• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
This should be quick, but Dr. Eggman's Base Speed should be updated with Reaction speed on par with Sonic and Super Sonic. Super Sonic's speed for when Dr. Eggman is piloting a mech that can fight on par with Super. Why? Consistently Sonic's most valiant fighting foe with the most battle experience against the Hedgehog in the verse.

Edit:

Nevermind for Base Dr. Eggman having reaction speed as fast as Super Sonic. More often than not, Dr. Eggman is piloting a mech filled with new energy like the Power of the Stars and while he was piloting the Time Eater, he was shown to be superior to the Base Cast speed.

Last edited:
This should be quick, but Dr. Eggman's Base Speed should be updated with Reaction speed on par with Sonic and Super Sonic. Super Sonic's speed for when Dr. Eggman is piloting a mech that can fight on par with Super. Why? Consistently Sonic's most valiant fighting foe with the most battle experience against the Hedgehog in the verse.
Well actually Eggman is canonically faster than sonic, because even with super sonic Eggman gets to his mech faster, making him immesaurable.

Jokes aside, agree with op.

Eggman already has those speeds when he is in his mechs in his page, I don't really see a reason for this upgrade, I guess we could just note Eggman's reaction speed is also the in his mechs

I don't think Eggman (with no mechs nor in the eggmobile) should scale to Sonic, unless there are feats of him reacting to Sonic without anything

I don't think Eggman (with no mechs nor in the eggmobile) should scale to Sonic, unless there are feats of him reacting to Sonic without anything
? It's not like the Egg Mobile gives him an amp. For example, the Egg Walker in SA2 has no glass dome, if someone thinks the glass heightens Eggman's reaction speed.

unless there are feats of him reacting to Sonic without anything
Oh, Sonic Riders would be a good example, when Dr. Eggman is a on a board like the cast.

Last edited:
Because Eggman only reacts to Sonic in the eggmobile, pilots can react in speeds far higher than their normal while driving, Eggman should only scale if there are feats of him scaling
Oh, Sonic Riders would be a good example, when Dr. Eggman is a on a board like the cast.
Eggman gets blitzed in Riders (26:00)

Because Eggman only reacts to Sonic in the eggmobile, pilots can react in speeds far higher than their normal while driving, Eggman should only scale if there are feats of him scaling

That's just inconsistency. His reactions being amped in machines doesn't make any sense

Yes it does, unless you are arguing he normally has super form reactions because he can pilot the Time Eater/Egg Salamander, etc. now that would be an inconsistency

Yes it does, unless you are arguing he normally has super form reactions because he can pilot the Time Eater/Egg Salamander, etc. now that would be an inconsistency
It's an inconsistency no matter how you cut it, you just gotta pick one end. His reactions being raised by the mech is just dumb

I mean, if he needs to keep up with sonic and at same time press buttons, controll and operate mech overall then yes Eggman has very fast reactions.

There's nothing to assume mech suddenly makes Eggman control his machines faster

It's an inconsistency no matter how you cut it, you just gotta pick one end. His reactions being raised by the mech is just dumb
Humans can literally pilot Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic space shuttles, as well as Supersonic jet planes (and do with those some complicated manuvers as well), yet they still don't have these levels of reaction speed

So Eggman piloting a mech that can go this fast doesn't say anything, though I agree with scaling him to Base Sonic, just not to Super Sonic

Humans can literally pilot Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic space shuttles, as well as Supersonic jet planes (and do with those some complicated manuvers as well), yet they still don't have these levels of reaction speed

So Eggman piloting a mech that can go this fast doesn't say anything, though I agree with scaling him to Base Sonic, just not to Super Sonic
No, they can't. Humans can't effectively maneuver those, they can only fly in relatively straight lines

Then I pick the lower end that doesn't break the story, which is that it depends on the mech

Eggman would still basically have FTL reactions since he always uses the eggmobile

Where is Eggman getting blitzed? I hope its not cause Sonic used his manipulation of the wind that Eggman can't do anything about even if he is relative to Sonic's speed.

