• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Carol probably beats 18 due to Marvel scaling

Broly beating Hulk is just wrong

Megatron can be argued to beat Frieza if you use some more extended canon

Some people will say Galaxia beats Beerus (I don't know, Sailor Moon is out of my knowledge base)

I recently heard the claim that most of dragonball's death battle wins were largly wrong, anyone here have an opinion on this? I know 18 vs caption marvel is a big one, shadow vs vegeta is... early deathbattle stuff but I don't know much to speak on the others so what do you think?
Checking all of Death Battle's Dragon Ball wins:
  • Roshi beats Jiraiya and pretty much all of Naruto
  • Mister Satan blitzes Dan Hibiki
  • Frieza beats the versions of Megatron they used but the fact that they used a Semi-Composite that specifically left out the strongest Megatron is sus
  • Beerus vs Sailor Galaxia is debatable
  • They were definitely right on Vegito beating Gogeta

Carol vs 18, Shadow vs Vegeta, and especially Hulk vs Broly were wrong though.

Frieza beats the versions of Megatron they used but the fact that they used a Semi-Composite that specifically left out the strongest Megatron is sus
People wanted the G1 Megatron to be the one featured in the battle, DB only included IDW to try to make the fight more fair

OG broly vs hulk from none comic mediums could be cool I think?
No, Broly destroys 99,9% of the non-comic versions of the Hulk

Well I mean they used Movie Broly along with canon, currently we accept Movie Broly as having infinite speed, but thanks to multipliers he's quite high above baseline infinite speed. So Broly actually can blitz the Hulk, but still do nothing to hurt the Hulk and still will die to him
Bfr to another dimension then?

Earth mightest heros hulk, broly.may negative the verse

The Disney animated avengers show... had so much crazy stuff tho it might be a good one tho it couldn't have had any green door stuff..

Dragon Ball Daima Episode 1 Spoiler

The episode begins with a general retrospective of the series, covering Goku's trajectory from childhood to the Buu Saga. During this retrospective, we see Gomah and Degusu watching reanimated scenes from the Buu Saga, which last about 15 minutes and include all the fights and important moments. While studying the warriors and the Dragon Balls, it is revealed that, in Makai, they already have three balls, which are being guarded by super warriors; these balls are enormous, the size of people.

The party in question celebrates Trunks' ninth birthday, which indicates that "Daima" takes place in 775, one year after the Buu Saga, when Trunks was only eight years old. However, Kibito and Shin are unfused in this new arc, as Buu absorbed them, separating them in the same way that happened to Vegito; it is believed that this was done by Mr. Buu, Satan's Buu.

Gomah and Degusu use portals to reach Earth, but these portals have the ability to take them anywhere in the universe(s), which they refer to as the "outside world". They intend to grant specific wishes, although they have not revealed which ones, only mentioning that they are related to Dabura's father. To facilitate their plans, the duo visit Dende, accompanied by a Namekian named Neba, who possesses powerful abilities, such as gathering the orbs in just three seconds and revitalizing them, as they were deactivated due to having been used in less than a year.

One of the wishes the duo makes is to turn everyone into children. Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta are involved in a fight that occurs during Trunks' birthday party.

[/Spoiler

Source

About the outside world they are talking about they are referring to those in the Dragon Ball Daima trailer

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Daima Episode 1 Spoiler

The episode begins with a general retrospective of the series, covering Goku's trajectory from childhood to the Buu Saga. During this retrospective, we see Gomah and Degusu watching reanimated scenes from the Buu Saga, which last about 15 minutes and include all the fights and important moments. While studying the warriors and the Dragon Balls, it is revealed that, in Makai, they already have three balls, which are being guarded by super warriors; these balls are enormous, the size of people.

The party in question celebrates Trunks' ninth birthday, which indicates that "Daima" takes place in 775, one year after the Buu Saga, when Trunks was only eight years old. However, Kibito and Shin are unfused in this new arc, as Buu absorbed them, separating them in the same way that happened to Vegito; it is believed that this was done by Mr. Buu, Satan's Buu.

Gomah and Degusu use portals to reach Earth, but these portals have the ability to take them anywhere in the universe(s), which they refer to as the "outside world". They intend to grant specific wishes, although they have not revealed which ones, only mentioning that they are related to Dabura's father. To facilitate their plans, the duo visit Dende, accompanied by a Namekian named Neba, who possesses powerful abilities, such as gathering the orbs in just three seconds and revitalizing them, as they were deactivated due to having been used in less than a year.

