• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball movie characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games should probably be based on games only, and not mix with either canons as it is craaaazyily different.

Hmmm, at this point, we should probably wait for Lord K.... though it might take... a while.

Well, he told me that he would try to inform himself about what has happened with the DB discussions while he was away, before responding.

I think it might make sense to have a canonverse consisting of DB/Z manga and Super anime, Toeiverse with movies, GT and anime then a gameverse as 3 separate continuities. We probably should wait for Kav to come and respond though.

Ryukama said:
I think it might make sense to have a canonverse consisting of DB/Z manga and Super anime, Toeiverse with movies, GT and anime then a gameverse as 3 separate continuities. We probably should wait for Kav to come and respond though.
I think what Ryu is suggesting makes sense.

I think that Ryukama's suggestion is reasonable, with the exception that, as far as I have understood, several of the games seem to have separate power levels and continuities.

@Ant Yeah I was thinking about that as well. I don't think we need to focus much time or effort on the games, as profiles based upon them seem to be a very rare occurace (and rightfully so IMO.)

Perhaps we set this standard for "canonverse" and "Toeiverse," then we evaluate games and their standing as continuities on a case by case basis depending on what is agreed to make the most amount of sense.

However, we should probably move the Movie characters into the GTverse, since they aren't manga scaled anymore.

@Cal Yeah. Like I said all the Toei related media (anime besides Super, the movies and GT) are in their own continuity and Dragon Ball's actual canon gets scaled separately.

Hmm. If Lord Kavpeny does not show up soon, we may have to rescale the movie characters on our own anyway.

We're having profile for DBZ games, so will we allow profile for Naruto filler characters and ninja storm game as well?

In the long run we will probably allow profiles from alternative secondary canon types of media, as long as proper feats can be found to scale them by.

After all, it makes no sense to only allow this for Marvel and DC characters.

However, I or Lord Kavpeny will first have to start a staff discussion regarding how we should define our regulations about this issue.

Anyway, this is off-topic, and we should return to the subject at hand.

Hmm. It seems like Lord Kavpeny will not answer here.

So, should we do as SomebodyData suggested, and scale from the anime instead?

I have to admit that I think that this seems to make more sense.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. It seems like Lord Kavpeny will not answer here.
So, should we do as SomebodyData suggested, and scale from the anime instead?

I have to admit that I think that this seems to make more sense.
yeh

movies scaling from anime makes sense

Well, only the movie characters that appeared from the Buu Saga and onwards would need to be upgraded to Multi-Solar System level, whereas the ones that appeared Namek saga and onwards would be MFTL+.

Thanks, Ant. Do you also want me to move the movie characters (sans Beerus and Whis for obvious reasons) to the GT verse?

No. Probably not. It is better to keep them somewhat separate.

Could somebody link to TLT1's Namek Goku speed calculation to validate the MFTL+ speeds of the characters, and also mention Buu's gradual galaxy-destroying anime feat to warrant the 4-A ratings?

Antvasima said:
Could somebody link to TLT1's Namek Goku speed calculation to validate the MFTL+ speeds of the characters, and also mention Buu's gradual galaxy-destroying anime feat to warrant the 4-A ratings?
I will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back