• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade Gru's intelligence

Sleep well, but you didn't answer the question đź‘€ A 5 year old making something like the machine in the clip by themselves and with most likely only the resources of whatever's in his house is definitely unheard of in the real world, and this is what entails extraordinary genius.

I stand by my position of disagreeing with the CRT.
I don't think the components were found in his house, Gru's known to be a skilled stealer. We have no means to ensure that he did made it himself, although it's heavily implied, but I don't know if it would be possible for his mother to have futuristic technology laying around the house.
It's okay to disagree, honestly this actually led to even greater feats being brought up.
And thank you.

I mean... to be very honest, the current description doesn't seem to fit with the standards for EG. The rocket he built as a child, we never saw how high it went. The other justifications seem irrelevant or not enough to warrant EG. I am sure Gru has some intelligence feat? Didn't he make the minions out of a banana? Or is that Dr. Nefario's feat (or was that retconned?)

I mean... to be very honest, the current description doesn't seem to fit with the standards for EG. The rocket he built as a child, we never saw how high it went. The other justifications seem irrelevant or not enough to warrant EG. I am sure Gru has some intelligence feat? Didn't he make the minions out of a banana? Or is that Dr. Nefario's feat (or was that retconned?)
Gru made this when he was 5 đź‘€

I'm supposed to be asleep but i remembered something.
Gru was barely 4 when he made the rocket and the airship, not 5.

Minions takes place in 1968.
Minions Rise of Gru happens in 1976.
In the second minions movie Gru states that he is 11 years and 3 quarters.
So this means he'd have been born in late April 1964 and would be 3-4 years old.

I'm supposed to be asleep but i remembered something.
Gru was barely 4 when he made the rocket and the airship, not 5.

Minions takes place in 1968.
Minions Rise of Gru happens in 1976.
In the second minions movie Gru states that he is 11 years and 3 quarters.
So this means he'd have been born in late April 1964 and would be 3-4 years old.
I woke up from a notification but I’ll settle for EG, you’re absolutely right with that age assessment. I would’ve debated it if he was 5, but being 3 is another level of genius. Just need to fix everything in Gru’s Intelligence section. Also, something’s icky because when you have an EG child, you’d expect the growth to make him stable enough to reach EG and beyond in adulthood but Gru hasn’t shown that any recently, is there a way we could precise this?

Last edited:
Back