that, Goku and Vegeta were presented as equals as Super Saiyan Blues in the final episode of Super, and they only battle in their base forms in this movie, as per Whis' orders.
And the fact that Goku was in trouble with Broly, to the point of nearly dying but he didn't resort to use SSBK is kinda sus, the same goes for Vegeta.
Are you suggesting that Goku and Vegeta not using their evolved Super Saiyan Blue forms is proof that the movie could potentially exist in a continuity where the events of the Tournament of Power did not occur? Because, no, they explicitly did. Jiren and Kefla and Ribrianne were explicitly mentioned as powerful opponents fought during the explicitly mentioned Tournament of Power that the movie explicitly takes place shortly after.
Nope, it doesn't specify if it follows the Anime or manga.
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe’s existence on the line
Toriyama explicitly, blatantly, absolutely, certainly, definitively, precisely, unequivocally states that Broly is a straightforward continuation of the anime — "the next story in the series [airing] on TV". He even considers the move yet another "episode" in the Super Saga.

Tch. "Pure speculation".
You're ignorant, and that's my fault? Nah.
We should doblike what we did with BOG and ROF, in BOG the thing about Beerus using 70/60% of his power was retconned.
When Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' were written and produced, there was no Super to connect them to.

Man, I just don't get people sometimes.

I feel bad for Null this time, but hey, what Null said is right though, both movies was stated by Toriyama to be direct continuation of the TV Anime

Are you suggesting that Goku and Vegeta not using their evolved Super Saiyan Blue forms is proof that the movie could potentially exist in a continuity where the events of the Tournament of Power did not occur? Because, no, they explicitly did. Jiren and Kefla and Ribrianne were explicitly mentioned as powerful opponents fought during the explicitly mentioned Tournament of Power that the movie explicitly takes place shortly after.
That doesn't suggest anything, that doesn't proof they used they evolved forms.
Toriyama explicitly, blatantly, absolutely, certainly, definitively, precisely, unequivocally states that Broly is a straightforward continuation of the anime — "the next story in the series [airing] on TV". He even considers the move yet another "episode" in the Super Saga
It's just saying that it's the Next DB Super content airing in TV, no that it exactly follows the Anime.

slightly stronger"?
The movie takes place three years after the events of Broly, and Goku and Vegeta have had Broly to train with over that three year timeskip. Even disregarding that, Goku and Vegeta were presented as equals as Super Saiyan Blues in the final episode of Super, and they only battle in their base forms in this movie, as per Whis' orders.
Yes, but the characters talked about their power in the TOP, not the events after that.
Tch. "Pure speculation".
You're ignorant, and that's my fault? Nah
Chill, I don't think I'm sounding aggresive or rude right now.
I apologise if I went a bit off the charts, but I'm just stating my thoughts about it, I had some problems with how we trated DBS movie verses, but anyways, sorry if I may sounded kinda rude.

I feel bad for Null this time, but hey, what Null said is right though, both movies was stated by Toriyama to be direct continuation of the TV Anime
The Super super Hero movie too tho?

I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with it, if the author said blatantly; "it follows the TV series continuation".

Although, they said that the DBS Broly movie was the Next DBS element to air in TV, it wasn't stated directly that this movie follows the later events of the Anime.
Just that is the Next DBS super content airing on TV thought

It's just saying that it's the Next DB Super content airing in TV, no that it exactly follows the Anime.
Argument from incredulity, also known as argument from personal incredulity, appeal to common sense, or the divine fallacy, is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition must be false because it contradicts one's personal expectations or beliefs, or is difficult to imagine.

Arguments from incredulity can take the form:
  1. I cannot imagine how F could be true; therefore F must be false.
  2. I cannot imagine how F could be false; therefore F must be true.
Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction, especially where time is scarce. They are also frequently used to argue that something must be supernatural in origin. This form of reasoning is fallacious because one's inability to imagine how a statement can be true or false gives no information about whether the statement is true or false in reality.
Yes, but the characters talked about their power in the TOP, not the events after that.

Are you feigning ignorance to egg me on?

I think the Anime will adapt both Broly and Super Hero similar to BoG and RoF. No way Toei won't milk the same cow twice. Which is why it's pointless to discuss vague statements that might or might not appear in the Anime adaptation..

Also " not that big" still implies that there was a gap. It's similarly vague to how Dyspo was described as a being faster than light throughout the entire ToP or Frieza attacking Top with a "power capable of destroying worlds"

Are you feigning ignorance to egg me on?

Fair point.
̶I̶ ̶a̶d̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶d̶e̶f̶e̶a̶t I apoligise if I may sounded kinda aggresive, that wasn't my intent.

But I still a bit sceptical, becouse the movie should be canon for Both manga and Anime. I had this issue since the Broly movie.
Yet it appears to only be a continuation of the anime.
I hope you understand it.......

I think the Anime will adapt both Broly and Super Hero similar to BoG and RoF. No way Toei won't milk the same cow twice. Which is why it's pointless to discuss vague statements that might or might not appear in the Anime adaptation..

Also " not that big" still implies that there was a gap. It's similarly vague to how Dyspo was described as a being faster than light throughout the entire ToP or Frieza attacking Top with a "power capable of destroying worlds"
Nope, they will not doing so, with this two movies

Back