• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Portal Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
Since the last thread was derailed and closed...

Screaming really hard never created portals in Dragon Ball. Portal Creation is the ability to generate and travel through rifts of space and time in order to quickly travel between two places. It's what Anilaza does at will when he actively opens portals between any two points.

What Super Buu and Gotenks did was just rip a hole in the space time of a pocket dimension. That's a smaller version of space-time destruction feat, which a much stronger Vegeta showed in DBS in the same room. And what Goku and Jiren did to Hit's dimension, Kale did to Cocotte's dimension.

All these feats were performed when a pocket dimension was involved. So I suggest changing "possibly Portal Creation" to something like "Can possibly create dimensional rifts" to all characters who are below FT arc base Vegeta. Characters above his level should get it changed to something like "Capable of destroying space-time" or "possible limited space-time destruction" or "can possibly destroy pocket dimensions".

I'll address this now since people will surely bring it up. What Broly and Gogeta did was definitely something along these lines but it is still dissimliar in the fact that all of the above happened when a pocket dimension was involved, while this one did not. So I don't think it should be scaled since nobody has really replicated it yet.

Well, I agree that it is not outright Portal Creation.

"Can possibly damage and create holes to get out of pocket dimensions" would probably be a better way of putting it since neither Buu nor Gotenks actually destroyed the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

That's why I suggested "Can possibly create dimensional rifts".

ProudLearner said:
So... this?
Possibly Sound Manipulation and Limited Dimensional Travel (Can possibly create dimensional rifts via Vice Shout)
That would be an extremely limited application of dimensional travel that would only work in one particular scenario so I wouldn't call it that. I'd just leave it at Possibly Sound Manipulation (Can possibly create dimensional rifts via Vice Shout).

I mean, that's why Limited exists as a term. Even if it has a single application, it exists.

I agree with changing the ability's wording.

It only works if you're in a pocket dimension and you only come back to the original dimension. Calling it dimensional travel will give people the wrong idea. I'm just fine with explaining what it does, that is to create rifts in space-time.

Also how would you prefer the wording for other characters (base Vegeta and above)? I think Possibly Sound Manipulation (Can possibly create dimensional rifts and destroy space-time and pocket dimensions via Vice Shout).

I agree that creating dimensional Rifts seems legit for everyone demonstrating those abilities.

Just a slight question, SSJB Goku, Base Vegeta, and Gogeta / Broly have done the same thing but instead of dimensional travel they outright destroy the pocket dimension.

Would it still count as that for them?

SomebodyData said:
Just a slight question, SSJB Goku, Base Vegeta, and Gogeta / Broly have done the same thing but instead of dimensional travel they outright destroy the pocket dimension.
Would it still count as that for them?
That's why I'm against calling it dimensional travel. It doesn't give the right idea about what they're really doing. So

Gotenks and Buu: Sound Manipulation (Can create dimensional rifts via Vice Shout)

Between Gotenks and base Vegeta (DBS): Possibly Sound Manipulation (Can possibly create dimensional rifts via Vice Shout)

Base Vegeta onwards including Gogeta/Broly, SSB Goku, Kale, Jire (they all did not particularly make use of "vice shout", just their energy, attacks and punches in Jiren's case): Possibly Sound Manipulation (Can possibly create dimensional rifts and even destroy space-time and pocket dimensions with his energy via powerscaling)

Gogeta and Broly will obviously also keep their limited space time manipulation since their feat was slightly different than just creating holes in or busting space time of pocket dimensions.

I am personally very uncertain if calling creating dimensional rifts sound manipulation is appropriate, even if it is caused by screaming.

I've no issues with removing that term if it's causing any uncertainties. We can just add

Can create dimensional rifts via Vice Shout

and leave it at that. It doesn't necessarily need to fall under / be linked to any ability page we have.

Majin Buu can still have Sound Manip since he has shown to scream really loud.

Example: Kid Buu here it was also in the manga

The rest can be edited.

I think that AKM's latest suggestion can be applied now.

I've applied the changes to all the profiles. There were too many so if somebody finds any profile that got overlooked or something, they can message me on my wall.

I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back