One of the wishes the duo makes is to turn everyone into children. Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta are involved in a fight that occurs during Trunks' birthday party.

[/Spoiler

Source

Woohooo
~~it be so funny if bardock somehow got a solar system level feat from here~~

The super is a direct continuation of the Kai now accepted here, so the sky will once again be accepted as the size of the Universe, just someone needs to make the CRT for it to be accepted.
Hum.....no, since the 1 thing that made it still not full on Universal in size was a scene from Super.....which is still there

can you also link the Dabura scene here? I didn't knew that one was still in KAI

I recently heard the claim that most of dragonball's death battle wins were largly wrong, anyone here have an opinion on this? I know 18 vs caption marvel is a big one, shadow vs vegeta is... early deathbattle stuff but I don't know much to speak on the others so what do you think?
Their losses are the ones that are wrong. Bardock should have flicked Omni-Man, Goku should've stomped Superman all rounds, Vegeta was thrown under the bus in "Vegeta VS Mewtwo?", Toei Majin Buu should have soloed the multiverse that Kirby takes place in (especially with the scaling of the time), Trunks was screwed since somehow DBH wasn't Immeasurable in speed for them until GvS 3 and his cards were nerfed into the ground

A lot of people just see the High 1-B in the Hulk's profile and go "OMG I can't believe Death Battle was so stupid they forgot Outerversal Hulk!!!!" when it's a situation where he can't just become High 1-B on a whim and it's from situations that don't make sense for him to be that high because outliers and they're just here for indexing purposes. Captain Marvel fans I dunno what they think their excuse is.

Hum.....no, since the 1 thing that made it still not full on Universal in size was a scene from Super.....which is still there
I don't think we're talking about the same thing

That's what we're talking about

can you also link the Dabura scene here? I didn't knew that one was still in KAI
I don't know what you're talking about, but Kai became canon for super, so it will have the same cosmology and the guide saying that the sky is as big as the Universe can be used, this is the reasoning i understood.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing

That's what we're talking about

I don't know what you're talking about, but Kai became canon for super, so it will have the same cosmology and the guide saying that the sky is as big as the Universe can be used, this is the reasoning i understood.
Ehh......then the contradiction shown in Super is still there.....Kai being Cannon doesn't remove the argument that lead to the result in the thread

Plus.....that Map is already rejected anyway, it literally cannot be how the universe looks else.......oh so many stablished things are contradicted, it was discussed a lot of times

Ehh......then the contradiction shown in Super is still there.....Kai being Cannon doesn't remove the argument that lead to the result in the thread

Plus.....that Map is already rejected anyway, it literally cannot be how the universe looks else.......oh so many stablished things are contradicted, it was discussed a lot of times
What's the current contradiction again?

Not relevant to the current topic, but my Blog on the Toei Films with their connections to each other and the Anime, necessitating that all are canon is done. Also, someone mentioned something in a new thread I forgot/completely overlooked I'm gonna include in my Blog later, but GT Vegeta states he can recognize Tuffle Ki within Baby Gohan, which can only be possible if Eradicate the Saiyans is canon, as Vegeta lacked that ability prior to the Saiyan Saga and due to the fact the Saiyans wiped out the Tuffles before Vegeta was born (meaning the only Tuffles he could possibly meet are from Eradicate the Saiyans).

I don't know what will happen, but now it seems like there is a green light to use the sky the size of the Universe

Not relevant to the current topic, but my Blog on the Toei Films with their connections to each other and the Anime, necessitating that all are canon is done. Also, someone mentioned something in a new thread I forgot/completely overlooked I'm gonna include in my Blog later, but GT Vegeta states he can recognize Tuffle Ki within Baby Gohan, which can only be possible if Eradicate the Saiyans is canon, as Vegeta lacked that ability prior to the Saiyan Saga and due to the fact the Saiyans wiped out the Tuffles before Vegeta was born (meaning the only Tuffles he could possibly meet are from Eradicate the Saiyans).
That sounds good, when are you going to make a crt?

Isn't Eradicate the Saiyans an OVA based on a game? Not sure if it's really useable.
Yeah, but the Daizenshuu Timeline that "canonizes" Cooler and Dead Zone to the Anime also references that OVA (Specifically Dr. Lychee going into space with his Grudge Machine). So there is clear intent/connection already made within the Guides. While they didn't cover his appearance on Earth in that Timeline, given Vegeta references the Ki, you can easily argue it happened and we just never saw it within the Television Series.

Back