• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade Gru's intelligence

Where are these percentages coming from lmao? What are the possible variables?
1- Dr. Nefario did everything on the scientific aspect.
2- Dr. Nefario didn't do everything on the scientific aspect.
That's a 50/50 chance.
Both could've done it hix.

For all we knew, they specifically worked together on it.

2/3 times it's a qualifier for EG
Maybe if you read you'd know, but eh, you're just gonna stonewall until the end of time(Definitely not for certain... reasons)
Meh they're both children, it's not like I'm comparing a college student to a preschooler.
The difference between being 5 and being 9 is quite a difference in mental development and whatnot.

Maybe if you read you'd know, but eh, you're just gonna stonewall until the end of time(Definitely not for certain... reasons)
The difference between being 5 and being 9 is quite a difference in mental development and whatnot.
I asked you where the percentages came from? Can you please make a post in the calc thread with every EG CRT and evaluate the percentage of acceptance in this particular situation we're in and come back. 🥺

And no, as I've said they're both children who made extraordinary accomplishments.

I think you missed my point there. The knowledge behind the rocket is something a Genius can mathematically figure out for that age group. Building the rocket at that age is what makes him EG.
"At the age of nine, Taylor announced he would become an astronaut. He set aside books about fantasy and magic to swot up on space exploration. He wrote to astronauts, requesting pictures and autographs, and began building and launching little rockets." The IRL child didn't only calculate it, he made them.

"At the age of nine, Taylor announced he would become an astronaut. He set aside books about fantasy and magic to swot up on space exploration. He wrote to astronauts, requesting pictures and autographs, and began building and launching little rockets." The IRL child didn't only calculate it, he made them.
First of all, how successful were those rockets? And again, 5 y. o. child mentality is closer to the baby one while 9 y. o. is closer to puberty, so these are REALLY different feats

I asked you where the percentages came from? Can you please make a post in the calc thread with every EG CRT and evaluate the percentage of acceptance in this particular situation we're in and come back.
I'll come back when debating with you isn't that brick wall meme... oh, right.
And no, as I've said they're both children who made extraordinary accomplishments.
I'm not going to argue with you on why being 9 is a big Advantage over being 5.

The IRL child didn't only calculate it, he made them.
The rockets he made were more or less fireworks per your source
As Wilson’s rockets became more elaborate, he detoured into propulsion and making his own fuels. He pinned posters of the periodic table on his wall and pestered his dad for spare parts from the bottling factory. Rockets led to fireworks and (mostly) controlled explosions; sugar was mixed with potassium nitrate to make thunderous bangs that sent mushroom clouds over the yard. The neighbours either freaked out, or came to watch.
Gru made a rocket that launched from Earth's ground, made it to orbit and then travelled to Mars.

Is intelligence the new hot thing to debate? I preferred the LS meta.

Anyways there's a lot of examples of Extraordinary Genius scientists, just compare Gru's feats to them.
What's funny is that there was an Ayanokoji CRT about his intelligence, and most people agreed that he was a Genius, not an Extraordinary Genius. Making Gru smarter than Ayano would be absolutely crazy.

Is intelligence the new hot thing to debate?
I suppose lol
I preferred the LS meta.
Attack Potency is left in the past?
Anyways there's a lot of examples of Extraordinary Genius scientists, just compare Gru's feats to them.
Bro he’s gonna do another terrible CRT on downgrading Phineas now
What's funny is that there was an Ayanokoji CRT about his intelligence, and most people agreed that he was a Genius, not an Extraordinary Genius.
What matters is that was it accepted or no? If no, then stop whataboutism

Am I stupid or is that absolutely not the same rocket?
I had confused the previous argument. They were talking about Gru's ship flying to Mars rather than child Gru's rocket reaching there. Having it fly into space would still make it a EG feat, just not as good as it going to Mars.

while it says he built some rockets at home, we never actually see how they looked and whether we're talking about models or actual funcitonal rockets. Since nobody can create a space rocket that isn't like 40 meters tall at least, it means at most he made model rockets and understood the functions of a rocket really well.

Gru on the other hand made a fully functional rocket at around 5 years of age. Most humans only became fully concious of their actions a year before, meanwhile at that development stage he managed to achieve a fully functional rocket.

Also to note, this happened right after the moon landing, meaning that Gru did this at around 1970 at which point there was far less information readily available about rocket science, compared to the time at which Taylor lives, when the internet was already a thing and far more information was available to the common person.

while it says he built some rockets at home, we never actually see how they looked and whether we're talking about models or actual funcitonal rockets. Since nobody can create a space rocket that isn't like 40 meters tall at least, it means at most he made model rockets and understood the functions of a rocket really well.

Gru on the other hand made a fully functional rocket at around 5 years of age. Most humans only became fully concious of their actions a year before, meanwhile at that development stage he managed to achieve a fully functional rocket.

Also to note, this happened right after the moon landing, meaning that Gru did this at around 1970 at which point there was far less information readily available about rocket science, compared to the time at which Taylor lives, when the internet was already a thing and far more information was available to the common person.
Indeed, but as I've said we don't know how far the rocket could go, we only see its launch, maybe it fell mid-flight? His inventions are a joke, majority of them were made by Dr. Nefario, and the only times he seems to contribute into their creation we don't know at which extent. Again I'm only seeing 1 valid and strong criteria for EG.

You're ignoring them, you do see them.

Gru is able to perform under pressure successfully, Gru can improvise with little at his disposal as someone already mentioned. And his knowledge is in several fields of science.
His knowledge doesn't compare to the ones of superscientists, he has great engineering knowledge and basics in probably biology/physics/chemistry (and again I'm reaching because there's no proof of that). I agree with the pressure/improvisation and that's the singular one I'm talking about. Gru is NOT on the level of Tony Stark, Reed Richards or even Bruce Banner.

Indeed, but as I've said we don't know how far the rocket could go, we only see its launch, maybe it fell mid-flight?
that is an assumption. Gru calls it a real rocket, it takes off, it flies off and even has a cabin inside that we can see. We may not know whether it reached orbit but we do know it is a full on rocket that functions and there's no evidence that it didn't reach orbit.
His inventions are a joke
They work well enough and he made the flying machines by himself, we see at the end of the minions that he already had them.
, majority of them were made by Dr. Nefario, and the only times he seems to contribute into their creation we don't know at which extent.
Yet again, this is a major assumption. We know that he orders stuff to be made by Nefario but beyond the stuff Nefario guaranteed made, you have no evidence that Gru didn't make the rest of them, especially the flying machines which he clearly worked on even before Nefario, meaning that he is the one who most likely maintains them. Additionally when Nefario left in DM2 Gru didn't seem to be worried about it at all, not to mention he had no issues when he got cryofrozen in DM3, meaning that he most likely can manage his own inventions very well.
Again I'm only seeing 1 valid and strong criteria for EG.
Seems like a you problem.

His knowledge doesn't compare to the ones of superscientists, he has great engineering knowledge and basics in probably biology/physics/chemistry (and again I'm reaching because there's no proof of that). I agree with the pressure/improvisation and that's the singular one I'm talking about.
He does not have to exactly compare to their feats at all. The page says clearly his knowledge must be extensive across different fields of science, he qualifies for this.

Back