• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doraemon Vs. Jerry Mouse

Paulo.junior.969 said:
That's also why Tier 1 is not that common in mainstream media overall, and the ones that have it are mainly science-fiction; in order to have a Tier 1, the show woul have to waste its time explaining what dimensionality is to the viewer so they don't get lost, and even if they explain, the most casual viewer might still get lost, since higher dimensions isn't that simple of a concept.
Yeah see this is why I don't put any stock in people rating characters from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as 1-C/10-dimensional. There was literally ONE mention of things being 10-dimensional in the series, and no attempt was ever made to explain or refer to higher dimensions other than that, and the final battle for all intents and purposes appeared to take place within some kind of alternate version of 4-D spacetime.

But people are still like "well Simon is probably 1-C because of this one-off statement in the show by writers who obviously don't even understand what higher dimensions actually are" (added that last part myself, obviously, lol), which literally makes zero freaking sense whatsoever. Lol.

Part of the problem here is the common trope that writers suck at math and don't understand physics. I've never really put any stock into "higher dimensional" characters in fictional media except when the writers show that they actually know what they are freaking doing when referring to higher dimensions, lol.

Edit: If anything, the 10-D statement in Gurren Lagann, for example (if the writers DID know what they were doing) was probably referring to something like the situation in String Theory where the extra 6 spatial dimensions are curled up into an imperceptible compact manifold; in which case, that wouldn't even be relevant to tiering.

Wow, I got so off-topic here. Lol.

Now find a way to put that explanation on a script without making it seem forced or out of place, while still making it funny, and without having a character turn to the audience and explain it, because nobody likes forced exposition.

Writting Tier 1 character is a pain.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Now find a way to put that explanation on a script without making it seem forced or out of place, while still making it funny, and without having a character turn to the audience and explain it, because nobody likes forced exposition.
Why's it have to be "funny," man? That would only be if it were in a show which is mainly focused on comedy.

Anyway, see what I said in my above post about an example from a series (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) which had a 10-D statement in the show which was quite obviously total BS and shouldn't have any stock put in it whatsoever.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Writting Tier 1 character is a pain.
Ok.

Infinity inside of another infinity thing along others like itself blah bah blah (side character breaks the explanation as he sees it as boring).

So what am I missing here after the toon force discussion? TacticalNuke gave his reasons, Paulo and Goody followed. So let me see TacticalNuke's reasonings

TacticalNuke002 said:
Doraemon is haxy af. But, it won't matter if he sees Jerry and runs away/faints in terror. Voting Jerry since Doraemon has not once fought a mouse with any amount of efficiency due to being mortally afraid of them.
The running away part is always followed by him pulling out the big guns or big bombs.

Also no one answered the AP gap. In fact, I don't even know why Jerry has 9-B as a rating when his justification is from scaling from Tom, who in turn survived the High 7-C White Mouse. Unless proper justifications are provided (calculated feats or powerscaling), we give baseline to characters. In that case Jerry can't harm Doraemon at all. He can be faster due to unequalised speed but if he can't harm Doraemon after a while, Doraemon gets madder and either stops time or BFR Jerry away with Bashou Fa. So unless anyone provides me a proper reason for Jerry being close to Doraemon's dura, he's not hurting Doraemon at all and will only stall with speed for so long before he gets za warudo'd or BFR'd

That said, Doraemon does indeed faint every now and then when he suddenly sees a mouse (not as frequent as the running and coming back with guns, mind you). So Jerry can win on psychological factor alone. It's pretty inconsistent, however.

TL;DR: Until someone provides solid reasons for Jerry's AP being comparable to Doraemon's dura, it is Inconclusive. Either Doraemon faints off the bat, automatically giving Jerry the win. Or Doraemon runs away before coming back with the heavy firearms and bombs, and Jerry stalling with his speed until he gets timestopped or BFR'd and lose.

My scans literally show him pulling the Solidifier Light off the bat straight after seeing the enemy's physiology. He is not an idiot to see Jerry reforming from ashes and do nothing while having a perfect counter for it.

Also seeing regenerating enemies is nothing new to Doraemon. In fact it'd just give him more reason to use the Glue Gu to stick Jerry down.

Also Doraemon would more often faint when surprised by a mouse, or seeing a giant one. Normally seeing a mouse does not induce fainting as often

Yeah no. He faints from toy mice. Seeing a real mouse come back from being turned to ash is going to majorly freak him out and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Back