• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball portal weakness

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I tried to being this up before, but no one acknowledged it.

If we're gonna have everyone Super Buu and up capable of creating dimensional portals, a few things need to be stated as a weakness. For one, it needs to be said that they may or may not know how to do it, as the only people shown to do it as portals were Super Buu, Piccolo, and the boys, and only after seeing Super Buu do it on accident. Two, it's limited to pocket dimensions. All showings have characters breaking out of pocket dimensions, and haven't been capable of using it to bridge universes. Especially because that would totally invalidate the need for Whis needing to cross universes. Finally, it's only shown to get out of pocket dimensions, rather than getting into

1. I thought the word "Possible" before the ability already took care of that.

2. I agree that it should be limited to pocket dimensions.

I think that this seems reasonable.

If we make that distinction, then shouldn't the same be said for Goku's IT? We've had his range listed as "Multi-Universal" with Instant Transmission for some time, now, when that's entirely false; Hell and Other World should be classified as seperate dimensions from realtime space, but that doesn't make them seperate universes from Universe 7, making Goku's Multi-Universal Range a bit sketchy, IMO.

Perhaps universal range would be better then?

I agree with Kaltias and Dark649.

I agree with Cal. The characters should also have possibly or likely portal creation. They're capable but might not know how to do it, specially in fights.

Back