• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball movie characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, Kid Buu destroyed a galaxy over time, which is at least multi solar system. You guys say GT gets the anime scaling, but the movie characters also appeared in GT. Wouldn't that mean they ALSO get the scaling? I'm mostly referring to Janemba and Hirudegarn possibly getting upgraded.

It is a bit confusing, but the way that I have understood it, the movies are hard to fit into anime continuity, so Lord Kavpeny thought that it was better to scale the movie characters from the manga.

I believe that this upgrade applies if the Movie characters are in a separate continuity, although the stats for the anime and the movie characters should be in the same tier.

Janemba and Hirudegarn should be bumped back up to 4-A if the AP upgrades for GT are to be accepted.

Possibly, yes, but given that it is a sensitive issue that Lord Kavpeny personally enforced, we need more staff input regarding this before performing any changes.

Movie continuities are inconsistent and awkward and do not blend well with any continuity but their own.

Lina Shields said:
I believe that this upgrade applies if the Movie characters are in a separate continuity, although the stats for the anime and the movie characters should be in the same tier.
Janemba and Hirudegarn should be bumped back up to 4-A if the AP upgrades for GT are to be accepted.
sounds good

but we have to wait for kav's decision about this

The problem is that Kavpeny is very overworked in real life, and does not currently have the time for visiting the site, so I am not sure what to do.

I'm curious, if Gogeta, Janemba and Hirudegarn might get re upgraded back to 4-A, wouldn't Anime Goku's supposed MFTL feat also apply for the Movie Characters that are superior to that Goku? if so, that means all the anime characters to like Post Fruit Turles and Slug would be upgraded to MFTL+ given how they should be superior to or at least comparable to Anime Ginyu Saga Goku, while Cooler, Android 13, Broly, Bojack, Janemba, Hirudegarn, Gogeta etc would be WAY superior to that Goku, funny enough, Bojack I believe already supposedly kind of had a MFTL+ speed feat due to traveling through space without a spaceship, so that upgrade could kind of make sense

Again, possibly, but we are in a bit of a deadlock situation.

Antvasima said:
Again, possibly, but we are in a bit of a deadlock situation.
I know, I meant if the AP upgrade for Super Gogeta, Janemba and Hirudegarn actually happens, then you can also increase the speed of the majority of the movie characters if the same rules apply for that, well, Super Gogeta is already listed as MFTL+ anyway

Antvasima said:
(If this is accepted) Goku performed the speed feat in a filler episode of the Namek saga, so all the movie villains who are non-canonicaly located after that gets the speed feat who are: Post Fruit Turles, Lord Slug, Garlic Jr. (Garlic Junior Saga), Android 15, Android 14, Android 13, Cooler, Zangya, Hatchiyack, Bojack, Broly, Olibu, Pikkon, Hirudegarn, Janemba and Gogeta. Hirudegarn, Janemba and Gogeta also gets upgraded to Multi-Solar System level because of Buu filler anime feat.

Well, I personally think that this seems reasonable, but am uncertain if it is appropriate to allow this without Lord Kavpeny weighing in.

Yes, there are an awful lot of them. The Dragon Ball fans are extremely persistent.

Well multiple movie characters are shown in GT. Also the guides attempt to place the movies at points in the continuity to. As for inconsistencies, yeah but GT is inconsistent from Z often to, so it shouldn't really change the fact they are presented in the same continuity. That's my thoughts on it at least.

How about this:

inconsistent movie characters stick without the scaling

after all, the most inconsistent are mostly the first movies (except for dead zone) and (sadly) Fusion Reborn.

I'd recommend upgrading them all to match anime, after all the guides do try to place them all in the same timeline. And GT does show multiple movies characters, both inconsistent or not. It would be really strange to have some scaled to manga and some to anime, realistically they fit more into anime continuity than manga as a whole.

SomebodyData said:
How about this:

inconsistent movie characters stick without the scaling

after all, the most inconsistent are mostly the first movies (except for dead zone) and (sadly) Fusion Reborn.
If not what I said before, I agree with this.

Well, it would probably turn even more confusing if we only scale some of the movie characters, and not the others.

If it really is case of all or none, remember that the movies charcters have appeared in GT and Z before. And that scaling to manga makes much less sense than scaling to anime.

Well, alas if Kavpeny wants to check over like he does with the other DB threads, I suppose we can wait.

Although... (and no offense to any party) this really is delaying the dragon ball threads a lot.

A lot of movies don't fit in with any canon, and the inconsistencies they show are impossible no matter whether you look at the manga or the anime.

Prom's right. A lot of characters should be dead, or at the very best off-world for a good portion of the movies.

Okay. So you think that we should let the statistics be as they are then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back