• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, DG can also dodge his blade. Speed is equalized they are both going to get hit. Both have acrobats but doomguy has master hand to hand combat/ sword man ship skills and monsoon does not. So there is an increased likely hood that Doomguy would successfully dodge his attacks and land a ice grenade. He also has haste/overdrive on which gives him Infinte ammo for the duration, his back mounted grenade launcher can work independently from his actions. So while his dodging mono's attacks he's just going to spamming non stop ice grenades. He's gonna get frozen.

Are you seriously even just impying that Doomguy is more skilled than Monsoon? Have you ever even seen Monsoon fight? Because it's not even a contest, Monsoon skillstomps to a point where it's not even funny. And you do know that his detachment is 10x faster than himself, right? And it also makes him immune to AOE attacks, btw. And let's not even mention the fact that it's not even REMOTELLY in character for Doomguy to spam or even just use ice grenades

No they are not both going to get hit. Doomguy CAN'T hit him. Monsoon's body is automatically dodging any attack that comes at him, the attacks of equal opponents in speed or even 10x faster attacks like Raiden's Blade Mode (which was even further amplified by Ripper Mode).

BladeMode

Yes, both are acrobats. Too bad, Monsoon is a godlike one. Cyborgs are capable of jumping that, that and thatfar. I heaviily doubt Doomguy even comes close. I forgot to mention the fact that Monsoon can fly.

>but doomguy has master hand to hand combat/ sword man ship skills and monsoon does not.

Monsoon's profile: "Expert Sai Wielder". I wouldn't underestimate his fighting capabilties my friend. Since he's the very same guy who was going toe-to-toe with an all-out Ripper Mode Raiden.

>So there is an increased likely hood that Doomguy would successfully dodge his attacks and land a ice grenade.

No, he doesn't land an ice grenade. Monsoon can easily deflect it using electromagnetism. The only grenades shown to be working on Monsoon are EMP ones, used by Raiden.

>He also has haste/overdrive on which gives him Infinte ammo for the duration, his back mounted grenade launcher can work independently from his actions.

Good, Monsoon still can easily dodge bullets and even if one gets directed right at him he can either automatically, instinctively dodge it or cut through it with HF Blade, considering even a human Raiden in MGS2 could casually do that, and in Metal Gear Rising, he does that on daily. I bring it up because Monsoon was the guy who has fought equally with him.

I also need to note one thing, apparently Doomguy's weapons are not scaling to his physicals, seeing his profile "9-B to 8-A with weapons"... So even if he lands a hit, which is not happening, he's not getting damaged by it in a hundred of years.

It's impossible for monsoon to dodge everything in a speed equalized fight and to say monsoon is better at close quarters combat when he doesn't even have it listed is silly. His instinctive reaction only extends to his body instinctively splitting apart from a blade. It doesn't make him move faster and we can't say his instinctive split works with AOEs.

You can't use electromagnetism to defect ice

I'm well aware that most of doomguy's weapons can't hurt on an AP level, I told you heat from the BFG and plasma weapons, can bypass durability.

Monsoon is a top tier in a verse where even random fodder foot soldiers have master-level knowledge of severl martial arts and he goes toe to toe with a protag who can master martial arts just by reading about them on a book, saying that Doomguy scales to him in terms of skill just because he's "pretty good with a sword" is kinda funny tbh

>It's impossible for monsoon to dodge everything in a speed equalized fight and to say monsoon is better at close quarters combat when he doesn't even have it listed is silly.

He easily dodges the casual Raiden's attack which are equal to himself, so yeah... Also, he has it listed that he's a Sai fighter. Sai are his blades. He is a blade user.

>His instinctive reaction only extends to his body instinctively splitting apart from a blade. It doesn't make him move faster and we can't say his instinctive split works with AOEs.

...what AOE's that would work on Monsoon?

>You can't use electromagnetism to defect ice

He can use electromagnetism to deflect the grenade that makes the ice. Pretty easily.

>I'm well aware that most of doomguy's weapons can't hurt on an AP level, I told you heat from the BFG and plasma weapons, can bypass durability.

The very same plasma everybody and their cyborg mother scale from Raiden to resist, since he has tanked EXCELSUS plasma like it's nothing.

I have just noticed one thing, ETERNAL Doomguy is not 7-B. OP says it's 7-B Doomguy so 2016 version. He doesn't even have the ice grenade. But even if it's ETERNAL, I don't see how would Doomguy eventually pull a win.

