• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading Ayanokouji's Intelligence

Tbh even that part is very shaky and debatable. The only reference we are given for him surpassing real-life peak levels of knowledge is the other students. Also, I don't even know how humans could make a curriculum that surpasses peak human's knowledge... doesn't even really make sense to me.

So all in all genius is just way more solid.
It's probably bad wording and his Curriculum likely had an inexhaustible list of accomplishments, making it far superior than any Curriculum known to exist.

I'd note that Ayanokouji is the lowest-end EG on the site in his intelligence section if we did give him that
He is so low level that if he is really accepted as EG then it would make that tier MUCH easier to get and likely would result in upgrades across the board...

Reading from the top of the page down I really only see the following part being hit

In that he has expert knowledge in multiple fields and exceeds a IRL person's shown intelligence. The main issue is that he's only a EG for those reasons and other than complex strategies I'm not seeing supported.. Nothing is futuristic technology, outperforming a supercomputer or doing math based precog.

He's at least Genius, and I think like baseline EG can be argued. But he'd be at the bottom of that level.
As MCH2 just pointed out there were also explanations for his complex strategic thinking.
His calculation based ability/information processing is seen in either his chess feat or memory recall.
His future predictions was also addressed
Even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations – Ayanokouji not only has multiple highly accurate prediction feats doing exactly this, but he also has a direct statement where he says he does this.

Additional prediction feat -

I'd note that Ayanokouji is the lowest-end EG on the site in his intelligence section if we did give him that
Not true. Here are 5 EG profiles which Koji beats which I found in like 5 minutes of going through EG profiles
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vash_the_Stampede
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Nahobino#Nahobino
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Soma_Cruz#Dark_Lord_Soma_Cruz
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Judge_Holden
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Frieren

This is fiction, Anything can exist there lol
It's fiction but you still have to at least try and be logical.

IF humans can make this cirriculum, then it naturally can't be beyond the knowledge of humans. That doesn't make any sense.

And if you pair this with the context that this is for gifted students (adolescents) trying to learn it in a limited amount of time, it starts to make a lot more sense if this is simply just an excruciatingly difficult curriculum for that age group.

Complex strategies he has many.
I agreed that he has Complex Strategies, just that was all that was proven. Additionally, when the page says "Complex Strategies under pressure" it means something like this where the person does complex levels of thought during a fight or constantly pressured situation. Even the text above wouldn't hit either qualifier until the end and that was after most of it was already done.
His future predictions was also addressed
If its based purely on intelligence like this, then that's fine. But if its based on body reading/martial skill then that wouldn't count afaik.

I agreed that he has Complex Strategies, just that was all that was proven. Additionally, when the page says "Complex Strategies under pressure" it means something like this where the person does complex levels of thought during a fight or constantly pressured situation. Even the text above wouldn't hit either qualifier until the end and that was after most of it was already done.

If its based purely on intelligence like this, then that's fine. But if its based on body reading/martial skill then that wouldn't count afaik.
His predictions are based on intelligence, he does have other predictions in combat settings based more on factors like that but I was bringing up ones made via just intelligence.

Frieren ***** on him do NOT bring the GOAT into this thread. I know her page is ass, it happens.

Tbh even that part is very shaky and debatable. The only reference we are given for him surpassing real-life peak levels of knowledge is the other students. Also, I don't even know how humans could make a curriculum that surpasses peak human's knowledge... doesn't even really make sense to me.
He surpasses it in sheer volume. but no, he doesn't have futuristic knowledge. he has like professor level knowledge in like two dozen or so domains.
His calculation based ability/information processing is seen in either his chess feat or memory recall.
Memory recall feat is fictional.
Chess, making a single better move than a chess engine doesn't even come close to the standard. Humans have done this before.
this is what it's based on. First quote is Ayanokouji.

Not true. Here are 5 EG profiles which Koji beats which I found in like 5 minutes of going through EG profiles
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vash_the_Stampede
Even a quick read-through puts his intelligence at understanding things highly advanced civilizations can't comprehend. Ayanokouji is complete FODDER compared to that.
Megaten is a bad example to try and use cause there's shit that ain't on the profiles and will never be on the profiles.
Go ahead and argue with @Theglassman12 on Soma Cruz. When it comes to Castlevania, expeically updated profiles, everything is there for a reason. Chances are, Magic is ridiculous, and more than you realize.
Honestly yeah he's above Ayanokouji.
LMFAO, even I know Frieren is a pretty ridiculous intelligence character

Kouji's predictions are based on his long-term planning for situations.

Kouji's predictions are based on his long-term planning for situations.
If they're based on long term study then its probably just Genius with super-memory. Since he lacks the secondary qualifications of EG at the moment.

