• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade Tenchi

Yeah, but better wait for Sera. I heard she is going to make a blog about Tenchi Muyo (manga and novel).

But yeah, i guess Kami Tenchi is 1A considering he only transcends another 1A.

I wouldn't depend too much on Sera here, considering she hasn't been to willing to overwork herself over this stuff anymore, so I'd say it's best to downgrade Kami Tenchi to just 1-A, at least for now.

from what ive heard, nearly every 0 to high 1-A is gonna be downgraded to 1-A. and then justifications will be made wether they can be upgraded or not. so hes gonna get downgraded regardless.

is this a group effort? or is only one person in charge of a verse's profiles? feel like its tough for 1 person

I'm more than capable of handling this on my own. It's not a super-complicated verse, people just ignore context because there's so stupid composite hierarchy or 1-A scaling chains involved.

The OVAs and novels share the same continuity, and are considered the main canon. Everything else is spin-offs with their own continuity.

Sera EX said:
The OVAs and novels share the same continuity, and are considered the main canon. Everything else is spin-offs with their own continuity.
So it's kinda like those "Many Iterations" series like Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell?

Each spin off is its own universe. Such as the four other ones and Kami Tenchi has an incarnation of himself in those. The Choushins also transcends the Battle programmer shirase and idiot adventures of photon universe, that is basically Tenchi-verse cosmology.

Crzer07 said:
Each spin off is its own universe. Such as the four other ones and Kami Tenchi has an incarnation of himself in those. The Choushins also transcends the Battle programmer shirase and idiot adventures of photon universe, that is basically Tenchi-verse cosmology.
never heard of the battle programmer shirase. what is that excactly?

I don't mind downgrading Kami Tenchi to 1-A, but Sera understands the scaling better than I do.

To answer Matthew's question about continuity, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki started out as a very charming 13 episode OVA series, but then for some reasons the company producing the anime wouldn't let the original writer, Masaki Kajishima, continue where he left off, so they started producing poor quality spin-off TV series written by other people, that had nothing to do with the original series, and featured characters with the same looks and names, but that had very different personalities.

Later, they decided to let Masaki Kajishima write and draw the designs for Tenchi Muyo! GXP, which featured Tenchi's friend Seina, who became a member of the Galaxy Police, and had adventures in outer space. Unfortunately, his bosses attached Nabeshin as the director, who started to mess up much of the story into stupid gags and poop jokes with an annoying self-insert perverted robot named NB. Kajishima hated the end result so much, that he has so far written 17 GXP books that retcon the entire anime series, to turn the setting the way he wants again.

Kajishima has also written 3 "True Tenchi Muyo" books about the backstory for the main cast, that have been officially translated into English, and released a massive amount of information doujinshi and a few fact books.

In any case, the producers eventually let Kajishima continue to make regular Tenchi Muyo anime, and two additional OVA series have been released so far, with a fifth, and likely final, one to be released starting in February next year. He also released "Saint Knight's Tale" which features Tenchi's younger half-brother Kenshi having adventures in a parallel reality in the multiverse.

i want to see those 3 "true tenchi muyo" books for the main cast. if they have official translations then it is something i want to get my hand on.

thats neat, more characters than i thought. tenchi is probably the more important one, but he has lore spread out through the series.especially his link with kami tenchi, and how it will go away after his death. i wish i knew japanese tho, theres probably lots of info im missing from the light novels.

Well, there is a page that provides very poor quality translations of the Tenchi GXP novels if you are interested.

i am. but since its poorly ill take it with a graint of salt (kinda, doubt its that big of a deal)

Now that I think about, I guess a downgrade to 1-A would be fine. It might be some time before the revision anyway.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Feel free to downgrade his statistics to 1-A then.

Just needs some justifications as they're just stats with blank back up. But I suppose okay for now; but we can wait for Sera or Ultima to add more details.

I think so, yes. Sera will eventually likely try to improve on the Tenchi Muyo profiles, but there is no hurry.

Back