• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the plan? Do we agree with possibly infinite speed?
Well, Planck agree, KLOL also agree, his only problem is who scale but it is not the issue right now. AKM disagree and i'm sure he will just disagree again, knowing him, Maverick is.....well as usual, always agree with AKM, Confluctor is neutral, Efficient....i think he doesn't care. Ant is......i don't even know what side Ant took anymore, too confusing

Anyway that is the thing

I trust AKM to have a better sense of judgement than I do regarding Dragon Ball, as usual.

Well, Planck agree, KLOL also agree, his only problem is who scale but it is not the issue right now. AKM disagree and i'm sure he will just disagree again, knowing him, Maverick is.....well as usual, always agree with AKM, Confluctor is neutral, Efficient....i think he doesn't care. Ant is......i don't even know what side Ant took anymore, too confusing

Anyway that is the thing
Confluctor finds the OP reasoning "weak", I'm sure he disagrees with the thread too iirc

The others here really want you to properly evaluate the information linked above.

Would you be willing to do so please?
I already did. There is nothing more for me to say. Vietthai has his own interpretation of how the feat would have worked. And while it might have granted infinite speed, it is largely unsupported and born out of assumptions. I put forth my own views about how feats like these normally happen and seem like the more likely scenario here given the details, or lack thereof, which do not require extraordinary evidence because they make no extraordinary claims and is a far more safer end. The criteria of there being undeniable evidence is not fulfilled here so I am against the proposition.

Confluctor believes the reasons for infinite speed are also flimsy.

Maverick agrees with me.

I apologize but there is nothing more I could do here. Unfortunately, there isn't enough evidence to convince me. And imho, the thread should be closed considering the other staff members I pinged here do not seem interested in this discussion.

Okay, so there were no arguments via the links that I provided that you had not seen before then?

I already did. There is nothing more for me to say. Vietthai has his own interpretation of how the feat would have worked. And while it might have granted infinite speed, it is largely unsupported and born out of assumptions. I put forth my own views about how feats like these normally happen and seem like the more likely scenario here given the details, or lack thereof, which do not require extraordinary evidence because they make no extraordinary claims and is a far more safer end. The criteria of there being undeniable evidence is not fulfilled here so I am against the proposition.

Maverick agrees with me.

I apologize but there is nothing more I could do here. Unfortunately, there isn't enough evidence to convince me. And imho, the thread should be closed considering the other staff members I pinged here do not seem interested in this discussion.
Could you link your disagreements as to where you found the evidence lacking and full of assumptions, specifically the comment where you stated as such? Because as it stands right now, our reasons for disagreement are kinda different.

In post #242 I linked to my reasons for disagreeing.

Okay, so there were no arguments via the links that I provided that you had not seen before then?

I had already seen them before, yes.

In post #242 I linked to my reasons for disagreeing.
Ah, it has something to do with quantifying the distance that the universes moved? There are issues determining that because 4-D timelines are being pulled in and the realm that encompasses them has to be on a similar level of existence as them, which makes determining distance even harder than if the universes shared the same space and said space happened to be 3-D, am I right?

I already did. There is nothing more for me to say. Vietthai has his own interpretation of how the feat would have worked. And while it might have granted infinite speed, it is largely unsupported and born out of assumptions.
Again, my interpretation and suppose assumption have feats and contexts to back-up, it is your turn to prove it wrong
I put forth my own views about how feats like these normally happen
Again, the contexts and feats disagree with this notion. And even if we use normal, real life black hole, then it still suck things into it, as it drag space-time at the speed of light into itself, that why in order to escape black hole you need to to be, well..........FTL to fight back the speed of space-time that was being dragged into the black hole. Your whole reason of disagree with a very flimsy one, as you assume that Mechikabura black hole is haxing the space-time, and absorbed the multiverse with out crossing any distance via some sort of space-time tunnel, but have no proof of this claim and the entire narrative, along with the context and feat of the verse disagree with this. I don't even know why you point was even valid from the start when all of it was a full-blown assumption, while me was supported by contexts and feats

which do not require extraordinary evidence because they make no extraordinary claims and is a far more safer end. The criteria of there being undeniable evidence is not fulfilled here so I am against the proposition.
I made extraordinary clain and i had extraordinary evidences present, it is your turn now, where is your extraordinary evidences. The scan and the contexts support my points, and your claim is now full of assumption, thus it is even more extraordinary than mine.
And i will re-post this:
For Sagan's standard, what qualifies as extraordinary is completely up for interpretation. He could just as easily say that his evidence is as extraordinary as his claim. The problem with using sagan's standard is that extraordinary is a completely subjective term that is not even given a proper criteria within the actual page dedicated to it.
When it comes to extraordinary claims, it’s generally preferable to view ‘extraordinariness’ as a spectrum, rather than as a binary status.

Maverick agrees with me.
Oh yeah, Confluctor i not say much, the guy's comment is more of a off-hand comment than anything and seriously Maverick???. iirc, she constantly like and agree every of your comment back in the past before she is a mod, with all due respect, her comment is non-existent to me
Oh right, let completely ignore point 1 and Demigra feats and say close the thread, because you disagree, seriously??

Ah, it has something to do with quantifying the distance that the universes moved?
No, my point is the opposite of that because distance doesn't even need to be involved here. Because there is nothing suggesting that the universes all physically moved infinite distances to get sucked into a black hole. If the black hole works across space-time it should have no problem sucking any universe from anywhere else without any need for movement.

DontTalkDT wrote some new official standards for infinite speed listed here:

That bit is not relevant here since the attack is not an omnidirectional explosion spanning infinite distance, but thanks for the help anyway.

No, my point is the opposite of that because distance doesn't even need to be involved here. Because there is nothing suggesting that the universes all physically moved infinite distances to get sucked into a black hole. If the black hole works across space-time it should have no problem sucking any universe from anywhere else without any need for movement.
I don't see them mentioning that the blackhole is ******* spacetime to aborsb all universes, can you provide scan?

I think you would need more scan to prove that your "assumption" is true than we need to prove that the blackhole was normally sucking the universes in.

Making assumptions is fun and all, but i don't think it should be done in a major thread like this specially by a person's who statements hold a high value.

I don't see them mentioning that the blackhole is ******* spacetime to aborsb all universes, can you provide scan?
Black holes do that by default. If it did not **** up spacetime, it would only be able to suck a single universe. Duh!

Perhaps the final word should be removed to avoid further drama here?

Black holes do that by default.
Again, Black Hole by default dragging space-time, it is real life science, and in turn pulling things into it, require FTL speed to get out.
If it did not **** up spacetime, it would only be able to suck a single universe. Duh!
This is your own claim that go against the feats and scans itself, please stop making these kind of claim, unless you have something to back up

Space time distortions are never showed to be a factor, that's, again, pure headcanon.

Can we stop using RL Black Holes to debunk Infinite Speed?

We have standards for what qualifies as a true Black Hole. And Mechikabura's simply doesn't have these properties.

Again, Black Hole by default dragging space-time, it is real life science, and in turn pulling things into it, require FTL speed to get out.
Problem is, there is nothing suggesting every universe is being dragged to an infinite distance, as I have mentioned earlier. Space time fuckery can allow your black hole to directly consume another space time even if it is not physically present there. Just like how Super Shenron was not physically present in every revived universe but his light reached all of them simultaneously because his reality warping works across space-time. Similarly, the black hole does not need to drag something an infinite distance away if it is capable of working/pulling across different space-times simultaneously.

Anyway, my apologies that this couldn't make the cut for infinite speed. I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back