• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Broly SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovrhide said:
So jiren and UI goku are most likely below beerus. Thats sad. For a year i believe the opposite. Im ashamed of the ningen ive become
I still fail to see how this Movie prove that Beerus is stronger than them, mind explain your point?

I think he is worried about the statement from Goku that implies that Broly might be stronger than Beerus.

I generally have issues with that statement considering how Goku has never felt Beerus's full power, but whatever. It's kinda stupid honestly.

So much for SSBKKx20 and SSBE. If Broly is this powerful, we got more shit to deal with in our hands now.

BTW, Creed 2 was screened a few hours ago.

LightinAnt said:
It was confirmed Tarble is being mentioned again.
Yes, but the whole Yo Son Goku stuff is canon only in the Toei Anime continuity, not the manga one.

Vegeta also used SSBE in the manga. So SSBE is a part of Toriyama's script.

Doesn't Toyotaro do his own stuff as well? And correct me if I am wrong but they never confirmed that form is the same as SSBE. He just powers up in his SSB form, it won't be different than "my bulma" power up in that regard.

I still fail to see how this Movie prove that Beerus is stronger than them, mind explain your point?

If broly is only probably beyond beerus, while being the strongest opponent ever. Then how the hell do you expect jiren to be above beerus. In fact, Goku not stating this with jiren is evidence (not proof tho)

@Dark649

Correction Tarble is only canon to the movie and Z Toei anime continuities, he doesn't exist in the OG manga and Super

ZERO7772 said:
Ovrhide said:
So jiren and UI goku are most likely below beerus. Thats sad. For a year i believe the opposite. Im ashamed of the ningen ive become
Because Goku's statement puts Broly and Beerus on the same general level. He didn't definitively say Broly was stronger than Beerus, but rather that he might be stronger than him. And we already know Broly is stronger than Jiren therefore Beerus is also stronger than Jiren.

Not to mention Beerus is used as the benchmark here, not Jiren, which tells me that Toriyama still sees Beerus as the standard.

Goku does not know Beerus' Full Power. No where in the series has he ever showed even a glimpse of it... So saying Goku's statement is "proof" that Beerus' > Jiren is highly inaccurate.

The statement lacks sufficient credibility. If Beerus is stronger than Jiren, it essentially goes against the promotional material that states Jiren was the strongest foe they ever faced.

If that's the case, why should I accept promotional material that implies Broly is the strongest foe they ever faced? It's a clear conundrum if anything.

That doesn't matter. The statement goes hand in hand with another statement regarding Broly's power, which was that he might possess destructive power greater than a GoD. That's pretty much the exact same thing Goku told Broly in regards to how he compared to Beerus (that he might be stronger than him). That's clearly Toriyama saying Broly >=< Beerus

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
The statement lacks sufficient credibility. If Beerus is stronger than Jiren, it essentially goes against the promotional material that states Jiren was the strongest foe they ever faced.
If that's the case, why should I accept promotional material that implies Broly is the strongest foe they ever faced. It's a clear conundrum if anything.
No it doesn't because Goku never fought Beerus at full strength. So yes, Jiren was the strongest foe they had ever faced up to that point.

The same thing was literally stated for Jiren, this solves nothing.
Yea and? Jiren is stronger than a GoD. His GoD. Nowhere was it ever said he was stronger than Beerus. Broly on the other hand has two statements suggesting his power and Beerus power are on a similar level, one in-universe from Goku and another from promotional material. Sorry, but that's better than fan speculation.

What they promote and what they says in the actual show goes against each other sometimes. That being said, A statement from withing the show itself is > promotion material hype.

Jiren is stronger than his GoD withing the show itself with magazine and scans suggesting that he's above GoD level period!

Broly is stronger than GoD by the support of both the show and Magazine scans, not to mention it's a trend for every enemy to be stronger than the one before in DB.

The narrator is clearly telling you Broly > Jiren

Was it ever stated in promotional material that Black was stronger than Beerus? No, as it was stated that besides Beerus, Black was the strongest foe at the time.

Nothing like that was stated for Jiren.

The argument has even less credibility considering how you have just stated that he never felt Beerus's full power. It means nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Was it ever stated in promotional material that Black was stronger than Beerus? No, as it was stated that besides Beerus, Black was the strongest foe at the time.

The argument has even less credibility considering how you have just stated that he never felt Beerus's full power. It means nothing as far as I'm concerned.
I could care less if it means nothing to you. The fact is the statement is there. Your word doesn't weigh more than it.

Beerus and his power has been rectoned many times tbh, so it's not hard to believe they made him stronger than Goku AGAIN this time as well.

Beerus and his plot armor is a meme at this point.

ZERO7772 said:
What they promote and what they says in the actual show goes against each other sometimes. That being said, A statement from withing the show itself is > promotion material hype.
Jiren is stronger than his GoD withing the show itself with magazine and scans suggesting that he's above GoD level period!

