• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin vs Marth

This depends on what Dovahkiin starts off with in character, if he just goes for brute force, he does absolutely no damage to Marth and he gets oneshotted, but if he uses his hax, Dovahkiin wins (specifically the Mind Manipulation, Petrification, Time Manipulation, and Transmutation)

It just depends on what Dovahkiin starts off with in character, Inconclusive for now

How do we judge what Dovahkiin start off with in character whenever you play as him and decide what he's like? Whenever I play Skyrim I tend to stay back and use bows arrows, magic shouts etc.

Edit: I'll vote for Inconclusive for the reason above

Would he go for this before a physical strike at melee range? (This is where they would have to be according to Standard Battle Assumptions, since Marth's range is only Extended Melee Range)

There's also the part of how being Soulless doesn't actually kill in FE (Celica, Cantors, and Witches being an example of this, although he'd likely still be under control by Dovahkiin)

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Would he go for this before a physical strike at melee range? (This is where they would have to be according to Standard Battle Assumptions, since Marth's range is only Extended Melee Range)

There's also the part of how being Soulless doesn't actually kill in FE (Celica, Cantors, and Witches being an example of this, although he'd likely still be under control by Dovahkiin)
If the Dovahkiin wants to finish a fight asap, they'd likely go for Soul Tear out of the gate. And I'm pretty sure enthralling an opponent would count as a victory

I mean all Marth has to do is slap Dovahkiin with the Falchion while a good amount of Dovahkiin's forms of combst just do nothing (as in, everything that isn't hax) and there's also a difference between just having to move your arm to do something than to use a full shout (which is also assuming that Soul Tear would be his immediate go to shout, along with go to attack) and from what I've read on the TES wiki is that it still deals physical damage and must kill in order to control

So, either that's just blatant game mechanics (no idea), or Marth just ends up being mindless and unstable but still oneshotting

Okay, let's say a small little fight went on, DB realizes he has to use his hax to win. Then go from there.

ok can we just assume he uses his hax? every single thread we make starts off as "ok but will dovahkiin use his hax though?" and it ruins the entire point of even making these threads and more importantly giving him a notable wins, losses, and inconclusive.

Alright then, considering that they're in melee range for this and that Dovahkiin starts off with hax, then the fight is still inconclusive as it's just "who shoots first"

Is this closed?

I'm gonna be a dweeb right now and say DB

I might be biased but I think the character (who is largely determined by the player) would likely instantly use cheap tricks to gain the battle advantage.

coughsSlowTime/BecomeEthereal/DragonAspectcoughs

And in the same time Marth could also just slap him with the Falchion, and he really only needs to do it once, still inconclusive, whoever shoots first wins

Back