• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’ve recently discovered two instances where Eggman took some pretty much major hits from Sonic and Knuckles:

In Mayor Knuckles, Eggman survived a shockwave attack from Knuckles:

and In The Evil Dr. Orbot, Eggman took a direct hit from Sonic’s spin attack:

There might be more but this was all I’ve seen. Would this be enough to warrant a Town level durability upgrade for Eggman?

We don't normally scale if Sonic and Knuckles are outright stomping him.

Well, I know that, but it's still an instance of Eggman literally getting knocked out. Though, I no nothing about Sonic Boom, but I still see it more like fodder getting ragdoll by the main cast.

Well, I know that, but it's still an instance of Eggman literally getting knocked out. Though, I no nothing about Sonic Boom, but I still see it more like fodder getting ragdoll by the main cast.
Well Eggman wasn’t knocked out by either of those attacks. Eggman wasn’t fully defeated in the first clip, he was still standing without a scratch in the next frame:

Last edited:
Eh, I suppose that’s fair I wasn’t sure if the shockwave counted anyway. The 2nd clip should still count though, as you can see he’s still conscious after getting by Sonic.

I’ve also found another scene that could possibly support the upgrade. Lord Eggman (Dr. Eggman’s alternate dimensioncounterpart) took hits from both Sonic and Shadow:

And Dr. Eggman should have comparable durability to him.

I still agree. That Shadow and Sonic scaling should work, as I don't see Shadow holding back in that clip.

Is that Eggman even comparable to Normal Eggman? According to Scaling Rules we can’t scale from alternate-dimension counterpart people unless they’re actually shown to be similar. And unless Normal Eggman’s literally winning in H2H with Sonic then I doubt they’re comparable. In fact, Sonic’s covered in dust and stuff- is he already worn out from a previous fight, or is he dusted for another reason?

For now I disagree. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever taken a direct hit and we don’t know if the two are comparable.

Last edited:
Is that Eggman even comparable to Normal Eggman? According to Scaling Rules we can’t scale from alternate-dimension counterpart people unless they’re actually shown to be similar. And unless Normal Eggman’s literally winning in H2H with Sonic then I doubt they’re comparable. In fact, Sonic’s covered in dust and stuff- is he already worn out from a previous fight, or is he dusted for another reason?

For now I disagree. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever taken a direct hit and we don’t know if the two are comparable.
He literally took a direct hit from Sonic in the second clip

Again, he wasn’t knocked out, you can see he’s still conscious.

is he already worn out from a previous fight, or is he dusted for another reason?

And to answer this question, he looks like that because of his fight with Shadow but he wasn’t really worn out. Immediately after fighting Lord Eggman, he was still able to fight against a fully functional Metal Sonic.

Conscious =/= KO’d. The guy was beat Up, dazed and unmoving, in a pile of rubble. You can see it in his eyes, he certainly wasn’t in a fighting position.

We usually treat "Guy was literally curbstomp but he still lived without serious injuries," As prone to outliers. And that's especially true if it's good guys taking out a bad guy.

It’d be like rating me at 9-B for surviving a Grenade but being left in a coma, essentially. Least that’s how I picture it, lol.

We usually treat "Guy was literally curbstomp but he still lived without serious injuries," As prone to outliers. And that's especially true if it's good guys taking out a bad guy.
Alright I guess that’s a fair point. Since this thread isn’t really getting that much attention and I don’t have any more arguments, I think it’s best to just close the thread.

Back