Broly is stronger than GoD by the support of both the show and Magazine scans, not to mention it's a trend for every enemy to be stronger than the one before in DB.

The narrator is clearly telling you Broly > Jiren
I never denied Broly being stronger than Jiren. I said Beerus and Broly are comparable due to Goku's statement and therefore Beerus is stronger than Jiren.

Not to mention Goku doesn't even use Jiren as the benchmark. He uses Beerus. Why compare the strongest person you've ever fought to a much weaker fighter?

No it's not. Where is it ever explicitly said that Jiren is stronger than Beerus? That has NEVER been said. There's nothing contradictory about it.

The generalization is that Jiren is the being that exists beyond the realm of the GoDs. Within the anime continuity, there are hardly ever any significant instances in which indicate the differences between the GoDs are considerable besides like one.

It's as if they briefly imply they are all generally within a similar proximity.

Bats16 said:
No it's not. Where is it ever explicitly said that Jiren is stronger than Beerus? That has NEVER been said. There's nothing contradictory about it.
This magazine scan suggests that 3rd UIO "or UI" might be stronger than Beerus and since Jiren held his own more or less against UI Goku he should be stronger than Beerus as well. You can see the issue here.

DXwLQl8VAAAZ M1

The generalization is that Jiren is the being that exists beyond the realm of the GoDs. Within the anime continuity, there are hardly ever any significant instances in which indicate the differences between the GoDs are considerable besides like one.
It's as if they briefly imply they are all generally within a similar proximity.
All of this is speculation. There's no evidence suggesting there can't be a gap between some of the GoDs as none of them have ever fought each other at full strength. In the manga, Beerus and Quitela are shown to be the top 2 GoDs, so that even furthers my point that a gap can potentially exist between them in the anime.

Like I said, point me to an instance in Super where it's directly stated that Jiren possesses greater power than Beerus? All they talk about in regards to Jiren is his power in comparison to his own GoD, Belmod, and the general GoD level, which can easily vary. Toppo was considered a GoD in everything but title (Belmod even says this) yet he wasn't remotely close to Beerus in power. Not once do they directly compare Jiren and Beerus, so there is no contradiction.

Manga =/= Anime Beerus and Quitela being the strongest in the manga means nothing in the anime. Also everything from statements to the anime and manga points toward Jiren being stronger than the GoDs.

@ZERO Was that referring to UIO that curb stomped a suppressed Jiren at the end of Episode 128, or the much stronger one from Episode 129?

@Bats In the Anime GoD seem to be a lot closer, as we constantly see them fight on par rather than being weaker or stronger, like Beerus and Champa, Iwne, Arack, and Liquor. Plus, they said Toppo is a GoD and has the power of one. Not saying they're all equal.

@ByAsura It was referring to the Third UIS which was the one at the start of episode 129 before he shifted into attack mode and gaining the Complete Ultra Instinct.

Peter1129 said:
Manga =/= Anime Beerus and Quitela being the strongest in the manga means nothing in the anime.
It doesn't, but suggesting there can't be a gap between GoDs in the anime when there is one in the manga is ridiculous. Furthermore, nothing suggests there can't be a gap between them in the anime. That's just peoples personal belief. Nothing in the anime actually suggests that.

Besides, in the anime continuity Belmont was implied to have defeated Beerus in an arm wrestling match. Even if it was just an arm wrestling match, the disparity in strength between the two should be virtually non existent.

But, I can begin to concede based on what Zero said. His plot armor is disgusting at this point. I'd rather wait for the anime version of the film to come out first, as this movie does not seem to follow the anime continuity at all.

If this was based on the manga, it would be a different story entirely.

@Bats16 There is a gap between the GoDs but it's unknown how big it is in the anime. But it's probably not that big as Iwne, Arack, and Liquiir were shown to be comparable to each toner in a spar in the anime.

Besides, in the anime continuity Belmont was implied to have defeated Beerus in an arm wrestling match. Even if it was just an arm wrestling match, the disparity in strength between the two should be virtually non existent.

But, I can begin to concede based on what Zero said. His plot armor is disgusting at this point. I'd rather wait for the anime version of the film to come out first. This movie does not seem to follow the anime continuity at all.

If this was based on the manga, it would be a different story entirely.
And why should it be virtually non-existent? Do you know how seriously Beerus took that arm wrestling match? Like you said, it was just an arm wrestling match. This is pointless. You're saying there's a contradiction, but can't give me any statement from the anime to suggest one. Nothing you've given me directly compares Beerus to Jiren.

Since he took a punch from post Top SSG Vegeta effortlessly, low 2-c?

That was Wrathful Mode Broly. Which was confirmed to be a form that utilizes the Oozaru's Power. It's essentially a 10x multiplier to Base if we accept the Oozaru mulitplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back