If they're based on long term study then its probably just Genius with super-memory. Since he lacks the secondary qualifications of EG at the moment.
That is false, I don't believe Phoenks is familiar with the actual source material and I can confirm he is wrong about his predictions just being based on LT planning.

they're not just based on that. they are based on psychological profiling and thinking mostly.

he doesn't even do the "predict the future bit". he just makes contingencies for almost every possibility. but there's been things he failed to anticipate before. it's not precog.

he doesn't approach things by predicting the result but approaches them by making sure his plan is intact regardless of the result.

He surpasses it in sheer volume. but no, he doesn't have futuristic knowledge. he has like professor level knowledge in like two dozen or so domains.

Memory recall feat is fictional.
Chess, making a single better move than a chess engine doesn't even come close to the standard. Humans have done this before.
As shown earlier in the thread his knowledge surpasses geniuses in their fields in these domains, so "professor level" is downplay.

Also Memory recall is NOT fictional. He has shown multiple times the ability to search through his memories to look for specific information, you just choose to not believe this.

Here is another example of Ayanokouji's predictions. In Y2V5 there was a special exam called the Unanimous voting exam. As a class they would be given 5 questions and each person submits answers in secret. The class needs to come to a unanimous decision on each question within the time limit or fail. Ayanokouji was able to predict the final question would be a choice to expel a classmate. He knows that Kushida would use such an opportunity to try and expel him or Horikita so he instructs Kei ahead of time with a signal to take action and push Horikita to reveal the name of the class traitor (since he knew Kushida would be voting in favor of expulsion) to force her into the open. He understood that such a suggestion would have more weight coming from Kei since she was a more popular figure and more people would listen to her.

So Ayanokouji predicted what the details of the 5th question would be, he predicted how Kushida would act during that question, and then integrated that into his strategy of the exam by having Kei set the stage to introduce Kushida as the class traitor to protect himself and Horikita.

This prediction was for an exam which was announced the day before it happened so it couldn't be LT study.

Here is another example of Ayanokouji's predictions. In Y2V5 there was a special exam called the Unanimous voting exam. As a class they would be given 5 questions and each person submits answers in secret. The class needs to come to a unanimous decision on each question within the time limit or fail. Ayanokouji was able to predict the final question would be a choice to expel a classmate.
Unless you can prove that it was a mathematical based prediction that doesn't mean much for EG.
This prediction was for an exam which was announced the day before it happened so it couldn't be LT study.
Alright. Though it would still need to be reliant on pure intelligence and not other factors.

As shown earlier in the thread his knowledge surpasses geniuses in their fields in these domains, so "professor level" is downplay.
Professor level is the highest level IRL. he doesn't even qualify for the super scientist level we have here. He's just professor level in a two dozen domains, that's not underselling him FFS.
Also Memory recall is NOT fictional. He has shown multiple times the ability to search through his memories to look for specific information, you just choose to not believe this.
Memory recall is real. I am saying it's fictional what you mean by memory recall feats. He has no memory recall feats. what you call a memory recall feat isn't a feat or anything. but let's not regurgitate old ground.

Neither is a fictional "Memory recall feat" nor making a single better move than a chess engine something that even close to the criteria. you can give him complex plans and you can say he gets partial on the future predictions bit since at least he can visualize the different possibilities even if he rarely predicts. but how far that gets him in a tier filled with reality warpers, tony stark and actual human supercomputers isn't very far.
He deduced that this was a possibility yes, this was a deduction based on the rules and the previous special exams. which isn't an actually difficult prediction or deduction. Predicting that Kushida moving to expel Horikita is a possibility is like predicting that it's possible that Naruto will mention becoming the Hokage. that's literally all Kushida did everytime such an opportunity presented itself.

Ayanokouji himself when talking about this very act says that he planned for every possibility and that he doesn't see the future.

Last edited:
How is bro an EG combatant!!?😭 that will put bro around goku’s level in terms of combat skill. I agree with the downgrade.

He deduced that this was a possibility yes, this was a deduction based on the rules and the previous special exams. which isn't an actually difficult prediction or deduction.

Ayanokouji himself when talking about this very act says that he planned for every possibility and that he doesn't see the future.
Not really, the special exams don't have common qualities for use in predicting future exams. It is mentioned that exams are switched around year by year to keep this up so nobody has any information on upcoming exams. The closest thing to what you are implying are the island exams, but aside from both being on island they are both very different. There were not other exams based on unanimous questions like this to base a prediction on.

Ayanokouji was able to predict the final question would be a choice to expel a classmate
Unless I missing something, I don't see anywhere in your scans he predict that It would have a expulsion on the last question? Looks he account for the possibilita, not that he accuretely predict.

Not really, the special exams don't have common qualities for use in predicting future exams. It is mentioned that exams are switched around year by year to keep this up so nobody has any information on upcoming exams. The closest thing to what you are implying are the island exams, but aside from both being on island they are both very different. There were not other exams based on unanimous questions like this to base a prediction on.
He predicted that there is a possibility that one of the questions will deal with expulsion. the fact that's a possibility is straightforward, any reader would have considered it likely as well.

