• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball GT Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the GT character's are 4-A and 3-C relative to Majin Buu's old 4-A upgrade scaled to General Rildo being stronger than Majin Buu

Majin Buu has been downgraded to 4-B due to the system change and the unlikely idea of Buu being trillions of times stronger than Cell though still debateable, so unless Majin Buu is changed back to 4-A many characters should be changed to At Least 4-B in GT

Anyone agrees?

GT scales mainly from the anime and movies( the anime in particular shows us Kid Buu destroying a galaxy over time in a flashback), which is the reason for its 4-A standing.

Yes but Buu was still stated in Kai to destroy a galaxy over a "few years" but was still downgraded.

Master Xar said:
Yes but Buu was still stated in Kai to destroy a galaxy over a "few years" but was still downgraded.

It was never downgraded, it's still considered a 4-A feat on its own.

The only thing that's changed is the fact that it is no longer counts to Manga and DBS canon.

GT is another thing entirely and since its part of the anime continuity they get scaled to it.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I agree but...which GT characters? Omega Shenron being one trillion times stronger isn't a stretch at all.
Everyone would presumably be 4-B, save for Omega Shenron, Gogeta, and EoS Goku, who would all be "At least 4-B", I guess.

I am personally unsure on whether or not GT characters should be downgraded. If we don't scale movie characters to Buu's feat, we probably shouldn't scale GT characters to it, though.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I agree but...which GT characters? Omega Shenron being one trillion times stronger isn't a stretch at all.
I would mean that certain characters like Gt Goku, Vegeta, Baby, and Super 17 put at at least 4-B and Have Omega Shenron and Gogeta SSJ4 at possibly 4-A, but it seems there are some errors in my original comment since GT is scaled from the anime as opposed to what I thought originally that they were scaled from Kai which is not taken as canon anymore...

Oh Dragonball Continuity...you confusing little mind f'er you..

We scale the GT characters from the anime. They should probably not be downgraded.

Antvasima said:
We scale the GT characters from the anime. They should probably not be downgraded.
^This.

Majin Buu is 4-B in his Main Canon Profile

But the GT Characters are all scale from Anime Majin Buu (Who is 4-A)

See history.

It is irrelevant. He was simply expressing his disdain for the site's logic in that Universe level characters are not comparable to solar system level characters, which is of course ridiculous, but what really annoys me is that he's encouraging another user to disregard the way we do things here, which is unacceptable.

TheMightyRegulator said:
See history.
It is irrelevant. He was simply expressing his disdain for the site's logic in that Universe level characters are not comparable to solar system level characters, which is of course ridiculous, but what really annoys me is that he's encouraging another user to disregard the way we do things here, which is unacceptable.
Universe not comparable to SS?that's not what my post was about.Dude did you even look what i wrote?

OT - so what will be with GT?

As I mentioned, GT is a continuation of the original anime, in which Majin Buu is tier 4-A. It should not be downgraded.

@Ant sorry for asking but is it only the canon that makes Buu's 4-A feat invalid for DBZ or it being inconsistent as well?

It is never mentioned in the original manga, so we cannot use it as part of a canon profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back