Actuallly we CAN say his split works on AOEs, because Raiden's AOE shockwaves don't effect him during the bossfight. And again, Monsoon scales to plasma resistance, neither of those weapons are gonna effect him

In MGS the average terrorist grunt has a 180 IQ, it's a verse where master level skill of at least 4 martial arts is a prerogative.

And no. I'm not exaggerating, it's outright stated in MGS1 that the Genome soldiers (the grunts) have an IQ of over 180
Ai kiu 2

He does not physically move his entire body on the same level that his body splits, that's why an EMP grenade was able to land on him.

As soon as doomguy sees the ice grenade deflect of him his just going to start shooting at the floor to catch him with the AOE of the blast.

The BFG exceeds to heat of the sun, he's not going to resist it.

The sun is not that hot, especiallly the surface, and again, it won't even hit him, ever. And the reason why EMP hits him is because it disrupts the detachment to begin with

>He does not physically move his entire body on the same level that his body splits, that's why an EMP grenade was able to land on him.

...no. It's just because it's Monsoon's weakness. EMP is his only notable weakness. It has just exploded while Raiden has left him stunned, that's why it landed.

>As soon as doomguy sees the ice grenade deflect of him his just going to start shooting at the floor to catch him with the AOE of the blast.

???

>The BFG exceeds to heat of the sun, he's not going to resist it.

Core of the sun or surface of the sun? There's a massive difference.

SpookyShadow said:
>He does not physically move his entire body on the same level that his body splits, that's why an EMP grenade was able to land on him.

...no. It's just because it's Monsoon's weakness. EMP is his only notable weakness. It has just exploded while Raiden has left him stunned, that's why it landed.

>As soon as doomguy sees the ice grenade deflect of him his just going to start shooting at the floor to catch him with the AOE of the blast.

???

>The BFG exceeds to heat of the sun, he's not going to resist it.

Core of the sun or surface of the sun? There's a massive difference.
Not my point, my point is that the grenade was able to land on him in the first place. Throwing an EMP grenade on the floor so he doesn't deflect it is literally the strategy I saw the guy in video use to beat him. Before you start re typing that EMPs are his weakness understand that the grenade has to land on him for the EMP to go off. So an ice grenade that's able to freeze demons with an internal temperature greater than lava should be just as effective. The BFG is well over 3,600,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Are you seriously comparing an electromagnetic impulse to a basic explosion or ice? Electromagnetic Impulses move at the speed of light, of course they are gonna hit him, they are more than 10x times faster than him. And why are we even mentioning the BFG when it's 8-A and can't possibly hurt Monsoon in AP even if it could hit him (which it cannot), that heat is also never mentioned on neither the BFG page nor Doomguy's.

I'm comparing the grenades themselves, and they don't travel at the speed of light. Not like it would matter anyway because, again, speed is equalized. Without the proper heat resistance the BFG will kill him.

mate, who cares is the grenade hits him if its content cannot? Also electromagnetic grenades in MGR explode on contact, even with the ground, which is why you see people throw the EMPs right at Monsoon's feet, because it's gonna explode on contact with the ground and Monsoon can't dodge the content. Speed being equalized doesn't prevent the usage of speed amps, especially since Monsoon is the naturally faster charaacter among the two. Again, that level of heat is not present in neither the profiles, and it's irrelevant, becuse the BFG cannot hit Monsoon.

For the last time speed is equalized. His reaction speed is just the a static 10 times faster than his movement speed it's not a stat amp. So doomguy can hit him with an ice AOE then while he's frozen kill with a BFG or DG could just give him a slap from the AP gap. Also by using your logic about the BFG's heat, since stat amp, master martial artist and heat resist is not listed so it's not relevant. You can see it bright as day on the BFGs profile that it's stronger than the 2 megakelvin laser.

What parts of "Monsoon's detachment works on AOE stuff", "Doomguy doesn't have ice grenades in this key, and even if he had them he doesn't use them in-character", "Monsoon has "weapon mastery" on his profile aswell as "expert combatant", scales vastly above people who have mastered several martial arts", "MGR is under revision and there are missing abilities" and "Being stronger than something doesn't even remotely mean you are hotter than it" are hard to understand? This debate is completely and utterly pointless, unfollowing

1. monsoons detachment has never been shown to work on AOE

2. The guy who started the thread said it's his doom eternal key, he just got the AP wrong

3. It's in character for doomguy to use everything at his disposal

4. Scaling above some via AP doesn't make you a better martial artist than them and again it's not listed so it's irrelevant.