I hope its not cause Sonic used his manipulation of the wind that Eggman
That was literally because of his speed, plus I was talking about when he dove in and Eggman couldn't react, if Eggman really was as fast as Sonic barebones he wouldn't have gotten confused by Sonic's speed.

Even then I don't need to prove a negative, you need to prove why he scales without any mechs

That was literally because of his speed
If that’s the case, why isn’t the whole Mobian cast that scales to Sonic’s speed don’t show off comparable wind manipulation? It is shown over and over again it’s Sonic’s unique moveset.

Last edited:
That was literally because of his speed, plus I was talking about when he dove in and Eggman couldn't react, if Eggman really was as fast as Sonic barebones he wouldn't have gotten confused by Sonic's speed.

Even then I don't need to prove a negative, you need to prove why he scales without any mechs
I mean, Sonic vs Death Egg Robot for instance. Eggman can technically keep up with sonic here. Plus other boss battles where Eggman's machine is not constantly flying at high speed mech. Eggman have to control and operate with his mechs fast enough to contend with Sonic.

Saying simply that Mech will AMP Eggman's reaction shouldn't work imo.

plus I was talking about when he dove in and Eggman couldn't react
Um, Eggman did.

Eggman says: “Where are you?”

Sonic responds: “I’m right here” and dives towards Eggman.

Then Eggman looks up. You see Eggman slowly opening his mouth as Sonic is falling. Eggman looking up shows Eggman wasn’t a Time-Stop-like statute while Sonic attacked.

People mentioning space ships and fighter jets ignore the massive distances they have to react to stuff and the types of movements the pilots are doing. A spaceship will see a planet coming from a planet’s distance at least. A fighter jets usually has miles of space between them. Eggman is right next to sonic at practically all times making different complex movements to hit him. He can decide at anytime to drop down something on him and he actually hits his target, versus fighter jets that need multiple targeting systems to work despite having miles to react to their opponents.

Edit: I’m going to be doing something the rest of the day, I just wanted to point out the space ship example is very bad for this scenario.

If that’s the case, why isn’t the whole Mobian cast that scales to Sonic’s speed don’t show off comparable wind manipulation? It is shown over and over again it’s Sonic’s unique moveset.
Yes they do???? Literally every speed type in Heroes can make tornados for example, sure Sonic has special ones like Sonic Wind but the "make tornado by running in a circle" is a classic speed ability
I mean, Sonic vs Death Egg Robot for instance. Eggman can technically keep up with sonic here. Plus other boss battles where Eggman's machine is not constantly flying at high speed mech. Eggman have to control and operate with his mechs fast enough to contend with Sonic.

Saying simply that Mech will AMP Eggman's reaction shouldn't work imo.
Are you seriously using "Eggman outruns Sonic on foot" as an actual argument? Eggman is still inside those machines when he is "reacting" to Sonic, otherwise there would be no use to even pilot them, it's common in fiction for people to do better feats while piloting mechs than by themselves. I shouldn't even be humoring this, you people are the ones who need to prove Eggman scales to Sonic
Um, Eggman did.

Eggman says: “Where are you?”

Sonic responds: “I’m right here” and dives towards Eggman.

Then Eggman looks up. You see Eggman slowly opening his mouth as Sonic is falling. Eggman looking up shows Eggman wasn’t a Time-Stop-like statute while Sonic attacked.
Eggman moving his mouth is not a "reaction", him trying to do something to avoid Sonic would be a reaction, literally people move their mouths to things they can't react everytime

Even then you have moments where Sonic blatantly blitzes Eggman such as this scene in Lost World

People using the "you seriously believe Eggman holding the controls increase his reaction speed??????????" are wrong because that already happens everytime Eggman fights Super Sonic in a mech like the Time Eater, and yet when pilots a base mech he doesn't blitz base Sonic. Either Sonic=Super Sonic or his speed varies per mech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back