• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Anime: Fused Zamasu Low 2-C Upgrade (I Actually Know What I'm Talking About I Swear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely with Golden Void on this one
That’s fine, but your stance is notably flawed, simply because you can’t prove he would be ineffective.

This is made even more apparent in the sub iteration of the scene, whets Goku just says “if only I had one more Senzu bean”, instead of “I can at least try” in the dub. Goku is more likely to praise the strength of his opponent, as opposed to himself, and here is is implying if he had a Senzu, he could fight.

I think that it may be better if only the buff and batshit insane Fused Zamasu (not that he was that sane to begin with) was Low 2-C.

Only Vegito and Sword of Hope Trunks would scale.
Nah this doesn't make sense tbh, given the nature of what Infinite Zamasu is

no, I know better

While I'm neutral overall, I never has sat well with me how, indeed, we decided to ignore Goku's own input in that scene.
Damn that's crazy

I think this is especially notable for Goku, as he's openly acknowledged his own limits before. The example that jumps out to me is Goku admitting to Korin and Yajirobe that he probably won't be able to defeat Cell

Damn that's crazy

I think this is especially notable for Goku, as he's openly acknowledged his own limits before. The example that jumps out to me is Goku admitting to Korin and Yajirobe that he probably won't be able to defeat Cell
Even in the scenes when he wants to brag (showing off Ssj3 to Majin Buu, Beerus and later Future Trunks, as well as showing off Ssj2 to Zamasu), there was always a sense of humbleness. Like "oh yeah, this is powerful, but could be way better".

And why, pray tell, does the same not hold for the positive claim that it would?
Because we’ve already proven Goku is not one to overestimate his capabilities, and is actually more likely to compliment that of his adversaries. Plus, he already survived an attack from Infinite Zamasu, despite being so weak he couldn’t even go Blue.

When was that proven? You certainly claimed it.
Everyone here has already acknowledged that fact, but if you need an explicit example:

In the original BoG (the movie), he believes not even the Potara would be enough to defeat Beerus, after just getting decimated. Said fusion being the strongest character in the entire series up to that point, with the only real contender being the Universal Spirit Bomb.

That, and he’s praised multiple adversaries for their strength. Vegeta, Cell, Buu, etc. So you don’t have any real evidence to stand on.

In the original BoG (the movie), he believes not even the Potara would be enough to defeat Beerus, after just getting decimated. Said fusion being the strongest character in the entire series up to that point, with the only real contender being the Universal Spirit Bomb.
How does him recognizing that Beerus is too strong prove that he's never wrong about his own capabilities?

That, and he’s praised multiple adversaries for their strength. Vegeta, Cell, Buu, etc. So you don’t have any real evidence to stand on.
I don't see the relevance whatsoever to his credibility here. Do you have real evidence or just this conjecture? Without any evidence I have to stick with what Golden Void said.

How does him recognizing that Beerus is too strong prove that he's never wrong about his own capabilities?
Because unlike Vegeta, who’s shown time and time again to tackle opponents out of his league (he’s both responsible for Cell achieving his final form, and Buu’s arrival, and both opponents stomped him, along with him thinking one Zenkai could allow him to defeat Final Form Freeza), Goku actually acknowledges power disparities. He doesn’t find one here.

I don't see the relevance whatsoever to his credibility here. Do you have real evidence or just this conjecture? Without any evidence I have to stick with what Golden Void said.
Everyone here already knows that, multiple people already agree with the stance because that’s intrinsic to Goku’s character. If your argument is “he doesn’t actually know Zamasu’s strength”, despite having Ki sensing, then this is pointless - the burden is on you to prove he wouldn’t be able to accomplish anything, and that’s that.

It's crazy that some of us are gonna act as if we know Goku's power better than Goku himself.
Uh, ever heard of Vegeta? Does the same concept apply or do you recognize that characters are routinely wrong about their own strength?

the burden is on you to prove he wouldn’t be able to accomplish anything, and that’s that.
Well if you've declared it, it must be so!

Agreeance from others isn't evidence, and since you haven't met your burden of proof to show that he'd accomplish something, that's that.

Well if you've declared it, it must be so!

Agreeance from others isn't evidence, and since you haven't met your burden of proof to show that he'd accomplish something, that's that.
You’re free to think that, the majority is still insurmountably in our favor, however you want to take that (or don’t, idm), I’ll just let this thread take its course.

It means Goku knows what his limits are. Let me go back to the Cell example. He released his power in front of Korin and Yajirobe, and then admitted he won't be able to defeat Cell, much to their shock. Come the Cell Games, he's proven right, as Cell could fight SSJ Goku evenly while holding back (with Goku admitting that he himself gave it everything he had).

