• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Bright and two scps CRT

Lou_change

He/Him
Dr. Bright additions

The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The Foundation additions: the following anomalies as optional equipment SCP-682, SCP-113, victims of SCP-217, SCP-379, SCP-572, SCP-705, SCP-281, SCP-184, SCP-387, SCP-141, SCP-294, SCP-914, victims of SCP-008, SCP-2383-J, SCP-708, SCP-666-J, SCP-2558-J, SCP-1543-J, SCP-2041-J, SCP-2103-J, SCP-968, SCP-462, SCP-115, SCP-225, SCP-1004, SCP-826, SCP-243, SCP-297, SCP-342, SCP-1361, SCP-137, SCP-1981, SCP-335, SCP-1187, SCP-582, SCP-1916, SCP-662, SCP-127, SCP-1025, SCP-5555-J, SCP-738, and 1197. Do to the nature of the list it is hard to tell which he actually did use,so all items that he is implied to use are listed. Social influencing several rules would realistically not being necessary otherwise.

From SCP directly: SCP-4498: "small porcelain cat statue that seemed to negate or depress the effects of nearby anomalies when its tail was turned clockwise"(power nullification) and "This resulted in the tail of the artifact breaking off in Dr. Bright's hand, accidentally triggering a different, previously unknown latent anomalous effect that interacted with and amplified the effect of SCP-963."(Empowerment)

SCP-5500: 1-A key with the S.W.A.N.N. Engine an author possession.

From tales: Come Together. Right Now. Over me.: Bright possesses Able giving him all SCP-076-2's article canon powers.

For my sanity I had to stop looking at Dr. Bright.

SCP-4051

Pain manipulation via painkillers

Magic via runes that cause misdirection, increase durability, speed, and perception

Resistance to mind manipulation resisted being possessed and incapacitated by an amnestic which was mean to get rid of the thing possessing him which it failed to do.

Concept and death manipulation recreated death.

Possibly up to 4-C, SCP-4936 is believed to be killable when the article was written in canon 2012 it can become a star. Rainer recreated death in 2015 which is the reason for the possibly both were made by the same writer.

SCP-826

CRT no one read

Last edited:
Thanks for your vote.
For: 1
Against: 0

Forgot to mention this but acknowledge joke scps are part of the extended canon and need to be added to the Foundation's page.

The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The Foundation additions

This article is lolfoundation canon, which doesn't scale to the main Dr Bright.

Whoops that was wrong, it's just not canon period. The top of the page blatantly says:

This list is meant as a joke, and not an actual depiction of how the character Dr. Bright acts.

SCP-5500

idk if it needs an entirely separate key, something like "1-A by possessing authors" would be suitable tho.

Everything else I'm unfamiliar with so I can't accept/reject.

I am pretty sure that the nature of the site bypasses that remember multiple canons, multiple authors it is likely there to say this isn't the "right version" of the character but I understand if you disagree. Also I see you WeeklyBattles and look forward to your input.

I am pretty sure that the nature of the site bypasses that remember multiple canons, multiple authors it is likely there to say this isn't the "right version" of the character but I understand if you disagree.

What?

Multiple canons doesn't mean that explicitly non-canon stuff becomes canon.

Also all the doctors should get a lolfoundation key.

100% agree.

Several canons seem to use it as a baseline. The idea everyone accepts that is inaccurate when Dr. Bright in 5500 is slowly being forced to act like it when they see a writer. Besides it is technically part of the extended canon.

These two things can be true simultaneously:
  • "The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The Foundation" is not how Bright naturally behaves in any part of SCP wiki canon.
  • In SCP-5500 the writers haxed Dr Bright into acting that way.
As Bright was only forced to act like that during the events of that one SCP, imo, he should only have it available to him if we give him a key for that point in time where he was being mindhaxed into acting that way. Which would be a kinda strange key for him to have imo.

I'm not familiar with how SCP is treated on this wiki nor do I plan on getting into the nitty gritty of it, so really the only thing I can contribute is to ignore the Dr. Bright list. It's a haha funny and not a real representation of the guy.

I disagree it's part of the wider site canon which the entire profile is based on but even then we can give it a key. We can argue about it all we want but from Bright's author page:
Addendum
For complete list of Dr. Brights infractions, please see the official list of things Dr. Bright is no longer allowed to do at the foundation. If more infractions are discovered, please feel free to add them. -O5-6

That's because Bright's author page is the initial draft of the list of things Dr. Bright is no longer allowed to do at the foundation. The author had a lot more ideas for it, so eventually decided to move it to his own page. You're taking that quote way out of context.

The link to the list was added in the 5th version of the page, beforehand it had some examples of "Thing Dr Bright can't do" in the same vein as the eventual list.

I know it's still there, but it's a ******* joke, the page itself says it's a ******* joke and not indicative of how he actually acts.

Okay this will be my final argument for now. Apologize for the mistake. But the list being a joke? You are correct but the jokes are part of the extended canon too and while it is a joke out of canon it isn't a joke in canon it not being accurate to the character's normal behavior? We have a term for that out of character, but even then the rules remove context some more than others this is part of the joke. But even if we say no it's a joke to what would be a decent chunk of the site which would be unreasonable. Keys you agreed to a lolfoundation key why not a key for it the context of most rules, mean the stuff happened.

It is a joke in canon, the list literally ******* says it's not how he acts...

Extended canon does not mean that every single thing on the wiki is canon. That's not how the standards work.

But even if we say no it's a joke to what would be a decent chunk of the site which would be unreasonable.

I don't think much from the site would become unusable.

Keys you agreed to a lolfoundation key why not a key for it the context of most rules, mean the stuff happened.

Because lolfoundation is confirmed to be an alternate universe where the doctors have reality warping powers.

I don't think it's right to say that the stuff on the list was done by normal Bright, as the note says it doesn't reflect his actions.

I could continue this but I said I wouldn't maybe later. Here are links to everything mentioned outside that.

(this is faster then the article and accurate.)

We don't need SCP-4051's article for this but

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/the-beast-beneath-the-library the first three powers.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4260 the second power no you don't have to read the offset

And I am done throwing links with http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4936 summer vacation, Woohoo. SCP-826 already has a link to the CRT with all the links.

I trust Agnaa's sense of judgement. Should we close this thread?

I trust Agnaa's sense of judgement. Should we close this thread?
I was only commenting on the use of that one article. There's a lot of probably legit stuff I'm just not familiar with.

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread then. You can notify me later, if you need my help after you have reached some conclusions.

Back