• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball movie characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
if so, then why are we even scaling them to the manga? i can use that reasoning to say that the characters are not scaleable to either.

If we are not scaling them to the manga, what do we base their stats on? Personally, I would just place their stats in the anime continuity as the movies give good indication to show us which part of the series the movie itself takes in.

Do any other staff members have any thoughts to offer regarding whether we should base their statistics on the anime or manga series, after SomebodyData's latest point?

Antvasima said:
Do any other staff members have any thoughts to offer regarding whether we should base their statistics on the anime or manga series, after SomebodyData's latest point?
I think we should base their statics on the Anime-Filler continuity.

Honestly, I thought we considered Kid Buu's feat an outlier anyway, due to severe contradictions. But if everyone thinks its best to do that, then so be it.

The real cal howard said:
Honestly, I thought we considered Kid Buu's feat an outlier anyway, due to severe contradictions. But if everyone thinks its best to do that, then so be it.
Well, Broly has possibly Multi Solar System level feat because he allegedly destroyed large parts of a galaxy.

The real cal howard said:
Omega Shenron apparently also destroyed a galaxy, and he did it immediately, so I am not so certain about that.

It's considered an outlier for the main canon... well, was, until we no longer considered Kai's representation as canon.

So who might be getting upgraded? Is Gogeta, Janemba and Hirudegarn getting upgraded to 4-A? Is any of the movie villains getting upgraded to MFTL+ given the feat done by Namek Filler Goku?

I would prefer to wait for more staff input before any upgrades, given that this is a very controversial topic.

There are WAYYYY too many contradictions to warrant any upgrades. This site is honestly generous enough with their stats as it is.

Why do they scale to GT anyways? GT didnt do anything notable except Shenron Omega threatening to essentially poison the universe to death. Thats something I always questioned

Syn Shenron was stated to have instantly destroyed a galaxy when he first appeared.

I do not know. Mister Popo explained it, as far as I have understood.

If you're sick of DB threads mister Bruce, simply ignore them, that would be better for everyone else.

As for the upgrade, I am highly skeptical about it.

Well Aimenaltair, that upgrade at the moment more hinges of what we put the movies stats based on, anime or manga.

Also, about manga = toei movies stats arguement, what's the reasoning again?

Personally, it seems that putting the toei movies stats based on anime stats (as both are non-canon and from the same creators), would be better.

I understand that, SD, and it makes sense, seeing how they don't show up in the manga, but 1, they don't show up in the anime technically (since they don't chronologically fit), and 2, the fact that the anime's ratings jump up by trillions

It seems there are 3 continuities: the Manga-Super one, the Anime-Gt one and the Movies one.

Yes. Pretty much. The question is which one of the others that we should scale from?

Movie should scale to the manga (and feats like the Bojack or Broly ones, be considere as mere outliers)

GT should scale to the Anime

To me I think Non-canon should stay far away from canon and shouldn't be scaled to it. Anime, Movies and GT should scale to each other imo.

Well @Cal,

1. You are correct, technically (estimate) 50% of them don't appear in the anime in an accurate chronological sense. However, at least they do have appearances in the wider sense, in comparsion to the manga. Not to mention, it makes more sense that Toei movies scale off of Toei verse, then something that Akira does not take part in. (Toei, after all, did create the movies)

2. The degree of the ratings does not matter in this case, the accuracy does.

@Aiden Can I ask reasoning?

Also, to keep everyone on the same page, pretty sure we should make a chart for the reasonings. So....

+Toei-Verse Scaling

- Originates from Toei itself

- Has cameos and appearances in the anime and GT

- Has had anime exclusive characters within the movies (Characters not from the manga)

+Manga Scaling (Uh, can someone list the reasons for manga scaling?)

Trunks got his sword from Tapion according to the movies. I can't even begin to explain that. It contradicts literally everything regardless of anime or manga.

One thing I'd like to point out that could support your argument is that the same movie used the Dragon Fist, which is a GT move, and that Fusion Reborn introduced Gogeta. I probably just dug my own grave by pointing that out, but I care more about accuracy than my indifference to DB

What does it contradict? Just asking

I see, thanks Cal, it does go to show that you're willing to ignore bias, which is a very admirable feat

It more ignores the fact that Tapion wouldn't have been in Future Trunk's timeline, due to the androids, and Goku's death. At best, Tapion sure wouldn't have been released, let alone would have won.

And thanks for the compliment.

Hmmm I see @Cal. Well I could argue that it's not the same sword, since Trunks has had his sword destroyed quite a few times, including Super. Twice.

@Dark several inconsistencies that prevent it from existing the timeline, or just normal inconsistencies?

Reading the description for the Future Trunks sword here, it states that:

Future Trunks says that the sword was given to him by someone close to him when he uses the Dragon Balls to repair it in the arcade mode of Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai.
It is stated that Tapion did give his sword to Future Trunks in the video games Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, with the latter mentioning that Tapion gave it after sealing Hirudegarn.

Future Trunks tells Present Gohan that it is Future Gohan who taught him swordsmanship in the Nintendo DS game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.

Reading the bolded part, I was wondering if we should consider the games in the same continuity as the anime, as the games seem to have directly affected the plot of the anime in regards to Future Trunks.

In short, I think that the characters from the anime, movies, and game, and GT should be scaled off of each other in terms of tiering [independant of the manga], as the series mentioned above seem to be interconnected to each other in terms of continuity.

Perhaps we could exclude that game from the continuity considering the characters are shown to be far stronger than what they are supposed to be [according to the anime and movies]

Otherwise, characters like Gogeta, Janemba, and Hirudegarn should be able to fit within the anime continuity as their events are only shown in anime-form and not in the manga [nor were they ever hinted at].

Well, I think that SomebodyData makes good points. Perhaps we should scale the movie characters from the anime continuity.

However, I think that it would be confusing if we start to write lots of game profiles without independent feats as well, since it would turn this mess even more incoherent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back