It's pretty much an objective fact that Goku knows what his limits are and if he feels he doesn't have a chance against someone, he will admit it. Him saying he may be able to try something if he had a Senzu Bean means that at full power, he may be able to fight off Infinite Zamasu.

Everything has been laid out, and you maintain your stance without a semblance of support for your argument.

It's pretty much an objective fact that Goku knows what his limits are and if he feels he doesn't have a chance against someone, he will admit it. Him saying he may be able to try something if he had a Senzu Bean means that at full power, he may be able to fight off Infinite Zamasu.
Would this suggest moreso a "possibly" rating, then?

Would this suggest moreso a "possibly" rating, then?
Well no because this is only part of my argument.

My argument is that Infinite Zamasu's feats against the Saiyans are pretty much on the same level as Fused Zamasu's. This, combined with the nature of what Infinite Zamasu is (the will of Fused Zamasu spreading out from his destroyed vessel into the universe), means it doesn't make sense for Infinite Zamasu to be stronger than Fused Zamasu

Uh, ever heard of Vegeta? Does the same concept apply or do you recognize that characters are routinely wrong about their own strength?
Unlike Vegeta who constantly underestimates his opponents even when he has the ability to sense power levels and gets his ass beat for it, Goku is known to actually recognize power gaps, recognize his opponents superiority, and stand down when he knows he cannot win (him vs Cell). Even with extensive knowledge of his own limits and the ability to sense his opponents power levels (which he uses frequently), he still fully believes that he can do something if he had a senzu.

No one is arguing Goku = Infinite Zamasu, just that there isn't an infinite power gap between Fused Zamasu and Infinite Zamasu (or any at all) as the latter isn't even stated to gain a power increase from becoming one with the universe.

Are you really gonna claim that you, a basic as hell human that's just watching a show, has a better idea of a characters limit, than the very character that can literally SENSE how powerful he is and is willing to surrender when he knows he can't win? There is literally no way you can know Goku's own strength better than he does because you're not him, similar to how I can't know your limits better than you since I'm not you. No one knows a person better than themselves.

Yes characters can be wrong about how strong they are or how strong their opponent is, but only if there's proof that they're wrong. And it's harder for the character to be wrong about how strong they are when they can literally sense their strength in detail.

Are you really gonna claim that you, a basic as hell human that's just watching a show, has a better idea of a characters limit, than the very character that can literally SENSE how powerful he is and is willing to surrender when he knows he can't win? There is literally no way you can know Goku's own strength better than he does because you're not him, similar to how I can't know your limits better than you since I'm not you.
It almost comes off as arrogance, to be pretty frank.

I'm neutral tbh. I'm not particularly against an upgrade, but I do want to note that it's treated as a pretty big deal when Zamasu starts becoming justice itself and fusing himself with time and space. So him gaining a strength upgrade isn't implausible. But yeah, I'm not sure if it's ever stated especially when Goku felt that he could still fight against him if he had a senzu.

Like this is the same series where characters can even state exactly how much stronger a character is getting with exact details (Hit when he witnessed the Kaioken) and constantly state the obvious (this guy's stronger than ever!), Yet this supposed mythical infinite power increase is never, EVER, brought up or stated in the show.

I'm neutral tbh. I'm not particularly against an upgrade, but I do want to note that it's treated as a pretty big deal when Zamasu starts becoming justice itself and fusing himself with time and space. So him gaining a strength upgrade isn't implausible. But yeah, I'm not sure if it's ever stated especially when Goku felt that he could still fight against him if he had a senzu.
Tbf this is likely the first time the characters ever witnessed someone become a metaphysical being, so I wouldn't blame them too much for being in awe. But I get what you're saying.

The shock mainly come from two factors:
  1. The fact that Zamasu was even still alive after Trunks's Sword of Hope
  2. The fact that he was becoming the universe. That in itself is cause for surprise, as it's unlike anything Zamasu has done before due to his physical state

The shock mainly come from two factors:
  1. The fact that Zamasu was even still alive after Trunks's Sword of Hope
  2. The fact that he was becoming the universe. That in itself is cause for surprise, as it's unlike anything Zamasu has done before due to his physical state
1. That was the original thing. It then became the fact that he was becoming everything, imposing his will even across timelines.
2. Perhaps. Like I said, even with that note taken into account it doesn't particularly make a solid implication that Zamasu got stronger.

Awesome, thanks

Also quick note: I'm really not sure what to do with DDM's vote because he said he doesn't agree but also that he's not exactly gonna give a detailed response or try to stop the upgrade. So... I'm not gonna do anything with his stance until I actually figure out what to do with that.

Awesome, thanks

Also quick note: I'm really not sure what to do with DDM's vote because he said he doesn't agree but also that he's not exactly gonna give a detailed response or try to stop the upgrade. So... I'm not gonna do anything with his stance until I actually figure out what to do with that.
roundabout way to say he's neutral smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back