5. Doomguy is under revisions too. I'm talking about what is listed now.

6. In this case it actually does because the laser and BFG both run on argent energy, when to argent energy source was discovered it was stated that it exceed the theoretical limits of heat. So the more argent energy you have the hotter it gets.

7. I'm not saying it would be impossible for monsoon to win, I'm just providing the realistic win con for doomguy.

I'll answer when Ennard determines if it's 2016 or ETERNAL Doomguy. From the beginning it was supposed to be 7-B Doomguy.

No matter what his durability is, if he gets hit by HF Blade, he gets one-shotted, that's how they work. Now that I have seen the range of Ice Grenade, it's pretty shit and occupies only a small area, I have no idea why would it actually hit Monsoon. The Monsoon-getting-hit-by-EMP-grenades thing is either a game mechanic or just the fact that it mainly releases a laser-like strand of energy, and it's mainly used when Monsoon is left in "stunned" animation. Monsoon can smoke the entire area and if Doomguy gets slashed by Dystopia, he's getting diced.

I don't even see how would any weapon hit him, not even the BFG, and I'm pretty sure the strands are garbage compared to actual plasma ball it releases. Monsoon is not going to stand there like a dumbass and take a huge plasma ball, neither is Doomguy going to stand there and take his attacks, but with Monsoon distraction/smoke grenades/dodge I see him being far more likely to actually hit Doomguy.

And Monsoon is a good martial artist, he just relies more on weapons. What's even that argument anyway?

The AOE range of the emp is only slightly larger than size of the grenade. While the ice grenade has shown to cover the entire length of the cyber demon, who is 25+ feet and the radius can be increased with upgrades.

I'm only saying the BFG would hit while he's frozen solid from the grenade.

The win con for doomguy is the fact that monsoon still has to come in close in order to get the kill(yes I'm aware that he has a go-go gadget extendo arm, but he never opens with it and this fight is only going to last a couple seconds). Overdrive/haste is going to be active which is going to give bottomless clip on all his guns and equipment and he will in character, spam everything. Doomguy can dodge just enough hits so he can land that one ice grenade where he will either A.BFG B.Crucible C. Blood punch and all three will one shot monsoon.

Cyber demon is roughly 25 feet tall
FEAD2980-BDAA-44E8-A1CC-A834E870723D
https://youtu.be/CTOMOvZU_BY

You can see even though the fodder looks out of range it still hits him. So the ice grenade has a non visible freeze shock wave at the end of it, don't know if that was intended or not but either way the ice grenade's AOE is huge.

Well... the AOE is kinda disappointing. The reason EMP grenades were hitting Monsoon were already explained above. Monsoon in character throws smoke grenades and just slashes his opponent fron the back.

Also... I've done some research and apparently in strong magnetic fields ice melts rather quickly, and Monsoon's body is filled with electromagnetism. Might be even harder to freeze carbon nanotubes and powerful ass steel infused with it.

The ice grenade is a able freeze demons that have an internal temperature grater than lava so I'm gonna need more than that.

SpookyShadow said:
Well... the AOE is kinda disappointing. The reason EMP grenades were hitting Monsoon were already explained above. Monsoon in character throws smoke grenades and just slashes his opponent fron the back.
Lol the cyber demon is 25 feet tall and the ice grenade AEO is almost 3 times that.

You said they were his weakness that wasn't an explanation on why a grenade was able to hit him.

There are two explanations, EMP moves at SOL speed and it's game mechanics.

Well lava is hot, but Monsoon's electromagnetism heat could probably outclass that. Thermal radiation and all. I'm not sure how hot that would be though.

I still see him being able to jump his way out of that...

Also on the video you have sent, there is a frozen body in comparison. REALLY doesn't look that big, assuming the body is like 2 meters tall.

Doomguy can move just as fast as monsoon(speed equal)and has as many mobility options, so the game mechanic and SOL arguments aren't really applicable here. Monsoon still has to get up close to come on for the killing blow and doomguy can actually take 2 shots from rune abilities. I know monsoon has the better chance of winning this but I'm just saying it's not a compete stomp. And that electromagnetic stuff about melting ice isn't going to be enough on this website.

Back