The rules even mentioned that protection points against expulsions are invalidated for this exam and the only announced mechanism for expulsion is failing to vote within a 60 second window and running out of 30 second overtime. something no student would be stupid enough to do unintentionally.

This isn't precog.

Unless I missing something, I don't see anywhere in your scans he predict that It would have a expulsion on the last question? Looks he account for the possibilita, not that he accuretely predict.
I should say he predicted that one of the questions would involve expelling a classmate and that Kushida would take advantage of it. Which is why he had implemented a signal with Kei beforehand to take action at this point. He used his prediction here to inform his strategy on countering Kushida.

As for claiming this isn't prediction and its just one of his plans, a few things contradict this. First he makes no mention of other possibilities during the exam. Second, his signal to Kei has coughing, so it's not like he gave her a specific message during the exam, and she acted from that to directly oppose Kushida using the expulsion question by forcing Horikita to acknowledge her.

This isn't precog.

Also for Ayanokouji not seeing the future, this has already been addressed with the scan of him saying he calculates possibilities to predict future events. Him saying "it's not like I see the future" is extremely literal as he doesn't have precog. But him considering every possibility and then using that to determine how events will unfold is how he operates. It is explained how he takes the variables of a situation and then "calculates" how they will come together.
Unless you can prove that it was a mathematical based prediction that doesn't mean much for EG.

Alright. Though it would still need to be reliant on pure intelligence and not other factors.
This was the scan explaining Ayanokouji's ability to take all the variables and possibilities of a situation and then use them to "calculate" how they will turn out.

I should say he predicted that one of the questions would involve expelling a classmate and that Kushida would take advantage of it.
Why you repeating yourself? Yeah I understand what you meant, I just don't see your argument for It.
Which is why he had implemented a signal with Kei beforehand to take action at this point.
I do agree he kinda implemented a signal, but I don't see how is "I using this signal to say to Kei for her to act up, so we can counter Kushida" Instead of "This is a signal for Kei to act up when I need".

Like, I not seeing anywhere this signal is supposed to specifically counter Kushida, instead of just being a general signal for him asking for Kei to act up.

He used his prediction here to inform his strategy on countering Kushida.
None of your scans says that trought.

First he makes no mention of other possibilities during the exam
He also don't mention anything about him predicting that the last question would envolve expulsion.

And also, how exactly he could have predict that? The exam don't hint anything about that being the case. If he knows that It would have expulsion on the last question based on nothing, he need to have supernatural precognition.

If that’s the standard, being able to anticipate future possibilities and what the consequences of your direct actions will be, then I am sorry but again many Geniuses on this Wiki meet that. Even Yagami from COTE predicted this very question, and unlike Ayanokouji whom we are only shown was prepared for this as a likely possibility, Yagami was sure the question will be there.

the character whom this normally applies to know the future as a sheer fact of their calculations. It gets called precog for a reason. Ayanokouji has had major events occur outside of his calculations before. even the Kushida vote if you read his monologue there was a slight surprise it was not unanimous.

“Genius”, “At least Genius”, “Genius, possibly Extraordinary Genius” .

I can accept all of them. in Fact I’d like at least Genius since he seemingly has the chops but not the feats. On the other hand, straight Extraordinary Genius is wrong

By the way the score right now is still like 30 against 5. From my perspective, that doesn't seem to be grounds for my side to compensate with the other side.

My limit is "At least Genius."

I do agree he kinda implemented a signal, but I don't see how is "I using this signal to say to Kei for her to act up, so we can counter Kushida" Instead of "This is a signal for Kei to act up when I need".

Like, I not seeing anywhere this signal is supposed to specifically counter Kushida, instead of just being a general signal for him asking for Kei to act up.
It's because of how Kei interjects into the conversation. She begins by insinuating that Horikita knows who the person constantly voting Yes each round is and she is concealing that fact. In simple terms, Kei isn't smart enough to deduce that, and her interjection specifically sets up Ayanokouji's interjection as a follow up point about Horikita knowing who the person voting yes is. So that means Ayanokouji had to give this information to Kei when he told her to respond to the signal. He knew that there would be a question about expulsion and someone (Kushida) would be voting in favor, he knew that Horikita would know which student is anonymously doing this and he needed to tell Kei this so she would say as much during her interjection.

So if it was just a signal, then Kei in that instant needed to be able to assess the situation and determine that Horikita actually knew who the traitor was. (which I doubt anyone here who knows the series would believe she could do) And Ayanokouji also pointed out that he know that Horikita would put together that Kei's interjection was actually a move on his part due to their relationship. Ayanokouji next thinks about what could happen if Horikita misunderstands his intention by having Kei begin to implicate the traitor, who he knows is Kushida, and then takes the next step in exposing her.

So the signal from Ayanokouji was a for a specific purpose of beginning to expose Kushida during the question about expulsion.

Back